SWOS++ and SWOS Sound Patch Ver.0.01

More
9 years 8 months ago #125294 by onlyonebutton
Hi there . Is there any possiblity to use this 2 patch together. Because this patch ( users.otenet.gr/~mic-mic/swos.htm ) is very usefull for changing sounds. I m workıng on a turkish commentary and if it is possible that make things so much easier :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125296 by olesio
I first time see this patch. Is my modifications based on crack by Hybrid for English version, for all other language versions and English version with SWOS++ are not enought? If not, please specify, what must be made (additional changes description) with this patch and I can fix it somehow. Ofcourse if I find some free time and strength to do this in heat :)

Because I taken whole data from *.nrg image uploaded by Playa long time ago here. And applied changes to all execs including new English SWOS++ version. Ofcourse it is better to do not switch sound card kind settings. Because game have some bug. And even original can crash under DOSBox in some languages versions. Urls to my fixes avaiable from some time here.

Ofcourse all changes are made with head and no needed bytes weren t modified, to avoid clicks and other crackles sounds even on full files.

olesio.eu/olesiolab/swos97_full_nocd_dosbox.rar
olesio.eu/olesiolab/swos97_full_nocd_dosbox_online.rar

Sorry for my bad English. I hope all is clear for you.

EDIT: like I see that patch make so many changes. But in my opinion that many offsets are no neet to changing because it is enought only about seven, taken from Hybrid s release.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125318 by onlyonebutton
I m already using your version. But when i try to patch sound files it says that .exe file is already modified.After that game don`t start. Sorry but i have no technical information about what must done. But i think it has nothing to do with sound card. It just changes allocated memory for commentary in game files so you can use bigger and longer comments without limitations.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #125320 by Playaveli
File size of RAW, file name and hz/mono (8 - bit Mono, and sampling rate of 22050) has to be maintained. Then the exe file does not matter!
Use Goldwave (Win) or Audacity (MAC) to edit sound files of SWOS.

PS: This might help... paul.swos.eu/sensi/editinfo.htm#list

More
9 years 8 months ago #125322 by onlyonebutton
Ok may be i don`t get it but what does this means More important, the game can now use in-play comments of any duration. I have also increased the total memory allocated for in-play comments from 2.8 MB to about 6.9 MB, which should be more than enough. Version 0.01 of my patch does not increase allocated memory for hard disk (out-of-play) comments. From now on I assume that you have applied my patch so that you don t have to keep exactly the same filesize for all in-play comments. This is from author of patch. More info on users.otenet.gr/~mic-mic/sounds.htm
I can already knew about changing sound and commentary files. ( already i m doing turkish commentary it sounds very well. ) But if we can change file sizes bigger comments looks good for me. May be just for me :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #125323 by Playaveli
I can only suggest you to keep original file sizes. SWOS acts like a bitch if you add bytes to anything!

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds