Re: My Early Access Review

More
6 years 5 months ago #138215 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: My Early Access Review
Todays update brings an 8-way control for keyboard players. That s nice. I think it would be a cool idea to add an 1-button mode (without sprints), maybe as an optional feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #138220 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: My Early Access Review
well my controller does mot work in that game ... but in swos without any problems

also keyboard stuff is strange

why i need to calibrate a controller in 2017 ?

i will check again after christmas

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138221 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: My Early Access Review
I feel like it s a good start, but man I wish they had tested their own AI. It seems to me as though the developers just played Human vs Human in their office and didn t consider the fact that a lot of people will be playing vs the AI. It s stuff that can be fixed of course, but the AI and the keepers are horrific. Hopefully they won t take too long to correct it but man, it must take a reasonable amount of time to rewrite AI!

Aside from that, my only other concern is the lack of a really deep single player mode. I just don t get into online multiplayer much, so single player to me is really important - that s why SWOS was so so good, and I feel like Jon and his team have really dropped the ball a bit by not doing Career Mode. Almost every complaint levelled against the game is the lack of Career Mode. If they can t deliver the full thing, I really feel like they should attempt to deliver a Career Mode Lite at the very least..

Just my thoughts.

More
6 years 5 months ago #138222 by thorsten
Replied by thorsten on topic Re: My Early Access Review
Thanks Redhair, for this review. I think it s quite spot on!

If you find the time, I would LOVE to read a comparision of yours of Sociable Soccer and (my game) Natural Soccer (NaturalSoccer.com).

I am actually quite jealous of their player graphics and animations and the goal nets ;-) - Would LOVE to have my game engine with those graphics :-)

But, as of now, I like to think that my (goalie) AI, and general physics (excepts those georgeous nets) are (still) superior - but this opionion might be *a bit* biased ;-)

Thorsten

• petarku
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138224 by petarku
Replied by petarku on topic Re: My Early Access Review

I feel like it s a good start, but man I wish they had tested their own AI. It seems to me as though the developers just played Human vs Human in their office and didn t consider the fact that a lot of people will be playing vs the AI. It s stuff that can be fixed of course, but the AI and the keepers are horrific. Hopefully they won t take too long to correct it but man, it must take a reasonable amount of time to rewrite AI!

Aside from that, my only other concern is the lack of a really deep single player mode. I just don t get into online multiplayer much, so single player to me is really important - that s why SWOS was so so good, and I feel like Jon and his team have really dropped the ball a bit by not doing Career Mode. Almost every complaint levelled against the game is the lack of Career Mode. If they can t deliver the full thing, I really feel like they should attempt to deliver a Career Mode Lite at the very least..

Just my thoughts.

strange thing is that it looks like they concentrated to human vs human but they still have very bad keepers to start with.
I dont know how easy is to patch AI at this point if they spent a lot of time to get gameplay right , lets see.
I dont mind that they dont have career mode at this point as sensi soccer 1.0 didnt have it either , but the gameplay was at that time very strong and AI as well. You wanted to play against cpu.
Currenty game dont have to much challenge for offline play.
I wonder are they focusing really on sociable component and and just human vs human and online aspect ? I fail to see at this moment who they are targeting.
90 percent of people that bought the game are swos players , still game is already 2 years in development and have very poor offline challenge, 3D view as default and to many buttons.
If they focus on online play and try to get young people, why even release early access if you dont have online in place ?
Lets see where the game will evolve, I am waiting to see AI/goalkeepers patch. If they get it right , then i will still be under hype as i think the game has potential and i will most likely play more boss mode.

Just question for everyone here , do you feel big difference when you play as Andora for example and as a Spain ?
In swos you straight notice big difference , in sociable i am missing that bit , is it just me ?

More
6 years 4 months ago #138254 by higgipoker
Nice review. I thought sensi fans would despise this game.

So far, it s a polished package. Nice graphics, smooth animation and responsive controls. The gameplay just isn t there yet for me. Rather than a game of sensi, it feels more like FIFA lite.

The new Kick Off game is better.... *runs and hides*

:)

More
6 years 4 months ago #138330 by d_grei
Replied by d_grei on topic Re: My Early Access Review
An option for 8-ways and 1-button gameplay, this would be awesome!

More
6 years 4 months ago #138331 by d_grei
Replied by d_grei on topic Re: My Early Access Review

The new Kick Off game is better.... *runs and hides*

Did you try it?
It says PAD MANDATORY
:(

so no support for keyboard play?

More
6 years 4 months ago #138332 by higgipoker

Did you try it?
It says PAD MANDATORY
:(

so no support for keyboard play?

Yes of course, it requires an analog stick.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #138354 by Synchronated
You can play 8-way with keyboard or with any joystick using joytokey (and it works nicely).

One button mode would fundamentally change the game really since you can shoot instantly now without the sensi hold delay.

A big gameplay update is due tonight or later this week.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds