Ball not staying with player

More
3 months 1 week ago #146829 by TangodownNZ
I have noticed with swos 2020 when I change direction sharply the ball leave my players feet (just rolls away). This is annoying, because I need to carefully go around in a big circle with my controller thumb stick (I can not suddenly change direction).
I noticed with swos pc version the ball sticks to the players feet much better than the 2020 version.
It would be great if the developers could look at this because it makes the game almost impossible to play. It certainly takes alot of the fun out of game play. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #146830 by thd79
Replied by thd79 on topic Ball not staying with player
The ball sticks to the player's foot more in the PC/DOS version of SWOS, compared to the true Amiga original (along with many other differences).

By default, SWOS2020 plays as the Amiga style. If you want the DOS style, you can select that in the launcher.

More
3 months 1 week ago #146833 by TangodownNZ
Actually it seems the ball does not stick to the players feet more in SWOS2020 PC version. I just tried it.
It does seem to stick better in pc_swostp.exe, althought this may be due to the slower fps

Its really frustrating when you go to change direction and the ball rolls away from your feet. In real football the player would have more control than that.
Would everybody not agree that it would be better if the ball was stuck to the players feet unless he is tackled, passes the ball or shoots.
I wonder if one of the game developers could make a cheat that allows this. Or even just update the game with this.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but this would make the game so much better!

More
3 months 4 days ago #146835 by Brummie
if playing with keyboard, go to menu controls / turn on advanced keyboard controls. That would help for sure, try it

More
3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #146836 by thd79
Replied by thd79 on topic Ball not staying with player
Learning how to dribble is part of the skill of SWOS that you need to learn. The game has always been like this, it's not something that we are going to change!

I don't think any SWOS fan would agree that it would be better if the ball was always glued to the foot.
Last edit: 3 months 4 days ago by thd79.

More
3 months 3 days ago #146837 by Playaveli

Actually it seems the ball does not stick to the players feet more in SWOS2020 PC version. I just tried it.
It does seem to stick better in pc_swostp.exe, althought this may be due to the slower fps

Its really frustrating when you go to change direction and the ball rolls away from your feet. In real football the player would have more control than that.
Would everybody not agree that it would be better if the ball was stuck to the players feet unless he is tackled, passes the ball or shoots.
I wonder if one of the game developers could make a cheat that allows this. Or even just update the game with this.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but this would make the game so much better!

Did you select Game Style PC DOS in the launcher?

It sounds like you play AMIGA style, which has 50 FPS and is indeed a bit harder to play.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds