Re: Concept of the Lego Amiga keypad I am designing

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #137485 by captaincofresi
Just working out how to make a Lego Amiga keypad. ;D , I will probably be modifying the keypad I recieved as a gift on the Sensi Days in Holland. Might add some new paint to the keys though, now to figure out what paint to use ;-). The idea is to use Lego tape (unofficial) for the bottom, two sided to have a rubber surface so it won t skid.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #137486 by Bomb
hehe, would be interesting to see this working. good luck !

More
6 years 9 months ago #137491 by djowGer
haha.. nice 1. here is some inspiration i saw a while back: www.damngeeky.com/2014/03/13/19065/diy-p...le-key-feedback.html

More
6 years 9 months ago #137509 by captaincofresi
Thanks djowger, that looks good :-) . Just tried if the crosses on the keys I have would fit the Lego Technic, but too bad, just a little too large. I will figure something out though, might not go for the full Lego keys, because I really do like the feel of real keys when playing. Looks a bit slippery to use Lego, expecially with intens matches :P

More
6 years 8 months ago #137615 by captaincofresi
Here is an update on my Lego keypad design :), although I will replace the gold and silver keys with the real keys I finished painting this week. Do want to feel a little bit of grip when playing ;-).
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #137616 by captaincofresi
Just updated it with a better greenish color for the shadow of the net :-).
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #137617 by djowGer
Why do u have space between directional keys? I Don t think it is such a good idea, since u tend slide fingers from one key to another, especially doing the Up/down switch

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #137619 by captaincofresi
Well you have a good point there. I just checked and measured the design, and the locations of the keys are good; only thing I need to do is fill the 1x2 spaces between the keys with gold bricks. Yes, I need less bricks, since the keys are only for the concept and measuring the spacing. Thanks for noticing ;D

Just finished painting the keys, from the keypad you gave me. I will put it to good use ;-).

More
6 years 8 months ago #137620 by captaincofresi
Oh yes, and the ball can rotate, and the goalkeeper too. :o

More
6 years 8 months ago #137621 by captaincofresi
updated version is here.. of the Lego keypad
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds