Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

• Blame
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #137169 by Blame

Do you think it would be worth doing a 2017/18 update too? I feel like the 2016 update has really galvanised the community and kept the spirit of SWOS alive across the globe. It would be really great to see that continue with a new update for next season and beyond :)

No plans yet... and not sure if we could pull it of, again!

Congratulations to everyone involved in this update, it s a really good and unexpected twist of faith on SWOS, and playing it now, updated, feels the same as 20 years ago, and this is not only nostalgia, it s because this is the BEST GAME EVER!!!!

We cannot let this movement die, i offer all my help for future seasons dabatabe updates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #137170 by Playaveli

Congratulations to everyone involved in this update, it s a really good and unexpected twist of faith on SWOS, and playing it now, updated, feels the same as 20 years ago, and this is not only nostalgia, it s because this is the BEST GAME EVER!!!!

We cannot let this movement die, i offer all my help for future seasons dabatabe updates.

On behalf of the team, or rather our little updating army, thanks for the compliments. :) Great to hear from more and more people who are happy with what we ve done.

At least, I ll think about it... (making a new one!)

• Hellraiser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #137196 by Hellraiser
Replied by Hellraiser on topic Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update
Dont even think of not making a new update!!!I offer also my services in helping out!

• daddywarhol
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago #137355 by daddywarhol
Replied by daddywarhol on topic Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update
I ll offer my help too to realize the update for the 2017\18 season...

Many thanks to all who worked for the 2016\17 update...

Will win the second Europe League with Celta Vigo.....
:D ;D :D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• kashinho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago #137447 by kashinho
Hi All!
I got troubles with burning CD32 iso. It doesn t work in my Amiga :( How should I burn it? I used CDBurnerXP with disc at once option

• Jonpt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #137627 by Jonpt
Hi all

is it possible to have this game with the 16/17 data in 2 adf to run at the original amiga computer?

is this available? i can t find it. Only see the lha file but i don t know how to make the 2 disks from this.

Many Thanks

More
6 years 9 months ago #137629 by Playaveli

Hi all

is it possible to have this game with the 16/17 data in 2 adf to run at the original amiga computer?

is this available? i can t find it. Only see the lha file but i don t know how to make the 2 disks from this.

Many Thanks

It s possible, but then you have to sacrifice the career mode, because some leagues have to be deleted!

@djowGer: Could you post your adfs?

More
5 years 11 months ago #139526 by HairFU
Would be very nice to see ADF of 16/17, as a friend of me needs disk, as He did not have an harddisk or cf card in his amiga.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #139538 by djowGer
Hmm.. I made an attempt to overwrite files from the original amiga 96-97 version 2 disk version on my amiga 1200, so I didn t make any adf files. It only worked as Playaveli said, because I deleted 3-4 league files due to somehow bigger files sizes. This also means that the game will freeze if you select a deleted league, and I am quite sure career mode doesn t work either, if the game can t close down a season because of a missing league. I mainly tried this because a danish swos player wanted the new version on disks. To sum up, it kind of works for leagues/cups/friendlies but not 100%

So if you need adf files, just open some excisting 96-97 adf files with adf view or other, and do as I do and overwrite the files and delete a few leagues.

More
5 years 10 months ago #139548 by HairFU
Ah okay. Did not sound really good. But thx anyway :)

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds