Re: Sensible Days 2015 - Lubin, Poland - August 1/2

More
8 years 8 months ago #129712 by Bomb
yep, nice work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #129719 by andib
Nice done, Xflea

Btw I see a picture on Amiga for me.

Sensi Days 2013 I lost to Ali --- 2012 World Champion

Sensi Days 2014 I lost to Ali --- 2013 World Champion

Sensi Days 2015 I lost to Djowger --- 2014 World Champion

Sensi Days 2016 - I wonder who im going to lose to..... :o 8)

8 years 8 months ago #129720 by ElMichaJ
me :) ^^ but letz start another topic ;)

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #129728 by dior
I had a dream (thats heavy) to organize the Sensi Days since Days 2007. The first so big international SOWS tournament. The experience was amayzing - people from all over Europe, motivated, exited and having great time. The true atmosphere of championship, unrepeatable, uniqe.

What we are doing for so many years here is something exceptional. I was looking for comparisons many times but i wasn t able to find it. I would say that Sensi Days is a combination of what comes from the game itself, and what is brought by our community. The game is about reflex, tactic, concentration, winner mentality. Our community is based on friendship, joy, cooperation and a bit of irony.

I can only write, that we made it - together we organized and managed this tournament. Despite of physical exhaustion and all shortcomings in terms of organization, despite the necessity to make an arbitrary decision in some unexpected cases.... It s not enough, I m still hungry for SWOS.
I would like to organize it again ,though not next year (I will say - there were ideas like that in our group), maybe in 2, maybe in 3 years. Im sure that we will do it again, and this time we will be wiser for the experience of the last weekend.

Its been a long time since i did anything for the first time in my life and i have to admit that i did learn a lot.

First of all - an event like this schould follow one consistent concept. Sure - you have to discuss it with a group of people, but in the end it schould be one scenario with one director. Another thing are the details. My worst fear was that something big will happen ( problems with the hotel due to the noice, power outage, an earthquake) - eventually we problems with 4 broken pcs, but we did manage it quite well (BTW i want to thank all the players from that group for their patience and cooperation. Thank you Foka for making great decision and for pushing the other groups to finish their games asap).
I havn t thought about all the details, that by not be big obstacles individually, but can accumulate and steal a lot of time (even more then broken pc - problems with pens, some amigas not working with hd floppy disks - save disk, lack of controlers...).

Ironically there was an posivite side effect to it all. More people wre focused, more players took the responsibility , and we made it, even though we all were exousted, even if it took a bit longer than it usually takes.

Finally - even if i couldn t enjoy Days like I usually do I was able to capture couple of pictures from that weekend.

One geart memory that will stay with me is thanks to Hador. Hador is my very old friend from Warsaw (first time on Days), he plays snooker and very often he is participating in snooker competitions, so he got use to the atmosphere of tournaments. On Saturday, around 9 pm I entered the playing room. There was some deep, calm music playing in the corner, it was quiet in the room. Players gathered around the pc s, playing, writting down the soores, discussing, looking on the KO tree. All was going like clockwork, no signs of chaos. So Hador stoped me then, forced me to take a look around and very happily said now thats is a superb climate of competition .

Second one is from Sunday. 1/16 Amiga games between Primo and Andy. Big crowd behind the players, concentrated atmosphere, loud cheering - almost like in a boxing match (strike him, now, strike him, hold him, don t let him stad ;-) Emotions that I missed for a while!

Thank you all for participating, for helping us to organize it, for the equipment, for your attitude and sensi spirit durring all the weekend!

Thanks for the wonderfoul time and see you all next year!

dior
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #129729 by m.c.t.
Finaly have some time to write down my 2 cents :) First of all I must say huge THANKS to Bulgarian crew! Marin, Nikola, Dido, Denis Desi. It was 5 days of real adventure. They picked me up at my home, then we went to Slovakia through Hungary. We sleep in a camp in Bratislava, and walked around the city. Tommorow we continue to Poland. We reached our destination Friday evening (we could arrive sooner but traffic jam was to big). SensiDays 2015 was perfect. To see everyone again was just amazing. So many cool people, so many great stories to hear from everyone. PC Tournament was ok for me, but meeting Playaveli in KO was too much at that point. My tactic was made in 2001 and its just too bad for nowdays. I received 80% of goals this way:

It feels so frustrating when you are helpless like that : ( :)

My tournament nightmare was ElMichaJ, we were together in PC groups (lost both), classic Sensi (kicked me out) and Amiga groups (lost the first one then saved little of my honor and win second game). In Amiga tournament my last game in the group decided whether I be 2nd in the group or 5th. It was that close in the group. My final Amiga station was Lobo, but I am happy with what I showed.

After the tournament I was ready for another adventure. Bulgarian crew drive me to train station in Wroclaw. They drive like so fast so that I could catch the train, when we stopped Marin and me run toward the station and we made it 3 minutes ahead of time but the line for tickets was just too long.. so I waited one hour for next train, travelled for about 2 and half hours, reached the Poznan, and I had 30 minutes before gates closure at the airport... So I took taxi, and informed taxi driver about my situation, he also speed up and I made it just in time to airport. So I fly to Malmo, then waited 4-5 hours and then from Malmo to Belgrade. I landed around midnight, my friend waited for me and I returned home. I sleep for only 2-3 hours and then back to work. I fell asleep several times but I told everyone how busy my weekend was. 4 tournaments in 2 days its not a little thing.

Congratulations to all the organizers from Poland for making such a great tournament. Congratulations to all the winners, there were really high class players but they rise one step higher then high. Cheers to all the cool friends I talked to again and new ones I meet every time on SensiDays! Thanks crew from Manchester for such a cool gift, it will lead me to another trophy some other time! Hope to see you again all soon!

More
8 years 8 months ago #129736 by AndYpsilon

I would like to organize it again ,though not next year (I will say - there were ideas like that in our group), maybe in 2, maybe in 3 years. Im sure that we will do it again, and this time we will be wiser for the experience of the last weekend.

Very nice report, Dior. And I fully support your idea of doing Sensi Days again at this place because I cannot imagine a better one with regard to costs, food,
accommodation, tournament area and places to chill outside.
Furthermore, you guys have the biggest offline community in Poland and Sensi Days in Lubin guarantee that many polish players will participate. Another pro for this place.

More
8 years 8 months ago #129740 by Marin Parushev
Hi everyone,

as almost always the Bulgarian team came home last. You can see our journey here - www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zjbBlZyZy9Ls.kUqWro_p3HxU. Everyone but me is happy with their performance on PC and Amiga. My deep apologies to my fans, I totally failed this year. But in the end I would like to quote Schulle - It s just a game .

We are playing now some PC SWOS and practising for next Sensi Days.
Greetings from the Bulgarian crew (Marin, Dido, Nikola, Dennis and Sokol).

More
8 years 8 months ago #129742 by xflea

We are playing now some PC SWOS and practising for next Sensi Days.
Greetings from the Bulgarian crew (Marin, Dido, Nikola, Dennis and Sokol).

Bring Sokol with you next time. Steal his guitar or something, I don t know... :D

More
8 years 8 months ago #129743 by Sokol
Hey, you talked too many jokes about my guitar! :)
I will come on the next Sensidays tournament if I can.

More
8 years 8 months ago #129744 by andib

Hey, you talked too many jokes about my guitar! :)
I will come on the next Sensidays tournament if I can.

You are going to arrange next Sensi Days with the Serbian Guys 8)

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds