Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #134049 by ruicosta10fc
Hi, what a great project this is! I can help with the Rep Ireland and Mexico leagues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #134052 by Playaveli

Hi, what a great project his is! I can help with the Rep Ireland and Mexico leagues!

Cool, thanks ruicosta! :) Assigned you to REP. IRELAND + MEXICO LEAGUES!
---
Current assignments and editing status: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26241

In the meantime, I finished LITHUANIA league. Uploaded!

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #134057 by Sida79
Nice, Gorzo. It was fun looking through the national teams :)

On a side note: your Croatia is a bit drunk :)

P.S. Probably would ve been better to do this after EURO when the exact teams could be known :)

P.P.S. Some older players really suffering because of their lower price which translates to lower skill in SWOS.

More
7 years 10 months ago #134063 by Sida79
I have just googled up a nice statistic of how player values change with age, just for fun :)
It seems prices peak at about 26-27 on average and start dropping for players under 23 and over 30.

So for example in Gorzo s national teams file Buffon is worth 1M, while Sirigu on the bench is worth 2M.
So it seems strange that Sirigu s on the bench.
But if we account for the price drop with age, it would seem 38yo Buffon is at least 4 or 5 times the player Sirigu is!

Also in Spanish national team Casillas is worth 1,3M while De Gea on the bench is worth 5M - talk about strange decisions!
However, seeing Casillas is 10 years older, with adjusted price he comes to being just around 20% better than De Gea.

Interesting :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #134065 by Gorzo
Thx Sida :) In determing the players I looked at the minutes on the pitch in qualifiyng for Euro 2016 what about Spain or Italy do not look at it because these are my old prices :) someone else update other teams :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #134066 by xflea
oh well

regardless the indication you may choose it seems Brazil won t be as strong as in the original database...

and they messed up with Copa America as well

interesting if you filter the most valuable players on transfermarkt - and check Brazilians...

More
7 years 10 months ago #134067 by Sida79

someone else update other teams :)

Sorry, I phrased that sentence wrong :)

On a side note, I ve found a way to additionally randomize the skills of unknown midfielders. Since transfermarkt counts how many times they played each position, for example if they played 60% of the time as an AM and 40% as DM I use that info to slightly boost their AM and cut their DM skills (starting from middle ground ). Along with other factors, makes for lots of combinations!

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #134091 by Playaveli
About that age issue:
In SWOS 96/97, many older players have a lower price than they would have in their prime.
Best example: Diego Maradona!

More examples:
- Guido Buchwald (GER).
- Salvatore Schillaci (ITA).
- Jorginho (BRA)
- Ivan Hasek (CZE)

The list could be continued with many many players of 96/97 who were way more expensive (and thus: better skilled) in their prime time/age.

---

Please maintain transfermarkt.de/com price table for all players you edit!
Buffon of 2016 is by far not that good as he was in his prime. And that s just an example.

---

This update is more than an update. It shall capture a moment in football history! And that moment is 2016/17... not 2006,7,8...

More
7 years 10 months ago #134092 by Sida79
Of course, but I wasn t talking about their prime... nor was I suggesting we abandon the price scheme.

The issue is that in real life price represents both skill and age while in SWOS it only represents skill, since SWOS players don t age.
It s only an issue in SWOS since there are great and cheap old players in all games where players age.
If I remember the players you named were still decent in SWOS, so the price probably reflects their post-serious-career skills :)

I m sticking to the rules for this update, but I ve seen that issue many times when I would do croatian league updates every year.
When a once-top player retires to such a weak league, he s often godlike in comparison to other players.
IRL his price will be the same as of his teammates or even much lower, simply because for players in their prime their price reflects skill, while for 35 year olds price represents but a fraction of their skill so in SWOS you may be forced to turn what is a really bad team with one quite decent player into a really bad team with one player that s even worse than the rest.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #134093 by Playaveli

If I remember the players you named were still decent in SWOS, so the price probably reflects their post-serious-career skills :)

You are totally free to replicate that for 16/17!
Couldn t be better!

Maradona is a perfect example:
swos.gazchap.com/index.php?teamid=163

Old, but still great ball control and passing. But lack of speed/tackling, which are age-relative-skills .
Edit with a portion of common sense, and you cannot miscue it.

Time to create page: 0.685 seconds