Euro 2012

More
11 years 10 months ago #112059 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: Euro 2012
You re right Playa :).

Germany look strong i.m.o.. I still think they ll win it all...maybe Spain ll show us some style to state their case.
I think Spain ll beat Croatia 2-1..and Italy ll beat Ireland 1-0 (Ireland never suit the Italians).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #112063 by FairyKing
Replied by FairyKing on topic Re: Euro 2012
Germany is the best team so far. Spain is always dangerous, but too lazy and in love with the ball...

Though it didn t show much attacking skills, I think only Italy and Spain may beat the Germans...

Let s see!

More
11 years 10 months ago #112076 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Euro 2012
First of all they have to break down the Greek fortress.
Not be suprised if the Greek will park their Teambus right before the goal. ;D

More
11 years 10 months ago #112078 by Rock and Roll
LOL :D.

Judgement Day for Group D. I have the French beating the disappointing Swedes 3-1.
England - Ukraine...well I m biased, but this is a hard one to call.
I m going for 1-1, and if England don t go out today, they will in the QF :).

More
11 years 10 months ago #112081 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Euro 2012
Germany kicks out denmark, expected but still dissapointed. ;) A sure semi finalist. my bet is germany, portugal, spain and italy/france in the top4.

i dont believe much in england, despite having some good players, they always choke ^^

More
11 years 10 months ago #112101 by Rock and Roll
They didn t choke yesterday djowger :).

Didn t expect France to get beaten, but glad to see the Swedes show some passion. Brilliant Ibrahimovic goal by the way. Pity he s out so early because he s been one of my favourite players so far. Let s hope France get their act back together for the next game.

Camera time Mr. Blatter / Mr. Platini? C mon! We don t need those extra officials, we just need a few seconds to review the action. It should have been 1-1, though luckily both score lines meant the exact same final group standings. Then again, the exact same thing applies as in the Germany game in 2010. What if the goal had been given? The English had the momentum then, Ukraine had the momentum now. FIFA and UEFA have to step out of the 1920s and use this modern thing called television.....

Somebody should give that Blokhin bloke a hanky because I ve never seen a worse loser in my life.
Before the game: There will be big problems for them but it s not the same for us. The England team will be more nervous. We have nothing to lose. They are one of the favourites and are expected to play in the final.
Uhh, not exactly....
Then after the match he complained about Carroll and Terry (didn t say a word about that Shevchenko challenge though.... ), say the English scored a lucky goal (didn t say a word about Rooney s pathetic miss), and so on and so on. I ve said it once and I ll say it again, England don t have the best players, don t play pretty football, but they are hard to beat and look better than they usually do (though nowhere near good enough to even reach the final i.m.o.). England also have a bit of luck on their side, and you always need luck in these championships. I wasn t impressed by the Ukrainians skills, though their passion and effort levels were excellent. Then again, if they hadn t had the home advantage, I think they d have gone home à la Holland.....0 points.

Last bit on Mr. Blokhin courtesy of the BBC website:

Blokhin took his anger out on one reporter in the post-match press conference by challenging him to go outside and have a man conversation .

You should respect that I played football. Did you play football? snapped the former USSR international. Respect my job and me. I won t allow anyone to criticise my team, about [Oleh] Gusev or [Andriy] Shevchenko. If you re a man, go with me. One on one.

Anger management anyone? :)

Group thoughts...

Group A surprised me, I really thought Russia would go through, and I thought Poland would too. I guess Russia miscalculated in their last match, and Poland just couldn t do it when it mattered most. The Czech Republic imploded against the Russians, but looked good in their other matches. The Greeks looked one of the weakest teams but gave it their all and deserved to go through.

Group B was a tale of faltering egos (Holland...their are plenty of good jokes on the internet concerning their exit...most of them in German :D), and dominance (Germany). Portugal were a bit unlucky they didn t get a point vs the Germans, maybe a bit lucky they got all three points against the Danes, but deserved qualifiers. Denmark impressed me and they might have deserved more than they got in their two losses.

Group C almost saw the shock of the championships but another bad decision helped to end the Croatian challenge. Spain still looked good enough to win the group and I think they ll improve. Italy looked stronger than most people thought and they look tough to beat. Croatia looked strong and can feel hard done by. I always enjoy watchin Ireland in tournaments, though they lack skill, they show real spirit. Pity they went home without a point, but they really were out of their depth here.

Group D had a few surprises. England topping the group was my shock of the round. France weren t as strong as a lot of people first thought. Sweden disappointed me, though they showed their true promise in the final game. Ukraine showed spirit, but I don t feel they were good enough to go through.

Quarter Final predictions

Czech Republic - Portugal 1-2
(This ll be a hard game (yellow card fest?), but I feel the Czech defence isn t good enough to withstand the Portuguese attack)

Germany - Greece 2-0
(Germany are still my favourites, and I think they have the game to stop the Greeks)

Spain - France 2-1
(This could be a great game which could go both ways. I think the Spanish B-game is better than the French B-game, which will edge this match)

England - Italy 1-1 (Italy win on penalties)
(Italy have a game which should cancel out the English strengths. This could be another card fest. I see England hanging on by the skin of their teeth, riding their luck time and time again. Eventually their luck ll run out. Buffon ll save 3 penalties, including a double save from Rooney...stopping the ball with his left hand and Rooney s wig with his right :)).

More
11 years 10 months ago #112109 by FairyKing
Replied by FairyKing on topic My say on the Euro so far
Group A
Russia found itself in a theorical easy group. They re one of the strongest team. Many players showed skill, speed and tactical cleverness. Anyway, the 1st match vs the Czech team made them grow pretentios. They played poorly vs Poland - not a very strong opponent, and vs the Greeks they always seemed like if they were cats playing with mouses... It s not a matter of back luck: they had to win easily and after Greece s occasional score, they had ONE ENTIRE HALF to win the game. They deserved to go out, in shame!!!
Poland had nothing to lose. Yes, they played at home, but come on, team skill were too poor to hope for more. Despite this, they had real chances to go on. All in all, nice tournament for them.
Czech Republic showed heart, which is maybe the only thing they have to offer. No Nedved this time. No celebrate champions to get the opponents scared. A decent team which honestly couldn t do much more than this.
Greece played poorly, but showed the usual temper. Very poor playing, low-profile players. If they get a goal, they get 11 players in their half to defend the result. Once again, they couldn t dream much more.

Group B
Germany didn t disappoint us. The though team we expected to see showed us how games can be won with almost no risk at all. This group was the toughest one, but they won it all. Simply the best team so far.
Holland never played as a team. It was all up to its champions - i.e.: Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder - but they were all in a very poor shape. Much passing, no shots on goal. With Denmark they deserved at least to draw, but considering the skill balance, we all expected them to win easily. The worse team, this time.
Portugal players love the ball, like Spanish do. And they lack a proper offensive play, as usual. They really risked to go out this time and they never impressed. Luckily enough, the oranje showed to be no threat but even the brave (but not-so-strong) Danish could knock them out.
Denmark won quite fortuitously vs Holland: 1 shot, 1 goal, then the Dutch didn t menage to score, but they d deserve it. The Danish team did what they could vs Portugal and Germany, both teams being much stronger. Well done, anyway.

Group C
Spain and Italy had some problems on scoring. The Iberians showed the best ball control you can get, but risked too much vs Croatia (which deserved at least to draw). Not a concrete team, they menaged to go on, but I think they need something more to reach the final.
Italy had nothing to lose. An (almost) totally new team, with some players who never played an international game. Nice ball control, not the traditional defensive play. They need to serve their attackers better. If they ll menage to do so, they are able to go far, also because they re one of the hardest team to beat. Italy s got used to suffer like no-one else.
Croatians played very well vs Spain and they lost. They played decently vs Italy and they menaged to draw, with the only *real* chance they had. All in all, a good tournament.
EIRE is a very physical team. They could only confide in the speed of their players. Not much skill to show, and this group was very hard tor them. I have to mention the Irish supporters: vs Italy, EIRE was already knocked out, but they used to sing along, supporting the team throughout the match. They d deserve a strongest team, for sure.

Group D
France showed some good skill, but lacks of experience and concreteness. England has some good players, but they play like if it s 1975: long ball, wings running and crossing, hoping for an attacker to score. Very poor, but again, quite lucky.
Sweden is a poor team and Ibrahimovic is not enough if he plays for himself.
All in all, a low-profiled group, with only one team to have something to offer in terms of heart and will. Ukraine deserved something more vs the English, but - hey - skills matter. Pity they don t have much to offer.

Quarter Final predictions

Czech Republic - Portugal 2-1
Should be an hypotetical easy one for the Lusitanos, but I m gonna say Czechs. They have nothing to lose and they ll do it all, knowing that stopping Ronaldo could be 50% of the job they need to go on. Portugal has a serious problem on scoring.

Germany - Greece 4-0
This is too easy. Greece s soul and heart won t be enough.

Spain - France 1-0
First half will end 0-0, with Spain trying to score and France playing with counter-attacks. Spain will menage to do it, maybe on the Extra Time.

England - Italy 0-2
Two teams who usually show temper (and sometimes luck) more than skill. This time we have England playing a poor and predictable football, hoping for their stars to shine out of the blue. Italy has a very good defence and I guess they ll play 4-4-2. If Cassano and Balotelli (a very well-known guy, in England) menage to have some chances to score, I guess Italy will win in the end.

More
11 years 10 months ago #112218 by Rock and Roll
Got all the winners right...and even predicted the penalty shoot-out :).

All pretty straightforward really. Portugal had too much for the Czechs, the Greeks never really had a chance against the clinical Czechs, France pressed the self-destruct button against Sweden...and it showed against the classy Spaniards, the English let the Italians come...didn t concede but deservedly got knocked out on penalties.

Should be a great final four...I only missed Portugal in our poule at work (I had the Dutch.....stupid me). We should see two great games as these really are the best four teams in the Championships.

More
11 years 10 months ago #112223 by FairyKing
Replied by FairyKing on topic Re: Euro 2012
No surprise. Italy depends on Pirlo, Portugal on Ronaldo. Spain is another team with some problem on scoring. Germany is tough.

Germans will try to (finally) beat Italy (1970, 1982, 2006...), but Italy reached his minimum goal: the semi-finals so has less to lose, this time and we re quite confident cos we know em very well and we know how to suffer till the end.

Spanish players know Ronaldo well. Portugal didn t impress me. They only try to give Cristiano the ball, hoping for a magic. Spain will stop Ronaldo and Portugal will disappear all in a sudden.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #112340 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Euro 2012
Allow me a minute to give you my insightful and in-depth analysis of the match:

BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI
BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI BALOTROLLI

STATUS RECAP:

1970: TOLD
1982: TOLDER
2006: TOLDEST
2012: WELCOME TO UNITED TOLD OF EUROPE: HOME OF THE TOLD, LAND OF THE TOLD

GERMANS CONFIRMED FOR BEST CHOKERS OF THE LAST DECADE BTW, GG GUYS ;D

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds