Is it possible to update team data in SWOS 96/97 on GOG/Linux?

More
9 months 22 hours ago - 9 months 22 hours ago #146664 by thekelvingreen
Hullo all, I'm an old Sensi fan from the Amiga days and I decided to give SWOS9697 a go on GOG, and great fun it is too. I am of course still terrible at it.

I was wondering if it was possible to update the team data? I see that there are regular data updates available from the excellent Sensi community, but they seem to be aimed at Amiga and Windows. Has anyone got them working with the Linux version from GOG, or is there another way to update that version?
Last edit: 9 months 22 hours ago by thekelvingreen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 hours ago #146665 by thd79
SWOS2020 is a Windows app, but several users here run it on Linux. Have you given that a go?

More
8 months 1 week ago #146688 by thekelvingreen
Thanks, I have managed to get the SWOS2020 installer running under Wine, but it is unable to find the original game installation. So, some progress at least, but not quite there.

More
8 months 1 week ago #146689 by Playaveli

Thanks, I have managed to get the SWOS2020 installer running under Wine, but it is unable to find the original game installation. So, some progress at least, but not quite there.

Just point to it manually, instead of automatic. Must be the game folder where file pitch1.dat is in!

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds