Sensi Highlights Vid from the UK!

• Lebowsk1
  • Lebowsk1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #82306 by Lebowsk1
Sensi Highlights Vid from the UK! was created by Lebowsk1
Hi there!

I just registered here and would like to post up my highlights vid from a recent series of one-on-one, offline leagues I had with a friend of mine.

Here s the vid:

I posted this somewhere else on these forums before I found this sub-forum, but I don t want to seem like I m spamming the board, I just want to get this thing out there!

So please do enjoy, sensi-fans, and thanks in advance for any views, ratings and comments. Thankyou for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #82307 by Retrieving
Good stuff, welcome aboard ヽ(・∀・)人(・∀・)ノ

More
14 years 1 month ago #82335 by Playaveli
Welcome!

Here is a video which introduces the community to you... in 2 parts...

[flash=650,500]www.youtube.com/v/LwwKdpprLP8 ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/flash]

[flash=650,500]www.youtube.com/v/SwwAO5cFw6Q ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/flash]

More
14 years 1 month ago #82382 by AndYpsilon
Welcome - nice goals ;)

What about an offline-cup in the UK? We are all waiting eagerly :D

• Lebowsk1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #82528 by Lebowsk1
Replied by Lebowsk1 on topic Re: Sensi Highlights Vid from the UK!
Thankyou for the interest, guys. It is great to have the vid seen by what is effectively the biggest Sensible Soccer community in the world!

Really, I am quite envious. I also play fighting games, and there are very good events for those in the UK, but Sensible Soccer lacks that. And to compound matters, one of our core Sensi players is now living in Los Angeles, and another is in New Zealand, while yet another has retired . In 2008 we had a 4-man tournament, when those guys were both back in the country, but sadly we did not record it. I won, by the way. ;)

So right now it is only me and Rich.... HOWEVER! There is hope! He works as a German language translator, and he is thinking about spending some time in Germany to improve his skills, and if that were the case I would definitely find out when you guys are holding a tournament and make sure I caught a flight!

The most difficult thing for us would be adapting to the World of edition. We play the European edition (courtesy of a fabulous plug n play machine we found on sale in a local appliance store), with the star player skill button. This means that if a star player has the ball, firstly he does not lose control of it like the regular players. And secondly, if you hit the a button, he ll do a star skill shot , which is like a kick with the height and angle determined by the computer in some way.

Paul, our player in LA, does not use this button at all out of principle. Rich uses it all the time, however his team (Germany) does not have a star player striker, so most of his goals are definitely determined by him. I play a sweeper system with my Italy team, and find the a button a fantastic tool for clearances when the sweeper is under-pressure (facing goal, for example), but that s the only time I use it.

Headers are ALWAYS diving, full-power headers in this edition. There are no loopey headers. This is what would take the most to adjust to for us. But we d definitely give it a go. It looks to me like you can adjust the power of the loopey headers, so is that to do with whether you do a neutral or a directional jump before contact (or whether you jump at all)? I must say, we do love the power headers of the Euro addition... but the loopey ones do look fun. I don t know. I ll have to try to get SWoS working in some way and give it a try, if only to compete with you guys.

Thanks for all the views, ratings and comments and keep it sensible fellas!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #83028 by Schulle
Yeah, get swos to work and see you at the sensible IRC channel :)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #83037 by djowGer

Hi there!

I just registered here and would like to post up my highlights vid from a recent series of one-on-one, offline leagues I had with a friend of mine.

Here s the vid:

I posted this somewhere else on these forums before I found this sub-forum, but I don t want to seem like I m spamming the board, I just want to get this thing out there!

So please do enjoy, sensi-fans, and thanks in advance for any views, ratings and comments. Thankyou for your time!

which version is this in the video? SNES or SEGA?

• Lebowsk1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #83061 by Lebowsk1
Replied by Lebowsk1 on topic Re: Sensi Highlights Vid from the UK!
It s actually the Plug n Play battery-powered system, but it s the Euro edition and seems identical to my SNES version (although the PnP itself is like a miniature replica Megdarive/Genesis, so it could be that the SNES and SEGA versions were identical).

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #83080 by Playaveli
SNES version had fake names! ;)

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds