Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)

9 years 11 months ago #123891 by ElMichaJ
first match 5 injuries and one red card :D

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123892 by ElMichaJ
vitus and me played over stable connection ... and it was fine without big lags (maybe better than on amiga online version) and so on
gamepad looks like working too

if someone reconnect, maybe both has to restart game ... had some kinds of desynch

but it worked every first match without a disconnect from other player :)

really nice work .... time for a new ranking called: PC SWOS WORLD ONLINE ...

:D :D :D :D :D

well ... i could change tactics in beginning ... but not player positions ... maybe a bug ... (no influence but substitutes)
change ingame works ...

for me its fine with that ;)

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
9 years 11 months ago #123898 by Playaveli
I must say... this is amazing.
Never thought this could be done with dosbox. All the config of it is irrelevant (CPU cycles, RAM etc...) for online mode.
MAC vs. Windows worked from scratch.

Zlatko without source code is better than Codemasters with it!
If Amiga online has put XBLA SWOS to shame in terms of online playability, this version ridicules it even with its game lobby.

I m flashed! :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #123899 by Tomplus
@Playaveli
Thanks for files.

I think that is great idea, maybe who know remember a text Eduardo Sousa about OpenSWOS Concept? (swos.pl/openswosconcepts.html) (for polish version: swos.pl/dreamofopenswospl.html)

its true Zlatko alway created amazing extesions, patch and programmes for SWOS fans :) Thanks Zlatko.

More
9 years 11 months ago #123900 by swoozh
Replied by swoozh on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Awesome news! Zlatko is a hero!

Is there a chance we could donate some money to Zlatko for his work? I d love to donate for a project like this this.

+1

More
9 years 11 months ago #123901 by St.Vitus
Indeed - we played 1 game over a stable connection at 00:30 last night. Much too late for me, but this is a breakthrough so I didn t care about my sleep. ;D

I used Dfend Reloaded as frontend. This makes dosbox configuration much easier. (dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/index.html?lang=en). In fact, the download includes Dosbox.

I created a swos profile via assistent (There s a template called Sensible Soccer). I set up the configuration once (install - configured the soundcard). Then I replaced the 2 files (swospp.bin and loader.bin). Testplay offline was succesful. You have a multiplayer button in the swos++ menu then. Then I quit the Dosbox.

For the Multiplayer I entered ElMichaJs IP directly in the D-Fend Frontend and it worked. (section Network - IPX-Client) with ElMichaJs IPaddress and Port 27886 as we know it from Amiga....

Bugs: Could not change players before the game. But these are minor bugs.

It s still in Alpha stage and runs amazingly!

Still cannot believe it.... :o

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123904 by Playaveli
Had 3 test matches vs. Coolio. Worked fine (Barca vs Brazil, without need of save disc whatsoever)! :)
Had to start game with parameter /f (together with debug version of swospp.bin, before that game did not start!) for full colors both, then we could play. No disconnect or desync whatsoever.

Ingame substitutions worked perfect!

@ Zlatko: ul.to/jn83fp24 (Log file, 24 MB)!!
Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago #123905 by zkz
Replied by zkz on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Thank you guys very much! :-)
I will be busy these days but after that update is planned, with fixes and new stuff ;)

More
9 years 11 months ago #123907 by PIOOTREK86
when I click on patchit to install it it show me this error as shown belowe.

I got windows 7

64-bit
Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123908 by olesio
Replied by olesio on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
@Piotrek: Launching DOS *.com executable under system newer than Windows 95? Heh. Good luck ;)

Btw, I found some time and at: olesio.eu/olesiolab/swos97_full_nocd_dosbox.rar you got version with updated SWOS++. I enabled IPX option in config, so it should work. But I did not tested. Nice work @Zlatko :)

You are lucky because probable Profesor Bliszka from swos.pl do not have time to send you so many questions, as he send to me by e-mail some time ago. We have long conversation that makes me LOL many times, when I created cracked version of non english executabled with full speeches and movies based on english executable cracked by Hybrid on his request. Maybe he do not want to write to much in English than in Polish ;)

But anyway, @Zlatko how you figured out how to write SWOS++ from scratch? Are you a genius or something? ;) Hehe ;) Because that was probable one of Bliszka s questions. When he asked me something like How cracker from Hybrid know which offsets in executable should be changed to allow SWOS work without CD inserted to drive? . I answered somethinlg like that Probable he teleported from past to 201x year and ask Maciej The Diviner (polish: Wróżbita Maciej) for details. . For non Polish guys. Wróżbita Maciej is a host of some stupid late night live polish TV shows . Where silly people calling and waste they money, because probable one from 10000 or more callers maybe have chance to speak with him live. And ask some stupid questions about own feature and Maciej answer some shits based on divination with Tarot cards ;) Ofcourse all callers waste more than one euro for connection to hear some answering machine voice You almost connnected with Maciej! Try again etc.

Ofcourse Bliszka made great work with sows.pl site. But some of his questions makes me think I m on some hidden camera show or he make jokes from me :) That wss facts for make good humor for all PC SWOS fans. And I m suprised that people still loves that game in version with physics from ass . But ok. Everybody have own tastes. I did what I can and release cracked executables for other versions. But only English version have SWOS++ support. And I always thought that PC version is for @romaneq and Czech dudes only ;) Maybe Zlatko find some time and do some new online Amiga version support. Because like we know - that version really rulez. Traditionaly. Sorry for my bad English.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds