Re: SensibleDays 10 in Berlin - 16th to 19th August 2013

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117799 by FIncad
Hi!
Btw, how does it go in tournament, so is the amiga tournament played with amigas (and amiga joystick or kb) and pc tournament with pc?
Hopefully there will be some pcs with amiga total packs just for fun..

Cheers

Fincad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #117800 by djowGer

Hi!
Btw, how does it go in tournament, so is the amiga tournament played with amigas (and amiga joystick or kb) and pc tournament with pc?
Hopefully there will be some pcs with amiga total packs just for fun..

Cheers

Fincad

- For amiga, yes we play on real Amiga 1200 machines with monitor/tv.

- For pc, we use old pcs dos compatible (windows 95-98) with pc monitors.

Controller wise i think 95% use an amiga controller. For those who fall out of this category we have some adaptors, to connect amiga controllers on pc and vice versa. So if your controller is 9-pin amiga or 15-pin pc you are good to go.
Keyboard players use homemade keypads like this: picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/Mitteldeuts...#5220219440081950706

I can t really see why we should use total pack, when we play on the original systems, were the games were intended to be played.

We desperately need a banner/poster now!!!
All Sensi Days had their specific look. Who could do it?

I can help out if you want, but like Bobbiebobras wrote, write down some requirements like size, wanted elements etc.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117807 by FIncad

- For amiga, yes we play on real Amiga 1200 machines with monitor/tv.

- For pc, we use old pcs dos compatible (windows 95-98) with pc monitors.

Controller wise i think 95% use an amiga controller. For those who fall out of this category we have some adaptors, to connect amiga controllers on pc and vice versa. So if your controller is 9-pin amiga or 15-pin pc you are good to go.
Keyboard players use homemade keypads like this: picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/Mitteldeuts...#5220219440081950706

I can t really see why we should use total pack, when we play on the original systems, were the games were intended to be played.

Hi!
Thanks for your answer. I only have usbsidewinder, and i presume, that if you use it with couple of apadters to get it working with amiga/or old pc in theory, it will not work in practise. I have thrown old joysticks/pads with 15pin away years ago and dont even mention amiga joysticks :D

About amigatotalpacks i meant that hopefully there is a pc or two running with it so you can play f.e with people that are already off the tournament and just for fun. Not the whole tournament with it.

Cheers

Fincad

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117808 by djowGer

Hi!
Thanks for your answer. I only have usbsidewinder, and i presume, that if you use it with couple of apadters to get it working with amiga/or old pc in theory, it will not work in practise. I have thrown old joysticks/pads with 15pin away years ago and dont even mention amiga joysticks :D

About amigatotalpacks i meant that hopefully there is a pc or two running with it so you can play f.e with people that are already off the tournament and just for fun. Not the whole tournament with it.

Cheers

Fincad

But basically if you use this gamepad: tweakers.net/ext/i.dsp/1055194999.jpg
You can use other gamepads with similar size or feel. I have 4 diff. kinds i can bring (one of them looks a lot like yours), and I think Bomb/Playaveli also have a couple that you can borrow during the tournament :)

So no worries! Looking forward to play a Suomi Swos player :)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #117810 by FIncad

But basically if you use this gamepad: tweakers.net/ext/i.dsp/1055194999.jpg
You can use other gamepads with similar size or feel. I have 4 diff. kinds i can bring (one of them looks a lot like yours), and I think Bomb/Playaveli also have a couple that you can borrow during the tournament :)

So no worries! Looking forward to play a Suomi Swos player :)

That kind of a pad looks ok to me. Looks like my old sidewinder, lol. IF you or Bomb or Playaveli would bring me one for the tournament as a loan, it will be appriciated. Hopefully it will work there in amigas and pcs. I could then participate as a player for amiga and pc tournaments and get my ass kicked :D..this time.. I think that i need to pay up if i want to participate as player, but thats no problem.

Fincad

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #117816 by Playaveli
@ djowger and bobbie:
No specific size, just big enough for a quality Poster print.

Should contain:
- Official Swos World Cup
- PC and Amiga
- Date and City with Location Name
- Classic Sensible Days 20xx Logo

Maybe something recognizable for Berlin (eg: Brandenburger Tor with a Quadriga of Pixelmen, or the TV Tower).
Simple, but stylish and memorizable. Maybe check out Redhairs posters from 2007,8,9.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117824 by HairFU
Should it be simple like my SWOS Hanse Cup poster or more spectacular?

11 years 2 weeks ago #117825 by ElMichaJ
well ^^ i am not sure ... i am only a coder and referee :D i dont have any idea ;)

but:

- some berlin stuff like tv tower
- location = Wannsee ... its a big sea in berlin
- swos !
- World Cup
- Edition Number 10 !
- date and maybe some additional infos
- some more stuff as you want

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117831 by Playaveli
@ Hairfu:

It has to look OFFICIAL! That s maybe the best word to describe it. Your poster is nice, but doesn t look official.
Check 2008 and 2009 editions. They have the quality and look in the correct sense. Add some recognizable element from either Berlin itself or Germany as host nations... (as posted above).
Can also be a hidden tip, like on the 2009 poster, Redhair centered Africa on the poster, because they hosted the real World Cup in 2010.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #117878 by djowGer
Here is a suggestion for Sensible Days 2013 poster. With some Berlin landmarks and satelite map background of Berlin (Wannsee). Colors in general inspired by: www.extremnews.com/images/article_landsc...9905bba7d872eb96.png

Give some feedback please :)

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds