Euro 2012

More
11 years 10 months ago #111993 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: Euro 2012
One good game yesterday, Portugal - Denmark. Two teams who wanted to win, well played Portugal.

The other game was poor because Holland were, well, rubbish. The Germans played well (Schweinsteiger was excellent) and hardly needed to break a sweat. Gomez must be one of the best strikers in the world at the moment.
Germany deserve to top this group, and Holland deserve to go home :).

Today...well I have Spain beating Ireland 2-0. I always enjoy watching the Irish, but their passion isn t enough to combat the Spanish i.m.o.. Italy - Croatia I m going for 1-1. I think it ll be a tight game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #111998 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Euro 2012
Well Germany played ok. In 1st half Germany had only 3 shoots on goal. 2 of them was in. In second half Germany had the chance to make the 3rd goal but don t sore. After that the Netherlands score out of nothing. After that it Germany get more in danger but Holland was not that concentrated. All in all I think it was a very equal game with more luck on Germanys site, as they 4 times pass the deffenders of holland. Very good defence of germany this game I think. But in this form Germany is no real contender for the title.

More
11 years 10 months ago #112023 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Euro 2012
I m really interested in watching the last game vs. Denmark.

Strange: Germany has to loose 0-1 and Portugal has to win 1-0 and the Germans are out, though winning 2 games...

OTOH: If Germany wins 1-0 and the Netherlands win 2-0 they still make it to quarterfinal.

Check it on the Kicker Euro Calculator: www.kicker.de/news/fussball/em/startseit...tabellenrechner.html

More
11 years 10 months ago #112030 by Rock and Roll
Sweden - England 1-1, France - Ukraine 1-1...nuff said :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #112034 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Euro 2012

Sweden - England 1-1, France - Ukraine 1-1...nuff said :)

^^ not quite... :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #112035 by Rock and Roll
Sometimes my predictions fail miserably Playa :).

Last matches will be interesting in the group. The Ukraine look as dangerous as the weather at times :), but France played a lot better than against England. The French are probably through. England - Sweden was a nail biter :). The 1-0 was a beauty, at half time it seemed like the English were winning pretty easy. Then they cracked, the Swedes looked strong...1-1, 1-2 and I thought they d get a third. 2-2 was probably a keeping error (lucky!), and then a skillfull touch for the 3-2 (England and skill..that doesn t sound right :D). England probably deserved to win but it was by the skin of their teeth. And Ibrahimovic was way stronger than the English...imaging playing a team of 11 Zlatan s...

Group A, decision day.
I ll take the Russians over the Greeks, 3-1. I haven t been impressed by the Greek defending bar a spell vs Poland. I can t see the Russians losing this one.
I think Poland will at least draw with the Czechs. Poland have looked strong in spells, and it d be great for our website if they go through (pity there aren t the amount of active Czech members as there were way back before I joined). I hope the home advantage will give the Poles the edge...2-1 for Poland.

Good luck this evening!

More
11 years 10 months ago #112039 by Rock and Roll
From Dutch TV yesterday....

Poor Ukranian presenter tries to report on the Dutch crowd....and fails miserably :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #112052 by Rock and Roll
And today s weather forecast.

There will be goals in the German region, less so for our Danish friends. Maybe 3-0 for Germany.

There will be a steady shower of yellow and red cards (6-3 for Holland) in the other game.
The Portuguese breeze will mean they will score 3 goals, while the Dutch will only have 1 major thunderstorm sending them packing (3-1 Portugal).

More
11 years 10 months ago #112056 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Euro 2012
Bender!!! ;D
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #112057 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Euro 2012
Denmark scored a swos style double standing header... :) Anybody noticed?

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds