Dealing with bad / unfair / disrespectfull behaviour!

More
13 years 4 months ago #94735 by Rock and Roll
- Votes will be anonymous in a PM to Lobo or Playaveli. One of them will post the outcome! This will prevent the voters from being exposed!

I think everyone could post in a thread in the forum (as they do now) to help the voters to make a decision.
After a set deadline the eligible voters should then post there vote in public OR send their vote to all eligible voters.

Choosing the first option means everyone can see who voted (maximum transparency).
Choosing the second option means each league manager/voter knows who voted, and thus, albeit indirect, each
nation knows. In this case he (or she :)) can relay the results (without posting who voted for what) to each and every
member of his nation, whilst knowing all the facts .

The second option might seem less transparent but in this case the league managers know the results are 100%
accurate, and that each nation has had the chance to have its say in the decision process.
Only pm ing results to one or two people wouldn t give this transparency (even though we all trust Lobo / Playaveli) and
in a delicate case it might backfire. Imagine us having a Vatican City league (as neutral as you can get :)) and a final outcome
of 11-10 and the VC voter didn t get his wish. I m sure he d like to be able to check and double check the results. Not a matter
of trust, just a matter of full transparency towards the community.

I d also prefer it if we didn t have a set ban length. Remember the case a few months ago involving racism? That s a lot more
serious (and worthy of the six month ban given, by the way, the person never returned) than the situation I found myself in when
a new member refused to enter 8 ooo-scores against myself (in that case I pm ed Lobo about it, instead of creating a thread).
That s something for the voters to decide. I would create a topic in which all given bans are shown, with given ban length
(from when to when) and a brief description of the reason why. This way everyone could see we re all trying to be consequent
and considerate.

How would the voters be selected? Is that up to each federation? In the case of the Euroleague I m the only Euroleague manager
who is actually Euroleague eligible...does that mean I m the only person who is allowed to cast the Euroleague vote (not a good
thing if you ask me)?

But I fully agree with all other stipulations (except maybe the repeat ban length for the same reasons I posted, and I d get rid of the
exclamation marks (!)), and applaud the work that has already gone into this step. When we had the recent discussion in another
thread this is one of things I meant (who does what), and this addition to the rules shows that we re all equally part of the community.

Good job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #94737 by dimetrodon
Maybe we should vote if the votes should be anonymous or not. Only one question remains: the votes for this decision should be anonymous or not?

:P ;)

(Your questions are serious, just can not resist : )

More
13 years 4 months ago #94739 by Rock and Roll
That was one of the funniest (though correct!) posts I ve ever read here dinosaur :).

More
13 years 4 months ago #94854 by Playaveli
Will make a last update tomorrow morning!
Then I ll put it into the rule book.

From what I see, we agree on the most part of it. Thanks everybody for your feedback and input!
Just how I like it: Not interested in problems, but interested in solutions!

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #94959 by Playaveli
RULE BOOK UPDATE:

Bad / unfair / disrespectfull behaviour:
- If a member feels treated unfairly or encountered bad and disrespectfull behaviour in whatever kind (chat, PM, ingame kaillera, forum...) it s his right to open a topic about it!

Ban or not, who decides:
- One manager / moderator from each currently active association ( CLICK HERE ) is allowed to vote for or against a ban!
- Votes will be anonymous in a PM to Lobo or Playaveli. One of them will post the outcome! This will prevent the voters from being exposed!
- If more than half of the votes (eg. 4 of 7 or 3 of 5, depending on active assosiations) confirm a ban it becomes effective!
- If there is a 50/50 voting the vote from ASL manager (= ss.de admin) will be removed to get an odd number!
- Voting will only be made public by a specific request from anybody involved in the issue! Otherwise it stays anonymous!

Eligible voters:
- As mentioned above, just one manager from each active association is entitled to vote! If an association has more than one manager it is solely up to themselves to arrange who will send the vote! Discuss this issue in private chats or in your language specific subforum! Not here!
- Votes which have been sent in first will be valid!

Voting time:
- Votes have to be sent within 7 days after an issue has been made public by a topic in this forum!
- Late votes are invalid!

Ban time:
- If a ban becomes effective it will last two weeks!
- In a case of repetition the second ban will last three months! It may be reduced to one month if there is a well written apology about the issue!

Ban effectivity:
- The ban affects all kinds of competitions on the platform ss.de as well as the forum!
- In a case of repetition the second ban will include the main channel #sensible!

I need the following translations:

POLISH
TURKISH
EX-YU
PORTUGUESE
ITALIANO

(www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=850.0)

PM please! Thank you!

More
13 years 2 months ago #98288 by Emmeti

@ mt653:
What is your opinion about it?

I think I have to apologize I didn t reply, sorry playa.

Actually I wasn t sure additional rules were necessary so I felt I had nothing to say about it, but of course considering you asked my opinion, it was probably rude from me not to reply.

Due to my connection problem I ve been spending less time in chatroom lately and I seldom log in to forum in general for the same reason (connection) and , yes I admit that , a bit of laziness too.
Said that, I am also sorry I have not really much to add to this topic...

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds