Some work, some just rip off...

More
7 years 11 months ago #133295 by Playaveli

Well if he s being such an a****** about it, and is lying about making the gfx himself, and SWOS is still under copyright, shouldn t be too difficult to have him sent a cease and desist?

Just use link in first post to report him to eBay!
;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133296 by higgipoker
What are we reporting, technically? I mean, you have to be careful as false reports of this kind can be illegal.

Doesn t the copyright holder have to make the report? In this case Codemasters?

More
7 years 11 months ago #133297 by higgipoker
Also, maybe we should let his customers know on Facebook that these updates have been made freely available for years by the lovely people here.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133298 by Playaveli
Like this!
Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133300 by higgipoker
I was looking at his screenshots and his gfx mods don t look like any other screenshots I could find.

Would be useful if someone could grab some in-game screens so we could post them side by side and prove he s stealing stuff.

I m also tempted to buy it form him to do a comparison of the data. Will be able to prove that he s just stolen other people s data edits.

Codemasters don t seem to give a shit about sensible soccer, so I m more concerned about him pissing off this community :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133301 by Bomb
I wonder if it even would run....

the whole ebay offer and setup description seem to be untrustworthy imo...

... Fully supports all USB joy-pads tested with ps3 and Xbox 360 pad if it doesn t try the swos ++ to calibrate pad

Win XP Win 7/8 and now fully 8.1 10 Compatible Please Tell me What Windows Your Running before Purchase Buy With Confidence 100 Percent and always offer fully technical support on the product make swos come back and join the swos community on swos 16 Facebook page so you will get loads of in game support and updates from other members facebook please like page :-) ...

no commata, no points is hard to read (really thought its a bot at beginning :P ) - and what the hell he means with swos ++ ... ^^

More
7 years 11 months ago #133302 by higgipoker
Well his feedback, at least, seems to suggest his package works fine. Like I said before, I think it s fine to offer a package like this for sale, it also includes post sale support to make sure people can run the game.

This, in principle, I have no problems with.

The problem is that even Joh Hare wasn t allowed to use the name, so this guy shouldn t be able to use it either. That, and if he s taken data and gfx (yet to be demonstrated) from creators who specifically do not want their work used for commercial purposes.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133305 by Playaveli

so I m more concerned about him pissing off this community :)

Look at this Facebook page. Cover pictures from SWOS 16/17 -- stolen! And posted like it was his own.
He is selling swos with ++extension. This extension was written by Zlatko Karakas, for the community! And he is making money with it...

So still concerned? Or rather assured?

More
7 years 11 months ago #133306 by atilla
Ok guys

related to that dude about selling swos on ebay

try to get some info from him

used one fake fb account
prntscr.com/b2qqvg

More
7 years 11 months ago #133307 by Rock and Roll
Good work guys...maybe report his Facebook page too????
Or post something about his ripping off e.g. SWOS++ ??

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds