Gran Turismo 5

More
13 years 4 months ago #93929 by Rock and Roll
Gran Turismo 5 was created by Rock and Roll
Sorry, not SWOS but I love the Gran Turismo series, and I m loving this game (even though I haven t had a lot of time to play so far).

The game is awesome, a few glitches here and there but the game looks great and plays even better (in my opinion that is :)).
My F1 2010 career has been put on hold for the time being.

I m trying to get all gold trophies (as I did in GT4), but I m finding the going tough :).

Anyone out there playing this, or planning on getting it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93977 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Gran Turismo 5
Rock, get on facebook, at the following URL there s a silly flash game ( Shot in the Dark ) that will give you a redeem code for a Jaguar XJ13 Chromeline:

apps.facebook.com/takeittothetrack/

walkthrough: www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135391

I made a FB account just for this lol

EDIT: this is how the car looks like

File Attachment:

8)

More
13 years 4 months ago #93978 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: Gran Turismo 5
Thanks mate!

Got the code(s). I ll download later :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #94213 by Rock and Roll
It works :).

All the B, A, IC and IB Licence s are gold.
Seems easier to gold them than compared to GT4.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #94550 by Retrieving
My PS3 broke a week or so ago (YLOD : ( ...and to add insult to injury the 2 years warranty had just expired lol), gonna get a replacement on Saturday and I already have a copy of GT5 (I ll be be stuck with a controller til Xmas eve tho!)...got any spare cheap-ass car to gift me, Rock? ;D

Also, check this out man: www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/signin/

More
13 years 4 months ago #94551 by Rock and Roll
No :P.

Just do what I did (and just finished :)), head off to the Licence Centre and get all golds (I just got the 60th and last).
They re a great way of learning the driving physics, and you gain 3 cars each full licence (10 tests) you fully gold (one for all bronze, for all silvers and all golds).
I don t know if you re familiar with GT4, but the Licence tests in GT5 are way easier to gold.
The only one I spent more than 45 minutes on was IC-10 (and that one is a real pain).

Oh, and check the Special Events out, there are a few easy races to start off with, and they give you a lot of XP and cash :).

More
13 years 4 months ago #94552 by Retrieving

No :P.

Just do what I did (and just finished :)), head off to the Licence Centre and get all golds (I just got the 60th and last).
They re a great way of learning the driving physics, and you gain 3 cars each full licence (10 tests) you fully gold (one for all bronze, for all silvers and all golds).
I don t know if you re familiar with GT4, but the Licence tests in GT5 are way easier to gold.
The only one I spent more than 45 minutes on was IC-10 (and that one is a real pain).

Oh, and check the Special Events out, there are a few easy races to start off with, and they give you a lot of XP and cash :).

Hold on, you ve already gold ed all of the licenses? :o :o :o :o

Which wheel were you using btw?

More
13 years 4 months ago #94582 by Rock and Roll
I don t use a wheel, just the trusty DS3.

If you put in the work, you can get all gold too. I m a slow racer and I made it.
Just a bit of perserverance.

Oh, and Manual Transmission helps too :).

More
13 years 4 months ago #94786 by Retrieving

I don t use a wheel, just the trusty DS3.

You re a beast lol, I ve only gotten 1 gold and several silvers so far (I m at the IC license or something). :o

Btw Rock, did you know that you can exploit the birthday gifts tickets thing to get plenty of free cars? The A-Spec grinding is honestly terrible (20 million credits for a car? 100k exp between levels? These guys are insane) and B-Spec isn t fun (wtf @ watching the CPU racing lol) so I have resorted to this since I only really care about Time Trial and Online racing anyway, got a R8, a JGTC, a Ferrari P330 and a Nascar so far. :D

the procedure looks like this:

1. Make a new Hong Kong master account (you ll need a valid e-mail address and a street address that resembles one from Hong Kong);
2. set the master account birthdate to the year of the car you d like to get (like, 1968 if you wanted a Mark IV, 1970 if you d like a Toyota 7, etc.) and the month/day to the current day and month;
3. Get on the game with the newly created account
4. Go to GT Life and bam, you ll be gifted a car
5. if you don t like it just exit the game and delete the gamesave from the XMB menu, then log on the game again and check the gifted car (you can keep doing this indefinitely til you get your desired car)
6. once you have received the car send a friend message to your main account, get on it and accept the request
7. get back on the HK account and gift the car to your main account

the HK account is now useless seeing as you can only gift 1 car per day anyway, however there s a workaround for this as well

1b. make a new sub Hong Kong account, the birthdate has got to be between 1993 and 2010
2b. It ll ask you for the e-mail and password of an existing account of someone who s 18 yr old or older, use the info of your Hong Kong master account
3b. now get on the PC, the game will send you an e-mail to the HK master account address, check it, copy the code, follow the link, paste the code
4b. follow the instructions (can use random names and fake e-mail addresses for the sub accounts) and validate the account, be careful not to submit any chat restriction for the sub account though or else you won t be able to get online with it
5b. get back on the PS3 and sign up to the PSN as an existing account with the info of the newly created sub account
6b. follow steps 3~7

It really ain t as complicated as it sounds and it s certainly less time-consuming than grinding the same race over and over to get to 20 millions+ lol.

Best year for gifts are 1944 (only 1 car from that year and you can sell it back for 75~k credits), 1967 (Ferrari 330P3, Ford Mark IV, etc., 20 millions cars), 1970 (Toyota 7, Chaparral 2J), 1995 (Castrol Tom s Supra), 1992 (F40, can sell it back for 140k credits).

More
13 years 4 months ago #94826 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: Gran Turismo 5
Sounds like cheating ;)

The fun in GT is to get the cars for your performance. I have to try the fifth part asap

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds