ČMS / Prague Open 2010

More
13 years 5 months ago #93278 by GEO
Replied by GEO on topic Re: ČMS / Prague Open 2010
Results are entered and Marty said to me he will post there later today some pics. Standing are known yet so let me write some details of ČMS / Prague Open 2010.

If anyone dont know what ČMS means its in English Czech Championship , always played together with Open. Finally it looked like Czech Championship only this year. Many swos fans from abroad (e.x. Poland and Hungary) didnt come although they want.

Well we start at 12 oclock with draw. We had at the begining 8 player so we decided to play 2 groups of 4 players with 4x play each other. After this round lunch was served and we continue with second round. Groups were created from winners and other players of previous round. One group was also joined by Jachym who came later. In these rounds was clear that our most experienced players Karlos, Marty, GEO and Gazza will rule in the tournament.

In the second round in superleague consist of players named upwards was Karlos a bit lucky as he said cause he won his first 6 matches in a row and took the lead. Then it was Marty who didnt loose any game in the second half and finished few points after Karlos. I can say GEO was a bit frustrated due to final stats 1-3-4 after 8 matches vs.Marty so he stay third after Karlos and Marty. Same course had also second group of Egon, Red, Cebbek, Jachym and Sanctis. Red shown fantastic start with four win in row at the begining, but loose with Sanctis and Cebbek and draw with Egon send him after Cebbek who played very well and invariably in this group.

Some problems in quarterfinals had Karlos with 3-1 win over Jachym, Gazza with solid play overcome Cebbek 6-3, concentrated Red was close to upset GEO although he was leading in first 1-0 and in second 2-1 he lost about one goal 3-4, Marty crushed Sanctis 7-1.

Semis offers easy pass for Karlos over Gazza 5-0 and thriller betwen Marty and GEO with happy ending for Marty who capture 6-4 win. Third place match fight starts with easy win for GEO in first game 3-0 after that he secured his third spot. Final was directed by Marty and won without any problems 4-1. After this match he said: Finally I did it, over past seven years I won!! He became one of five players who won in Prague in history.

At the end I have to say that we hadnt any problems with PCs and controllers, tournament had smooth running without any troubles. It was fun and we enjoyed whole day with swos again. We are looking forward to next Prague Open hopefully again with international participation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #93279 by AndYpsilon
Nice report GEO, thx!

More
13 years 5 months ago #93304 by Marty

More
13 years 5 months ago #93380 by djowGer
Cool report GEO, and nice to see the photos also Marty.

And congrats to winners! Offline rulez! :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #93715 by Schulle
Congrats to winners - nice tournament!

More
12 years 8 months ago #104840 by Pallister
Is the czech SWOS crew still alive? Would be a pity if we wouldn t have more of your great offline tournaments :(

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds