SWOS 2020 - bug reports

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142724 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

I have the same issue as before applying the update. Total pack starts one or two times after the installation, then does not start anymore.

I tried to unistall and reinstall, same thing happens. Works once or twice, then stops starting and strange popups appear, warning they cant write in some folders path.

will be post updated check list soon
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by starwindz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142731 by starwindz

Do you think it would be possible to add an option on the main options screen to 'Check for Updates'. Then any patches are downloaded and automatically applied as we are used to on smartphones. Would mean we wouldn't have to uninstall/download and reinstall a new version every time.

Bitdefender also gives me this warning when I try to access the website:

Feature:
Online Threat Prevention

We blocked this dangerous page for your protection:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/swos-2020
Threat name: JS:Trojan.Cryxos.1929
Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

`check for update` feature would be added in the future version. thanks for the idea

about anti virus warning, it is a false positive. simply ignore it

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142741 by starwindz

Clean installation of swos 2020 total pack + Update 1.0.1 on win 7 64bit:

Launching game results into "List index out of bounds (1)", error.

Clicking OK, results into "LstSetting.ItemIndex <0:, error

Sensi fonts of game's Launcher are messy (offset/some letters of words misplaced or not appearing at all/hard to read).

Launching the game results into: "Unable to write to C:\Games\SWOS 2020 Total Pack\ini\"

Restarting the computer, doesn't affect the behavior. Uninstalling and launching the game v. 1.0.0. has same behavior. Doing the resetfont.exe doesn't affect the misbehavior. I am not able to enter the game at all.

you picked the wrong file. try this: www.mediafire.com/file/k7dke2n1lblidsp/s...1.0.1.setup.exe/file

No, like I stated on first line it's the updated 1.0.1. version. I just performed afterwards the reset font fix in case it worked but no luck.

plz completely delete c:\games folder
and then install 1.0.0 and 1.0.1

Thanks for your reply.
Did it but no luck. Still same errors persist.
Tried to install in a different folder (C:\swos) and the same problem still appears.

will be post updated check list soon

@adrianozzo
plz check out following questions

#1. can you share the screenshot of this issue?
#2. disable anti-virus program?
#3. can you install to another drive such as d:\games\swos2020?
#4. extract following .7z to total pack folder and run resetFont2.exe.(you should see `swos.ttf has been reset` message) and then run new_total_pack.exe. what is the result?
www.mediafire.com/file/6xrf9392eav0nmu/t...starting_fix.7z/file
#5. after #4, C:\user\[user-name]\.swos-font\swos.ttf exists?
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by starwindz.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142749 by Alanson09
Replied by Alanson09 on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Just completed my second season, as I finish the season the game crashes and exits

Please help

Sent a video to you Playa :)

More
4 years 2 months ago #142750 by captaincofresi
Playing with: SWOS Total Pack 1.0.1.
Playing mode: Amiga, Expert

Playaveli wrote the following on how to save Edited Tactics, when editting it on from the Main Menu:

Tactics screen:
EXIT / SAVE —> SAVE Done!

Bug:
Please note that I tried this method, for loading the PLAYA1.TAC into the slot for USER A. I closed the SWOS Total Pack completely. Started the SWOS Total Pack again, pressed 'PLAY' then 'LAUNCH' and the PLAYA1 tactic is not in the slot for USER A anymore, it has been reset. So the editted Custom Tactics hasn't been saved.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142751 by captaincofresi
Playing with: SWOS Total Pack 1.0.1.
Playing mode: Amiga, Expert.
Controllers: AJOY with USB adapter + Keyboard

When starting a match in de DIY League, where I use the AJOY with USB adapter myself, and Coach the opponent team with the Keyboard (so that I can choose their Tactics to make it harder for myself) occassionally the AJOY with USB adapter will not work. It seems that this only happens when I press either the Fire button or Arrows (the AJOY is a modified keypad) on the keypad. Please note that the AJOY is sometimes detected as an AJOY and sometimes as an 4-axis joystick somehow. EDIT: It looks like it happens randomly. So this might not be an easy one to recreate and debug anyhow.

When pressing Escape and restarting the Match when the timer is still at '0', the keypad seems to work if I don't press any of the controls. So there is an easy workaround, still thought to mention this bug.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: Additional testing, I noticed it happens quite randomly. With no buttons pressed it also happens.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142760 by sensibleswos
anyone else swos2020 crash on 9th year of career?

More
4 years 2 months ago #142764 by Alanson09
Replied by Alanson09 on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Second season for me mate. Cannot get past season end.

Sent a video to PLaya

hoping and praying for a response

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142780 by pli
Replied by pli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Hi, it seems that I might have solved the problems that I used to have with the SWOS 2020 Total Pack. I also had the problems mentioned in this thread (launcher not starting or suddenly going bonkers with cannot write to file so and so and forgetting all settings).

After a look at the various posts in the thread, I realised that these problems appeared to happen with the 64bit versions of Windows (incl. 7). I had tried the Total Pack on a computer with the 32bit version of Win7 and it works fine – at least without any of the problems described above.

Based on my experience with Win7, I had thought that the aforementioned problems only happened with Win10. So, I was surprised to read that there also are problems with the 64bit version of Win7. That made me think (I wondered whether the problems might be memory-related – e.g. forgetting settings) and just for the sake of it I tried out the 4GB Patch (ntcore.com/?page_id=371 - a clever little programme that patches 32bit programmes in such a way that they are able to use the full 4GB that 32bit programmes are able to use theoretically while running on a 64bit version of Windows (however, beware: the patch only works with 64bit versions of Windows and not 32bit versions where it causes programmes to crash). Ever since, things appear to be working fine.

The first time round, after booting Windows, the launcher does not start (at least not visibly) but you can see that it is running in the Task Manager under Details. However, after chucking it out (end process) you can start the launcher again a second time and from then on henceforth the launcher does actually start and without forgetting its settings (until you shutdown Windows - when you restart Windows it is back to sentence one of this paragraph). I hope this will prove successful and so far it appears to be the case.

I also have the impression that SWOS works more smoothly (animations, joypad controls) now. However, I still recommend that you use PC-SWOS instead of Widescreen under graphics and your native resolution in fullscreen (in my case 1920x1080). At least on my computer SWOS (Amiga mode) works visibly faster and smoother than with Widescreen. Alright, you get two narrow black bars on either side. Would be interesting to see what CPU, memory size, and graphics card(s ;-)) you actually need in order to have SWOS 2020 run as smoothly and fast as it would be supposed to. (My system: Intel i7-3770, 16GB RAM, AMD R9 390 graphics card, Win10 Pro 64bit)

On a different note: There has been criticism of SWOS 2020 regarding Microsoft XBox 360 gamepads. I have two XBox 360 (compatible) gamepads, one by Microsoft (white, cable) and the other by Saitek (Cyborg Rumble Pad, cable). The latter works fine. If you select re-define controls in the controls section under options it says 0 as the value under both raw x and raw y when centred. With the Microsoft pad values range between +/-5300+! The centring of the original Microsoft XBox 360 pads is notoriously bad. For example, go to the old Windows control panel. As of Win8, Microsoft has been making considerable efforts to hide it but it is still there. Just type control panel under the search/Cortana stuff in the bottom left corner of the Windows desktop. You will find it at the top of the the list with the word App underneath. In my German version of Win10, I have to type 'Systemsteuerung' so you will have to type what the the control panel is called in your respective language version of Windows. Once you have launched it by clicking on it, select Hardware & Sound and there Devices and Printers. There you should find your gamepads. Right-click on them and select game controller properties. There you can test your gamepads. As far as the Microsoft XBox 360 gamepads are concerned, you will find that centring is all over the place. (My other gamepads stay centered - full stop / period.) With my Saitek gamepad, I can set the cut-off (dead zone) stuff in SWOS 2020 to 0%. With my Microsoft gamepad, I have to set it to 17% as a minimum. Both work but the Microsoft one has been more likely to behave erratically.

So, people complaining about SWOS 2020 and gamepad handling are actually putting the blame at the wrong door. They should be criticising Microsoft instead for such a shoddy job with their XBox 360 gamepads. They only got the good reputation they have because game designers knew about the problems and often used rather generous dead zone settings.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by pli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 2 months ago #142791 by sensibleswos
I edited European FIFA codes, swos launcher could not start swos.

I am able to use mb xbox controller on swos2020

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds