Sensible Soccer Street - a suggestion - what are the pros / cons?

More
4 years 2 months ago #142949 by captaincofresi
Since I really do like the new SWOS 2020, I started to wonder if a Sensible Soccer Street would be an interesting project to do in the longterm. I am just a bit in doubt if a smaller pitch would then work, since it is already such a fast paced game now. What I think would be interesting, is a Sensi game where there are no tackles and no injuries. And bouncing the ball of walls. Maybe even no diving headers, since that probably won't happen on an asphalt or brick surface. Also what kind of different surfaces would it then have? And how would the new ball physics be on asphalt for instance?

Just look at this like an idea for a longterm project, since at the moment I think SWOS 2020 is really enjoyable and will take a lot of work for the community members to keep it up to date and running good. Also with all of the new users coming in now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #143133 by bosy
I think it would be cool. Headers needed but with no dive. Smaller pitch but less players and less time. Asphalt, concrete, brick, grass, land + water. Wind and rain lol. But you need smaller goals too. One of the possibilities is playing on the floor or on an artifical grass. National teams + sensi league would be enough for a start. But I don't think anyone do that. It took 5 years to make 2020 version which is slightly bugged and oldschool anyway.

The ball is round and the goals are two - Casimir Montane

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #143135 by captaincofresi
Thanks, well it sure is an incredible effort for the SWOS 2020 version. Didn't know it took 5 years, really well done! And do enjoy the game very much, already played 7 seasons in the Premier League. So well it was just a thought, doesn't mean it will be a feasable idea. Maybe better if Sociable Soccer would pick this idea up ;-) and also Super Arcade Football also kinda does the indoors thing and 5 on 5 on Early Access on Steam.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #143144 by bosy
Well I don't know if it took certainly 5 years but the last big update was 16/17 I guess. So it's more like three years but I added some time they were probably spending after 2006 update. Anyway street soccer is a good idea. If you were doing it you should do it simple. Like the Moon Soccer demo. It's a lot of work I think. Are you able to do that?

Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by bosy.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #143148 by captaincofresi
bosy wrote:

Well I don't know if it took certainly 5 years but the last big update was 16/17 i Guess. So it's more like three years but I added some time they were probably spending after 2006 update. Anyway street socer is a good idea. If you were doing it you should do it simple. Like the Moon Soccer demo. It's a lot of work I think. Are you able to do that?

Well no, I don't know how to do that. For me it's more of an idea I wanted to put out here for the people who can already code / program. My skills are limited to reading code from existing mods and copy / pasting it to make it my own. E.g. I created the Chuck vs the Tangos (non lethal weapons) Mod in the game Doorkickers on Steam.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by captaincofresi.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #143158 by bosy
I understand. I think it's a nice idea especially for online playing.

More
1 year 10 months ago #145971 by Pablo Gonzalez
If you want to "test" how can it work, you can try the game Five-A-Side-Soccer from croteam in Amiga. It is a sensi-like but five vs five in different types of fields (street,parquet,etc). I hope this can give you a try about how sensi 5vs5 could work.
Let me know if this it is useful for you!!

regards,

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds