ISSA 21

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #126577 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: ISSA 21
After a break of 4 years it was time again for a new edition of the legendary ISSA tournaments - finally.
It has been a great comeback. 22 players (many ISSA veterans, the Aalborg Crew, three Bulgarian players and some guys of the German SWOS-team) gathered at a suitable tournament place. After drawing the groups (two groups of six players and two of five players) we started a little walk through Copenhagen - led by ISSA XX winner Rasmus carrying the Sensible Flame . Very nice tradition - not only because of the special atmosphere but also because of the stunned faces of some passerby like: WTF are these guys doing there??? :)

Groupstage went nearly flawless. The only thing I don t like that much with different group sizes is that the people of the smaller groups have to wait comparatively long for the other groups to be finished. As the organizers set an eating-break after groupstage anyway some players had to wait 1,5 - 2 hours after group stage. Maybe next time the smaller groups could play one more match against each other to avoid longer breaks - just an idea ;)
The KO-rounds offered many tough and thrilling matches - some with many goals, some with nearly no goals. Just wait for the replays and enjoy.

Personally I m happy with my 4th place in a tournament with that many strong players. I d like to say congratz again to the Top 3: Djowger, Andib and Marin.

Thx again to the organizers for hosting this cup - I hope there won t be another 4-year-break and am already looking forward to the next ISSA edition!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #126578 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: ISSA 21
* sign *

Perfect location, Hostel nearby, Pizza and Falafel 3 mins to go, nice atmosphere, thrilling matches.

Thanks to the organizer s. I enjoyed it very much.

CU hopefully next time! :)

Edit: I was in a 6 players group, but I can understand AndY. Maybe we can speed up the more-players-groups and reduce the waiting time for the less-players-groups. As AndY mentioned: No critic - just an idea. :D

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #126598 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: ISSA 21
I can only repeat:

It s been an excellent tournament, from top to bottom! Like a hot lady... :) Great to see ISSA reincarnated!

Poul, congrats and hats off to you for another BIG title! This is definitely your year! Top notch performances, garnished with god-like goals in crucial moments (esp. the killer-combo vs. Marin!). 2014, you crowned your SWOS career. I deign it to you!

Results: sensible-soccer.dk/?page_id=3594
Updated stats of ISSA events: sensible-soccer.dk/?page_id=14

More
9 years 5 months ago #126601 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: ISSA 21
Stats ranking updated. Changes here:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/community/tournaments/view/3858/stats

Also all games recorded can be found here:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=25746.0

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds