Re: SensibleDays 10 in Berlin - 16th to 19th August 2013

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #119823 by HeinAir
It was my first time on Sensi Days and I just can say that it was a great tournament! Nice people, adequate location, excitig matches and a very good organisation. I took a lot of pictures and will present a selection of the best on rapidshare soon. Thx to all, see you next year on Sensi Days in...?

greets HeinAir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #119827 by Playaveli
Took a few pictures as well. You can find them over here:
www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

A big THANKS to everyone, especially Micha and Bomb, for now. Flawless organisation, perfect atmosphere, epic matches, funny moments and Mr. Jon Hare, of course!
Report later...

PC winner ceremony, with Jon Hare:
www.twitch.tv/escher89/b/447360961

More
10 years 7 months ago #119828 by St.Vitus
Not much to add to HeinAirs and Playas comments. Food was better than expected. Of course it was 25 years since I last stayed in a youth hostel. ;D Something has changed obviously.

It was a great pleasure to see the well-known people again and of course see new faces (lol - my second sensi days and I tell someone about new faces).
Anyway: Great to meet Jon Hare in person and thrilled to play him twice in group stage. ;D

Lobo: Thx for the beer. 8)

Rosefire/Schulle:
:o

Hope to see you all again soon.

I will publish several photos made by HeinAir on Picasa later this day....

More
10 years 7 months ago #119829 by postlarval
Great Sensible Days.

:)

I am really happy that i was there. I am glad that i could talk in real life with community members. You are very nice guys. Especially Fincad (lot of fun with you), Ali (thanks for help in freekicks), Jon Hare (great as person, we talked a lot and played really close games, more than twelve friendlies), Marin (outstanding skill in swos, great attitude, we had 1/8 on old amiga sensi) and many others.

I have learned a lot how to play better, get some key advices and hints (Blazej, Sanek, Foka, Ali, JonH, Bobbie).
I hope i will reach more than i have accomplished in this competitions (1/16pc 1/8 oldSwos, 1/8 AmigaSwos). I was been eliminated by Marin and BobbieB - there is too huge skill gap between me and you.

Thanks to 16 players who had participated in Freekick and Best Penalty Ever Competition, it was very fun. Jon Hare was very good at it. I will create seperate topic how to play this :), but now there are results. Best penalty was scored by Ali, header followed by a slide tackle, great one :).

More
10 years 7 months ago #119830 by FIncad

Great Sensible Days.
I am really happy that i was there. I am glad that i could talk in real life with community members. You are very nice guys. Especially Fincad (lot of fun with you)...

Hi!
Was nice to meet too m8. We got many good laughs there. And great job with that Freekick and Best Penalty Ever Competition , seems to be a very addictive modification to swos.
Will try to locate you on fb.

Fincad

More
10 years 7 months ago #119834 by Rock and Roll
Right, time for a few words.

First of all, a BIG thanks to ElMichaJ and Bomb for all the work they put into the organization. Also a very big thanks to Micha s mom for not only letting us invade her house for the night :), but also for the breakfast, sight-seeing tour and her genuine hospitality.

Another massive thanks goes to Escher89, not only for the brilliant work he did in setting up the live stream etc, but also for putting up with us by being our roommate for the weekend.

It was great to visit Berlin, great to play, but it was an even greater thrill to see old friends and make new ones. Chatting and laughing with great people like the Eifel Crew, Andib the sensi machine, Jon Hare, Marin, Micha s girlfriend and so on and so on. We really enjoyed our time and wished it could have lasted longer.
The location was great, well organized in the true Sensible spirit, and the people were even better.

A few personal words:

- The Eifel Crew, Vitus, Schulle, HeinAir... as always; I told my wife I was really looking forward to see you guys and now my wife understands why. You put up
with my German (which is even worse than Schulle s ;) ), and even convinced Rosefire to play in the tournaments (I ll get back to that later). I ll really really do
my best to play in the Xmas Cup this year because a year s too long (and I want to try that schnitzel Thomas spoke about).

- Marin...in my opinion the most consistent swos player. It was a privilege to be your wingman again and I hope to improve a bit more so you can help me
out when I win Sensi Days....in 2070 I guess ;). Bravo Beroe!

- Team Denmark...you got my wife so enthusiastic we are 100% sure going to organize a tournament sometime before Sensi XI AND we re going to bid for Sensi
Days in a few years time. And how you put up with Andib I don t know ;). (Just kidding mate, you were an inspiration at Sensi Days, you re enthusiasm for the
game is amazing and something which really keeps us all inspired)

- Polish swos team...well...there s just too many of you to mention here :). Great catching up with guys like xflea and dior (still the coolest guy in swos :)). It was
awesome to see you guys again...I wish I could speak a bit of Polish.

- Postlarval...your competition and enthusiasm....well....amazing! Thanks for letting us share and your competition should be a definite part of Sensi Days for
years to come. Thanks!

- And to everyone...well thanks for letting me and my wife play. My wife had never played, the Eifel Crew showed her what a great game swos is and she
decided she wanted to play. She might not have been the best oppostion you could have had, but thanks for letting her play and feel welcome on the
swos pitch. Watch out...she wants to play next year and she s going to practice :).

Last but not least...some personal highlights:

- AndYpsilon going all the way to the final. Great to see him get so far and to really prove he s one of the best players around (maybe even the best player
in the 10 or more beer category ;)).

- Playaveli defending his title with some amazing play. It couldn t have been a tougher route but he got through and defended his title. I hope your new
adventure goes well, and I m looking forward to your three-peat next year!

- Blazej who has a game I never tire of watching. You showed some amazing play in your games, creative and original. And let s not forget that he wasn t
only the Amiga runner-up in the most insane game of volleyball I ve ever witnessed ;), he also won the Amiga Sensi tournament. Thanks!

- Bobbiebobras getting so far in the Amiga tournament. In my opinion the best online player we have. I like his no-tactic philosophy (never!). Without tactics
he d already have a few titles i.m.o., and I d love to see him go far next year. Pure no-nonsense swos...just like I like it.

- Sanek...who plays even faster than his music :). Blink and he scores....I think Usain Bolt wouldn t be able to keep up with him!

- Ali....I had the privilege of playing him in the Amiga group-of-death and what he can do is...well insane. He can do things which no-one could have dreamed
to be possible. Defending the title was no mean achievement and I think we were just amazed that someone could be that good. Incredible!

- I predicted both world champions! That must be worth something...right? :)

I could go on and on, but I think Playaveli summed it up perfectly at Sensi Days. You guys are like family....can t wait for the next edition! Thanks everyone!

More
10 years 7 months ago #119835 by Rock and Roll

More
10 years 7 months ago #119836 by Playaveli

- I predicted both world champions! That must be worth something...right? :)

Hmm, yeah! I did that, too. :P ;)

Have a look:

PC:

My bet:
New world champion will be the player who kicks out Marin at any KO-stage!

Amiga:

If Ali and Blazej meet in the final, Ali will defend his crown.
Conclusion: Have to vote for Ali.

More
10 years 7 months ago #119837 by Rock and Roll
First one doesn t count because you didn t say who ;).

And I remember showing your Amiga post to some guys after the final. Great insight :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #119838 by Klaris
Just a few words, still tired:-).

Thanks to all for an amazing tournament on every level:-). Great to see so many old friends and meet new ones. Great atmosphere, and the highest level of Swos I ve ever seen. Congrats to Playa and Ali, defending their titles. High high class, and imo you for sure deserved it. Hope to see you all next year, I ll keep on practicing and hopefully I will one day reach Ali s level on amiga:-).

Swos regards
Klaris

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds