Online manager game with SWOS game engine! Wouldn't that be cool?

• 2kemon
  • 2kemon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #81877 by 2kemon
Hi guys
This is my first post here, and I thought it was the most suitable forum to post it in.

Does anyone know managerzone.com? It s a really nice online manager game, but its simulation engine leaves a lot to be desired.
Now I no programmer, but I m thinking, that since SWOS is only a few megabytes in size, the game engine is suitable to be loaded in a browser?
So if one could create a feasible skill development system, based on the SWOS skills , I think there is potential to develop an online manager game,
that would be able to compete with the very best online manager games today.

The rest of the project leans heavily on creating a good fluid interface, and that on the other hand is something i do have some experience with.

I honestly think this is a good idea, if it s legal and and possible to gather a good team of dedicated people (some of these obviously need programming skills)

As of now, this is just an idea, but maybe in the future it could be much more than that.

Post here or write to me if you have good ideas or are interested in the project.

Kind regards
2kemon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zandra
  • Zandra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #126715 by Zandra
Also, talk about bold statements: show me proof that your netcode can handle multiplayer over intercontinental distances the way Supercade and GGPO did (I m talking about no frame reroll and overall delay 3 frames with 300+ ms of latency) and then we ll talk. 8)

Forgive the cynicism however, as of now, this just reeks of vapourware, sensationalistic PR-style baseless claims and quick cashgrab, much like most electronic entertainment-related kickstarters out there. We might be well in our 30 s but we aren t quite doddering yet bro. ;)
« Last Edit: 25 September 2013, 13:54:23 by Retrieving | Searain »

9 years 5 months ago #126716 by ElMichaJ
it is possible to manipulate the swos amiga kaillera version in that way, that i am able to code a complete web manager around it.

so webinterface and playing is possible without a real new setup.

we are working on this software

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds