Sensible Days 2013

More
11 years 6 months ago #114719 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013
I vote for Randers then Its gonna be EASY for me LOL 8)

Though, I could see some transportation problems. Its not that easy to get to Randers by flight. You have either to fly to Aalborg (80km from Randers), Tirstrup (51km but guess you have to go through Aarhus) and Billund (151km from Randers).

Equipments wouldn t be a problem.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago #114724 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013
Klaris and I are currently looking for a suitable location in Denmark, near airport/highway/trains. But we can t give a final offer yet. We are mostly looking in South Denmark and near Billund airport.

But yes we have pretty much all equipment needed, the motivation and experience. Klaris even has friend willing to do the cooking for meals (and yes he is a good chef) :) Hardest thing is to find a place for rent that meets most of the requirements for Sensi Days, without costs being too expensive. I can certainly say a big hotel with conference room is out of the question ;)

---

Germany/Poland would also be great locations. For Germany, I heard a rumour that Pallister might be interested in hosting too (but I don t know for sure). This would probably be near Hamburg, Germany.
More
11 years 6 months ago #114734 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013

But yes we have pretty much all equipment needed, the motivation and experience.

I say this is a serious bid.

Good luck in your searches! I look forward to visiting Denmark :)
More
11 years 6 months ago #114745 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013

But yes we have pretty much all equipment needed, the motivation and experience.

I say this is a serious bid.

Good luck in your searches! I look forward to visiting Denmark :)

Co-signed!
  • W81
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #114749 by W81
Replied by W81 on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013

I also want to say, I join to play swos. Food and sleeping place comes in the second place. Ordering pizza and some sandwiches are enough. Sleeping on the floor with some sleepingbags also fine.

Well said, Ali! Thumbs up!
More
11 years 6 months ago #114751 by FIncad
Replied by FIncad on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013
If the date and location is good, i think i will join too.. In premilinary basis..

Fincad

More
11 years 6 months ago #114779 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013

I also want to say, I join to play swos. Food and sleeping place comes in the second place. Ordering pizza and some sandwiches are enough. Sleeping on the floor with some sleepingbags also fine.

Well said, Ali! Thumbs up!

Then Denmark is really not a problem! As Djowger wrote, the main problem is the expensiveness of hotels/hostels in Denmark, but if people can sleep on the floor (or something like that) I guess its not that big problem to find a place to host Sensi Days in Denmark.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114794 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013
Some words from me.

Thx to the people suggesting the Eifel as possible location for Sensi Days - nice :) I think we have a lot of PC SWOS equipment as well as the experience of hosting offline-tournaments.

However, we won t do a bid for Sensi Days 2013 for several reasons. First of all we haven t found a suitable location yet. Then we have to think about transport connections because the next airport (Köln/Bonn) is about 70 km away. Maybe, we will host Sensi Days one day but definitely not next year.

Another reason is that I like the idea of Sensi Days in Denmark a lot. We already had several World Cups in Germany and it s other countries turn now ;) Considering the Aalborg Crew and ISSA, Denmark has a huge SWOS community and it s time to play the most important SWOS tournament in this country now :) It s also the chance to make holiday in Denmark.

So Djowger, Klaris, Andib and all the others - go for it :D

P.S.

England

Would be fantastic to play Sensi Days in England one time! But maybe you can at first organize an international offline-cup next year ;)
More
11 years 6 months ago #114796 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013
I have already talked about it with several players, but will just confirm that I m willing and able to organize SensiDays with help of Polish guys (equipment issues) in Rzeszow in Poland. But I m not going to post a bid, unless it turns out there are no other options (mainly due to likely transport issues).

As for other locations I d vote for Germany, with Berlin area on the top.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114828 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Sensible Days 2013
pick the cheapest place, Denmark s way too expensive, I wouldn t advise it (also: sort of out of reach for southerners).

Germany seems like a good choice because it s relatively close (as long as it s not going to take place at the utmost northern tip of the country, ISHYGDDT) and well-connected to pretty much every other SWOS-active country and 20-30% cheaper than Denmark on average.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds