Question

More
12 years 11 months ago #101478 by Marin Parushev
Question was created by Marin Parushev
I have something like a question rather than a report or complaint.
I played my ASL games with Animatore today. Before the games I told him that in my home game I will use custom tactic while he said nothing.
Before the second game started I changed to custom tactic and then it turned out that he was using custom tactic all the first game which I did not notice.
I refuse to accept the score of this first game but at the same time Animatore refused to replay it. My question is, what should we do? Can an admin resolve this issue? Thanks.
Animatore, please state your opinion and add more information to the description above in case I ve missed something.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #101479 by animatore
Replied by animatore on topic Re: Question
my only mistake in this situation that we should not have written that I also used the tactic but I ve taken for granted that you saw the pre-game operations that I was doing and saw that you had made ​​the same choice to play with tactic cj! You did not see my choice but you could have not seen what I wrote! The game was played in full and when I went to remove the tactics in your home match I asked if I could use a second time! I m sorry but I think the match was valid for 4 - 1 for me! are an honest player, I do not use tricks to win! any decision is taken I will not play the replay! Sorry for any translation errors
More
12 years 11 months ago #101480 by Marin Parushev
Replied by Marin Parushev on topic Re: Question
It sounds illogical that I would see you using custom tactic and I would not use. For me that doesn t make sense.
Before the second game I told you that you can use whatever tactic you want since I was using custom tactic in it.
And I don t think that what you did was a trick to help you win. You are a good player and you simply don t need tricks.
More
12 years 11 months ago #101489 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: Question
In my eyes you both make a mistake.

Animatore didn t say that he will use custom tactic, thatis IMO mandatory!

And Marin didn t look at the properties his opponent makes. That happen sometimes.

I am only the league manager, not an admin, but i would say: You both must replay the game, because of the mistake from Animatore not to say that he uses custom in his home game. This would be fair!

This is only my opinion!
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #101490 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Question

it turned out that he was using custom tactic all the first game which I did not notice.

let me get this straight, in the pre-game options screens animatore went through the tactics screen and selected a custom tactic but you didn t notice and you re now complaining that he didn t warn you with a single, tiny line of text that disappears after about 5 seconds and that is twice as likely to go unnoticed?

In my humble opinion you should be blaming yourself for not paying attention to your opponent s moves and settings prior to the match instead of bringing this up to the Arbitral Tribunal, come on now.

You might be thinking that the custom tactic or rather, lack thereof, skewed the result but dude, that s ENTIRELY your fault for not taking advantage of it (I just think that custom tactics are lame to begin with but that s whole different can of beans).

Either way you re the reigning World Champion, stay classy. ;)

Animatore didn t say that he will use custom tactic, thatis IMO mandatory

And Marin didn t look at the properties his opponent makes. That happen sometimes.

Alright mate but what s more noticeable?

The tiny line of text in the corner of the screen which fades away within seconds or the menu selections?

I mean, it s not like the custom tactic selection process was purposely HIDDEN to Marin and animatore refused to disclose its usage, the whole thing took place right before Marin s eyes, it s not animatore s fault if he wasn t paying attention. :)
More
12 years 11 months ago #101491 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Question
I don t want to say anything about the specific case, but generally a proposal for a (new?) rule:

If somebody wants to use custom tactic he must say that, and the other part had to confirm that. If the opponent not say: OK (or Acknowledge or something like this) he must retold that. Simple but, can work.
More
12 years 11 months ago #101494 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: Question
@ Retri If i write in game, that i will play with tactic, i prefer an answer from my opponent. If we didn t talk together, we can play vs. CPU. Where is the problem to write: Ok or Me too ? If Animatore would have done so, we hadn t any problem now!

If a player load a custom tactic, it s not automatically selected! And i can only talk about me, but i didn t look the whole time how the opponent change the players. Select the custom tactic and press on Play now is done in a second.

And here is no discussion how long the chat line lasts in the corner! If i said nothing, no chat line wil be there...
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #101496 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Question
yeah mate I get what you mean and partially agree but unless I m mistaken, whereas using a custom tactic is a home player right, whether the away player is allowed to use it or not is dependant on the home player s choice...so if you re the away player you kinda have to pay attention regardless and if in doubt you could always halt the match setting-up process and explicitly ask your opponent.

to me it just looks like animatore exercised his right to use the custom tactic during his home match (a custom tactic his opponent loaded so Marin was fully aware it was available at the time) and then assumed Marin didn t want to use one because at that point the choice was entirely up to him (to address Marin s previous statement, for instance, I ve never used custom tactics in Super ASL...ever, neither in my home matches, nor when my opponent was using one, so yes, it s more likely than you think) :)

Marin should ve just paid attention and animatore has no responsabilities whatsoever in all this unless there s a rule stating that custom tactics usage has to be declared in the in-game chat upon joining a game (is there?).
More
12 years 11 months ago #101498 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Question
Were the games fair and the results fine realistic?
If yes, close this case and aim for a better communication next time.

Alright?
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #101502 by animatore
Replied by animatore on topic Re: Question
matches were played in a fair and correct! I have not used any advantage cause I assumed that you could see I was using that tactic in the home match! your distraction during long operations pre-games can not cause a replay of a clear defeat! I m sorry marin, I respect you as a player but you defeat in the field correctly! ;) bye
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds