Re: Amiga SWOS 96/97 on the XBOX

More
15 years 1 month ago #61006 by Powerade
Hi there :)

first of all i would like to thank u for teaching me in swos emulation on the xbox ;D It is great!

I tried out both versions, the amiga swos with winuaex emulator and the pc swos with dosxbox emulator.
The amiga version runs perfectly. Except the problem that nobody knows why it is impossible to play a carreer. That is why i tried out the PC swos version, too. It actually works, except the music and play sounds and that i cant use my joypads. The only way to step through the menu is by taking the virtual keyboard. I have to move with up, down, left, right and confirm with ctrl. If I press ctrl for one time it seems to be auto fire on it. It doesnt switch only to the next menu but it switches and switches and switsches through the menus. First when i press ctrl a second time it stops. ???

I would be very glad if sombody here can help me out to get my swos running perfectly with joypads.

Here are some infos:
PC SWOS 96/97 (there is no sws.exe but german.exe and it starts with it)
DosXbox v13
xbox modded with evox (dont know the chip anymore)

Please help me. I would really like to play my swos on my xbox in a carreer mode ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #82263 by toat
Still no way to play carreer mod on xbox(amiga version) ??

• predator002
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #83376 by predator002
Replied by predator002 on topic Re: Amiga SWOS 96/97 on the XBOX
Erm I ve only just found this website but I thought it was common knowledge that SWOS 96-97 career mode works on the WINUAEX.

I ve been playing SWOS career mode on the good old XBOX for years lol It s funny I came on this site to see if there was an update for SWOS and was wanting to give an update a try lol

I ve got my savestate set so I don t have to faff around with the settings anymore so I can start career modes without trouble but from memory, all ya gotta do is: -

Start SWOS 96-97 in amiga 1200 AGA mode and diskswap like you normally do until the main menu appears. Savestate 1 and come out of the game. Press X on the disk name again to see the amiga settings and change it to amiga 500+. The savestate will still work and appear with the Amiga 1200 look. Try Career mode with an English team for Example. It should work.

• predator002
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 weeks ago #83379 by predator002
Yup just to confirm that the method I posted is the correct method as i remembered lol. I downloaded the 08-09.HDF. Oh my god its an awesome update. Especially with the yellow ball and graphics/sound updates. The guys who made the update deserve every praise they receive.

On season 2 with Man City, going well :) although it s weird not knowing who are the good players in the game lol

More
14 years 1 week ago #83733 by toat
where do I change to 500+ ??

More
14 years 1 week ago #83735 by toat
working;) fantastic you changede my life;)

• predator002
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #83799 by predator002
No worries matey :)

Once ya get it changed to 500+ ya might want to customise the settings like changing the CPU speed to max instead of real so that it runs without slowdown but once ya get the settings tinkered, the game runs pretty much without problem. It s great aint it ;D

More
13 years 10 months ago #86222 by captaincofresi
Nice, finally got the Amiga version running on the XBOX. Seems the PC version needs more tweaking, maybe check that later. For now, 2 controllers multiplayer, love it! Maybe I can even add the WC2010 data into this version :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #86239 by captaincofresi
is is GREAT, is works! Still tweaking it to my wishes now. At least it runst fast and smooth. Maybe I can use these settings to get SWOS++ to run in dosXbox. Alhough I still haven t found a proper download for SWOS++, now trying to ripp it from the latest Total Package download for the PC.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #86250 by captaincofresi
And yes this works perfectly, Amiga SWOS 96/97 on Xbox. Yes, also the CAREER mode. Just takes some time to load, but I haven t seen any problems with this!

Although I also tried to work out howto get PC SWOS 96/97 running on Xbox in dosXbox. Doesn t work, I ll just use the Total Package on PC then. And maybe if it is fun enough add some USB controllers to have a mulitplayer offline option.

Kind regards,
Nico

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds