08 JULY Voting!

More
15 years 8 months ago #48224 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: JULY Voting!
The problem is, that we would have to enter this manually into the profile of each player
because it is a competition of this forum. And not a system in our database which works automatic.

The medal thing is quite easy to understand. One color for each system (purple for online, blue for PC offline, green for Amiga offline etc...).

For now we cannot find an easy solution.
But pls keep posting ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #48230 by LIK
Replied by LIK on topic Re: JULY Voting!
Well medals for cups are not automatic, you must set winners.

So maybe similar system like this one, special admin menu for goal of the month/year medals

More
15 years 8 months ago #48231 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: JULY Voting!
But it would be only once a month, would it be that hard? ;D
With time a graphical interface could be created for that too and added to the admin menu.

But probably yeah would need to be something different from what exists now, maybe in a new table or something. Or simpler, just a counter telling how many GOTM that player won and then every month you d only need to update that number. Just guessing I have no idea as I don t know your database.

I think this would be a great idea if it can be made and would also bring much more participants to this event.

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #48232 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: JULY Voting!

Just guessing I have no idea as I don t know your database.

Hehe, be happy that you don t know this jungle... :P

Well medals for cups are not automatic, you must set winners.

So maybe similar system like this one, special admin menu for goal of the month/year medals

Yes, but it s entered automatic into the player profile after you did that.
The idea with another system like that is ok...we only would need 1 medal. For the winner. Interesting.

More
15 years 8 months ago #48237 by Falcon
Replied by Falcon on topic Re: JULY Voting!
what would be easiest to do is to add a win here into the achievement list. Cool would be to create it as a link to the video.

In the long run the perfect thing would be to embed the videos themselves into the profile womehow. But this sounds messy even to start with.

More
15 years 8 months ago #48247 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: JULY Voting!

The idea with another system like that is ok...we only would need 1 medal. For the winner. Interesting.

Just don t forget it can happen there may be more than 1 winner in a month if players get same votes. Not sure how would you handle that.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds