How to add my own '19 / '20 pitch based on the 2016_17 - SWOS United Anniv. Ed

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142684 by starwindz

Hi, and in general is it me or are the Assistant Referees a bit smaller (75-80%) than the players? It might be due to the fact that the original images for the asssistant referees have been taken from the previews, that the images I provided are too small maybe?

Then again, this might be a lot of work. Since I would need to have the exact right resolution of the previews, run a game, make some screenshots of the players. And re-edit / re-create the assistant referees pixel by pixel? Or I am just too much of a perfectionist, and better to let this go ;-). Can also be that I make this a bit too complicated, and that with the editor you use it's an easier fix?

yes, agreed
please edit the attached template .bmp files in a .zip file and shared them.
and then new pitches can be easily created using .bmp files as just like layers in the custom graphics maker :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by starwindz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142691 by captaincofresi
Well, I checked again. I believe I am wrong! I think it is just an optical illusion, maybe due to the lighter shadows ;-). And the fact they are holding a flag in front of them, instead of arms along the side. See the following image:

One less thing to 'worry' about ;) . So probably will be fixed once the darker shadows will be given.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142692 by captaincofresi
#1: Do you still need some action from me on changing the color of the shadows though? Or are the images I provided now sufficient?
#2: Do you need some action from me on changing the position of the assistant referees? If so, I would also need an complete empty pitch as a template I suppose.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: Added numbers, for easier reply.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142705 by starwindz

#1: Do you still need some action from me on changing the color of the shadows though? Or are the images I provided now sufficient?
#2: Do you need some action from me on changing the position of the assistant referees? If so, I would also need an complete empty pitch as a template I suppose.

#1. I think the shadow color of referees should be same as colors of players' shadows
#2. yes. little bit closer to pitch lines

More
4 years 3 months ago #142715 by captaincofresi
Starwindz wrote:

#1. I think the shadow color of referees should be same as colors of players' shadows

Ok, I get that you agree with me on those points.
What is unclear to me, is if you need action from me to do this? Or can you do this yourself in the editor?
Since I already provided the Assistant Referee images in a ZIP file with the darker shadows.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142726 by starwindz

Starwindz wrote:

Ok, I get that you agree with me on those points.
What is unclear to me, is if you need action from me to do this? Or can you do this yourself in the editor?
Since I already provided the Assistant Referee images in a ZIP file with the darker shadows.

it seems i can do it to update the pitches
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142753 by captaincofresi
One last thing, I noticed here that the name for the pitches is too long now:

So I suggest to change it to:
2019/20 - No asst. refs
2019/20 - Yellow kit asst. refs
2019/20 - Black kit asst. refs
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142810 by captaincofresi
Hi Starwindz,

I now have the final measurements and previews for you.
Where Measurement Y = from the flag of the assistant referee to his back (disregarding the shadow).
The distance best suited to use = 2 x Measurement Y from the line.
See the examples below:

SWOS new distance ass. ref Left Bottom - Distance Measured

SWOS new distance ass. ref Left Bottom Preview

SWOS new distance ass. ref Right Top - Distance Measured

SWOS new distance ass. ref Right Top Preview

Hope this helps a bit to make it consistent. There will be some overlap of the shadow of a player throw in, but the chances are a bit low for that.
Better to have the assistant referees closer to the line and in view at all times.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142906 by captaincofresi
Just a thought, shouldn't we also credit Rehair and Playaveli since they created the original 16/17 pitch?

More
4 years 2 months ago #143072 by captaincofresi
@starwindz any news on the pitch updates I proposed for the next update? :)
or are you still busy with other swos2020 stuff first?

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds