Re: Aalborg Swos Cup #1 - d. 24/2-2007

More
17 years 2 months ago #16314 by djowGer
it s much to translate.. what do you wanna know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16353 by Gunde
Yo Guys.. here´s a pic of me from this weekend´s swos training camp ... ;D or was just normal danish beer drinking.. ::) cant remember... Beware.. I will be deadly
Attachments:

More
17 years 2 months ago #16358 by Pallister
Muahahaha ;D ! Nice Pic Gunde!!! Hehe!

It will be a crazy, funny and amazing tournament, I m sure!

More
17 years 2 months ago #16591 by Schulle
any news from Denmark? :D

did you free your fridge for german beer?? 8)

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16592 by djowGer
my fridge is always empty ... so yes its free.

I was wondering about how the best way to do the tournament is. I have seen on ss.de how they did sensi days, 1 big group and 8 first to playoff. And i have been to the issa cup. Seeded groups and 4 first from each group qualify.

i strongly feel that there should be no seeding, which could only be based on online play, since there will be players attending who havent played online. which makes them unseeded, this is unfair imo.

we are gonna be aprox. 12 players. so my idea would be 2 groups with 6 players in each group. random draw from a hat or whatever, and play every opponent twice 2x 3mins ;)
top 3 from each group form a new group, playing for seeds 1-6, and playing eachother 1 or 2 times.

the remaining 3 from each of the first 2 groups 4, 5 6. form a second chance group, were they fight for last two spots to get to the Quater finals, this will be seeding 7th and 8th. in the QF.

Rest will be like we normally do it here at ss.de.

Using original league structure is a cool thing i think, and you get a random opponent. But the downside is of course that you could get injueries and bookings. If you picked a medium good team eg. Parma, and both Zola and Chiesa gets injured quickly, you might be in deep s***! pardon my french :D

If you do it like the sensi days, with friendlies, you will not get punished in the long run for bookings and injuries, which i think is a shame. If we played like this, and Zombie (master of dirty tackles) was playing in the aalborg swos cup he would win for sure :D

1 big league would be possible playing on only 1 amiga, but it takes time, to much time!

Please tell me what you guys think of all of this.

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16597 by Schulle

we are gonna be aprox. 12 players. so my idea would be 2 groups with 6 players in each group. random draw from a hat or whatever, and play every opponent twice 2x 3mins ;)
top 3 from each group form a new group, playing for seeds 1-6, and playing eachother 1 or 2 times.

the remaining 3 from each of the first 2 groups 4, 5 6. form a second chance group, were they fight for last two spots to get to the Quater finals, this will be seeding 7th and 8th. in the QF.

Please tell me what you guys think of all of this.

I agree to the more groups thing and the seeding during the group phases.

But i strongly disagree the all in one real amgia group thing, cause if e.g. my best players breaks his leg in 1 min in 1 game, you will probably find me the rest of the tournament in front of your fridge, but not having fun with swos anymore ;)

So please no original league structure!!! THX :)

At sensidays, we had a little program on a Laptop, Leaguemanager or sth like that, whit table, results, play-days and topscorers, statistics and stuff. Was cool to see. We had the table on beamer also.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16607 by Pallister
Ye, i think real league on amiga isn t a good idea. In the Mitteldeutschland-Cup we played only frdlys, and we wrote the results on Excel and created a table with it too. Not so much work, and all results were entered. That s also important, because we must send the file to one of the admins. They put all results to the offline-Stats and offline-ranking.

In the MD-Cup we were 6 players. We play 2 times each 3min, the first and second place were set for the semifinal, for place 3-6 we made a draw. The winners of this matches reached semifinal too, the looseres played a match for place 5.

So it s an idea to make 2 groups of 6 and play it like this. We can play on 2 amigas and every player gets the max of matches. Just an idea ;)

And here is my suggestion for the Nations-Cup after the Aalborg-SWOS-Cup:

We play with 4 german and 4 danish players (free choose). Every opponent 2 times each 3 min. The best stats of all matches decides the victory. What u think about this?

Greetz from the tightly looking forward Pallister ;D

More
17 years 2 months ago #16619 by djowGer

.. i strongly disagree the all in one real amgia group thing, cause if e.g. my best players breaks his leg in 1 min in 1 game, you will probably find me the rest of the tournament in front of your fridge, but not having fun with swos anymore ;)

So please no original league structure!!! THX :)

I see your point.. :P

At sensidays, we had a little program on a Laptop, Leaguemanager or sth like that, whit table, results, play-days and topscorers, statistics and stuff. Was cool to see. We had the table on beamer also.

I would love to try this program out. Who has a copy?
What i would be most interested in, can it produce a list of games to be played in a random order after having chosen the players?

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16620 by Playaveli
Yes, it can!

Download:
www.software4fun.de/ligamanager---98-free.htm
(also english language included)

I think everything in this program is self-explaining. It is really nice! Cross-tables, fixtures, personal stats etc...

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16622 by djowGer
You are the man Playaveli! Thumbs up! :D

The program is now tested and I must say it works great. Im pretty sure we will use it. thx,

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds