Re: Sensible Days 2011

More
12 years 8 months ago #104730 by Marin Parushev
Now that I m back in Sofia I can tell my story about sensi days.

Day 1 - Wednesday
I wake up early and go to meet with Sokol and Dido. We load some of the SWOS equipment in my car and they depart while I head to the Sofia bus station. At half past 9 I meet with MCT there and we go on some sightseeing in the centre of Sofia. We have some time to kill until the early afternoon when Nikola will join us and we will depart to Varna. Unfortunately we have to wait a little bit longer but in the end around 4:15 PM we are good to go. The trip - not so long in my eyes as I have already travelled several times to Germany by car and not so short probably for MCT who travelled all night to get to Sofia. We successfully arrive in the hotel around 10:30. MCT is too tired but me and Nikola go to a club at the beach to join some of the Bulgarian and Polish players.

Day 2 - Thursday
A good day to spend some time at the pool and relax from the yesterday s trip. In the evening the guys prepare to go to a pub and watch their favourite team Levski play in the UEFA cup against Spartak (Trnava). I join them at the beginning but before the half time I leave to meet with a friend of mine who lives in Varna. I can only imagine who much they shouted and cheered since Levski won in the last minute.
Late in the night the German SWOS team arrives at airport Varna. A short pause for a cigarette and we drive to the hotel.

Day 3 - Last preparations
The rest of the Serbian crew arrives early in the morning. I go to meet them for five minutes and after that I go immediately back to bed. Later that morning my supporters arrive at Varna airport (not a big crowd :( just 2 of them). We go to the centre of Varna to have some lunch and later go to the Kabakum beach near Golden Sands. Meanwhile Sokol and the others have already setup the PC systems on which the tournament will be played. In the evening we play some practice games and prepare the prizes for tomorrow.

Day 4 - PC SWOS + XBox SWOS
We decide to play 3 groups of 8 instead of 4 groups of 6 so that everyone can play more games. While playing the national anthems of the participating countries the last players join us - the Hungarian crew is here! Hurray!
During the group stage I manage to play some good SWOS and score a lot of goals. On XBox however I get immediately knocked out by the future finalist - AndYpsilon. In the meantime I prepare the grid for the knock out games. Unfortunately I make some mistakes and later the grid would seem unfair for some of the players. The knock outs have just started but we already have the first Sensi Days 2011 winner. It s Coolio_Jack who won the online tournament. Congratulations Coolio and a BIG THANK YOU to Pallister who administered the online event.
A little later it s time for my first knock out games against Vladetto (Sokol s brother). He sits next to me saying that this is his limit and he will probably lose to me. On the pitch however things seem quite different. Vladetto plays great and the first game ends 1-1 after he lead 1-0. In the second game I get myself together and 3 quick goals before the 25-th minute give me a comfortable advantage. In this moment I think this game will probably end 10-0 . But Vladetto is back 3-2 with more than 20 minutes to go. In the end I win 4-3 and sigh with relief.
Soon we already have a second champion - MCT wins the XBox SWOS tournament - his first Sensi Days trophy!
It is time for the quarter-finals and I have to play with Dennis. The first game starts great for him - 1-0 and after that 2-1. In the second half I manage to score two goals and win 3-2. In the second game the goalkeepers save us both from conceding more goals. Although I am already at the semi-finals I don t think I managed to convince anyone that I was the better player. In the next round my opponent is ElMichaJ - member number 1. Against him I play my best games in the whole tournament. First game 1-0 second game 2-0, handshake and he says I can t get to the final without scoring goals . He still is able to win the 3-rd place final vs. AndYpsilon in a three-games thriller while I prepare to play with Blazej. Again a bad start for me - Blazej scores. But this time the end is bad too - he leads 3-1 after the first game. In the second I try to come back but the best I get to is 5-4 aggregate score for him after which he scores another goal. He had the whole game under control. Congratulations to the new PC SWOS champion.

Day 5 - Amiga SWOS + SEGA SWOS
The Amiga SWOS tournament goes more slowly than the PC SWOS. The reason - probably the players are too distracted by the facilities around them - swimming pool, chaise-longues and beer. The groups of 9 don t help either. In the afternoon we start with the SEGA SWOS tournament and I get to the second round but again the future finalist (this time it s MCT) eliminates me. To save some of my SWOS dignity I will not mention the results here but what I think is important to point out - I scored a goal in the second game. The groups end late and I finish third on Amiga. I don t manage to show my full potential but I hope that in the KO stage I will play better as in the previous years. That doesn t happen. Unexpectedly for me I am eliminated by Paider after 1-1 and 2-1. In the other knock out games a new SWOS star is born. Hawkz eliminates MCT, AndYpsilon and BobbieBobras in a row. On the other side of the grid lobo wins against Paider and Schulle. In the final game the sensation happens. Hawkz comes back from 1-4 to 6-4 to win the Amiga SWOS trophy. Before that ElMichaJ has won the SEGA SWOS tournament in a final against MCT.

Day 6 - Sensi Days is over
I feel extremely tired and sleep until very late. In the afternoon we load again the trunks of our cars with SWOS equipment and it s time to say goodbye to the other Bulgarian players who are still in Varna. In the evening I go with the Polish players to celebrate Blazej s birthday.

Day 7 - Bourgas Golden Sands
I wake up very early and drive with Blazej and the Hungarian players to Burgas. There they have to catch flights to Warsaw and Budapest. We leave Blazej at the airport as his flight is early and go to Bourgas. The Hungarians will go on a walk in the city as their flight departs in the afternoon. Then I go back to the hotel and sleep good for at least 3 hours. ElMichaJ wakes me up saying that the German team together with lobo and Tomek will go to Golden Sands. I m up and ready in 20 minutes.
At Golden Sands we have a couple of beers but it s hard for me to teach the others the Bulgarian name of the resort - Zlatni Pyasatsi. Lobo and Tomek leave after dinner because they have an early flight tomorrow while we go to some clubs and diskos later.

Day 8 - Time to say goodbye
It s a nice morning at the pool. One by one all the Germans join. In the afternoon me, Schulle and his girlfriend have to leave. It s now time to think about the location of the next year s tournament.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #104741 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Rankings updated for xbox, PC and Amiga

penalties will follow

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
12 years 8 months ago #104743 by Blazej_Bdg
Replied by Blazej_Bdg on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
First of all - Big thanks to all bulgarian players, who organised this world cup. Great job mates!!!
7 days in Varna = 7 best days in my life :) Marin, very good location for tournament and i hope that next sensi days will take place like this one (maybe portugal, maybe italy)

PC:

I don t believe what i ve done :D

Amiga:

Second round of group stage looks like i m going to be double champion. But only in group stage... In qf Schulle was very concentrated and effective, he was just better than me!
Hawkz, congratulations. Your defence in semi-final and final was amazing! Well done mate.

Also congratz to MCT

Thanks to all participants, see you in Hamburg :)

Waiting for more pics and movies.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #104749 by Sokol
Replied by Sokol on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
There are some pictures... :)

88.203.202.50/download/temp/SWOS2011/SWOS2011.zip

and one video - the match between Paider and me

88.203.202.50/download/temp/SWOS2011/Paider_Sokol.avi

12 years 8 months ago #104756 by ElMichaJ
just to get some feeling :D

Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #104758 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
The green sign (hidden by the wonderful resopal desk) says: Caution: Do not drink and swim!
8)

More
12 years 8 months ago #104771 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011

just to get some feeling :D

This was the feeling :D

More
12 years 8 months ago #104773 by Paider
Replied by Paider on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
Also from me my big thanks to the bulgarian hosts.

It was a really great World Cup.
Nice Hotel, super weather, refreshing Pool and cheap Beer :)

It s a pity that only 24 players joined the Sensi Days this year because all was very, very good.

Again Congratulations to the winner.

12 years 8 months ago #104793 by ElMichaJ
is it possible for some to make such a picture like from 2010 as you can see on the news main site ...

i would like to change this ^^

just send me a photo / image like that ... i will do the rest ..

More
12 years 8 months ago #104796 by Micko_BGD
Replied by Micko_BGD on topic Re: Sensible Days 2011
As all the others, I can say that tournament is organized fantastic. Location for the tournament was perfect! Our hosts, all the bulgarian players prepared everything in details! also we had a great time there and the proof for that is that we didn t sleep more than 4 hours a day :)

Because of this fantastic tournament, yossarian and me, decided to make one very soon in Belgrade and call all the bulgarian players. Of course all the others will be invited if you have any chance to come to Belgrade at the end of September!

As I played only PC tournament I want to to congratulate especially to Blazej, El Micha, Dennis and Lobo on their play. After this tournament and what I saw I can t decide which one is the best PC SWOS player in the World, Blazej or our player Mlata who retired but won the most serbian torunaments with Aston Villa and default tactics only. Also congratulations to El Micha and Dennis on their beautiful play. They just don t play to score but play for fans! :) Same thing is for Lobo and I am amazed with his tactical play.

So, I hope I will see many of you again in Belgrade very soon! :)

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds