SFX - how to add them and what are the requirements?

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142758 by captaincofresi
Playing with: SWOS Total Pack 1.0.1.
Playing mode: Amiga, Expert.

Hi,

I am trying to add the Virgil van Dijk chant audio file to the following folder:
SWOS 2020 Total Pack/sound_sfx/England/club/liverpool/

The file I now have is an 540kb mp3 file. But it is not working when I link it to the 'Score 3-0'. I kinda figured, if you're 3-0 behind, you'll want to cheer on the defener Virgil van Dijk. And if your in front, he also scores and helped to defend the clean sheet ;) . So this chant works both ways.

I also linked the Seven Nation Army short chant to the 'Score 3-0', and that raw format file seems to work fine. So the link between selecting an audio file and the 'Score 3-0' seems to be okay in the program.

Also tried to convert / save it as a RAW format. But it seems when I do this with either a converter Switch Audio Converter downloaded or try to do this as an uncompressed export in Audacity (I also have the file as an Audacity project) it results in a RAW file that is only 'very loud distored white noise'.

So is there a list of specific requirements for the SFX to work? E.g. should it be Mono rather than Stereo, or a lower bitrate, or a higher compression to get a smaller file size? In short, how to make this SFX work?

Here is the link to the Virgil van Dijk CHANT.mp3:
Download the Virgil van Dijk CHANT here
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: Added the version of the SWOS Total Pack I am using.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142772 by Playaveli
No requirements whatsoever. Any common audio file works fine. If it doesn't you are doing something wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 3 months ago #142775 by captaincofresi
Sorry, my bad ;-). I figured out what I am doing wrong, the sound volume is very low. And the chant might not always play on the 3-0. I will Normalize it with Audacity, and try it again.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142776 by captaincofresi
So for who also wants to add the Virgil van Dijk chant, here is the ZIP file with the adjusted volume:
ZIP file with Virgil van Dijk chant - RIGHT VOLUME

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds