Reddit

More
5 years 1 month ago #141140 by lukasroar
Reddit was created by lukasroar
Hello there!

Would anyone be interested in joining the Sensible Soccer Reddit community?

I m not asking anyone to jump ship (it seems like you have an amazingly dedicated community to SWOS on here, which I ve literally only just discovered and signed up) but if any of you are Redditors and fancy trying to spark some life into a dormant sub, then we d love to have you over there.

I ll be honest, at current it s pretty much dead. I ve been looking for a site to discuss my love for the beautiful game with other folks who feel as passionate about it as I do.

However looking at this site, I d be tempted to become a regular here.

Can I ask, is this community SWOS exclusively? As I played the Mega Drive version (European Champions).

I did own SWOS and SWOS 98 on the PC but struggled using the keyboard (it was the 90 s and my parents and I were clueless on how to set up a controller). I was definitely more of a console gamer and the Mega Drive edition ticked all the right boxes for me.

Am I right in thinking that PC SWOS only had one button? I remember the only button being Kick whereas the Mega Drive had both pass and shoot. As a kid I couldn t get my head around just one button, it seemed like a step back. Although I loved the enhanced editor, kit design and management aspects, I d have killed for that on the Mega Drive.

Last question, Is there anyway to play the Mega Drive version online?

Anyway, I ve rambled long enough. I m just a thirty something year old guy who owes his childhood to this game and has never really let go.

If any of you do fancy joining me on www.reddit.com/r/sensiblesoccer it would be great to see you there.
Or just message me on here, I d love to hear some of your stories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #141144 by BOCo23
Replied by BOCo23 on topic Re: Reddit
Hi lukasroar!

We have community on Discord. Join us there.

Here is the link: discord.gg/K5zPcx3

More
5 years 1 month ago #141145 by lukasroar
Replied by lukasroar on topic Re: Reddit
Cheers

Is Discord audio only? I don t have a Desktop/Laptop or any headsets to join in.

Was looking for something more text based? I guess this forum is probably my best bet.

Got a load of questions I d love to ask fellow Sensible users.

More
5 years 1 month ago #141146 by BOCo23
Replied by BOCo23 on topic Re: Reddit
Discord is not only audio, you can also send text messages.

You have Windows, Linux, Android and iOS versions.

All here: discordapp.com/download

More
5 years 1 month ago #141148 by lukasroar
Cheers, I might give it a download on my phone when I get in.

I m just looking to chat about certain aspects of Sensible Soccer and how other people go in to it, what is their story.

Mine is so involved growing up that I just wanted to see if anyone else had an experience like mine.

I ve just posted about in the SWOS Related tab, so I m hoping people get in touch to talk about it.

I ve recently recreated every single one of my friends teams onto PES 2018, including a load of Custom Teams (Sensible XI, Christmas City) that I ve recreated badges and kits for.

I m aware this is colossally sad but if anyone would understand my love for this game then I thought it would be this forum lol.

More
5 years 1 month ago #141149 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Reddit
Hi lukasroar!

First of all, welcome around here and thanks for your input.
I will go in medias res directly:

Would anyone be interested in joining the Sensible Soccer Reddit community?

I m not asking anyone to jump ship (it seems like you have an amazingly dedicated community to SWOS on here, which I ve literally only just discovered and signed up) but if any of you are Redditors and fancy trying to spark some life into a dormant sub, then we d love to have you over there.

I ll be honest, at current it s pretty much dead. I ve been looking for a site to discuss my love for the beautiful game with other folks who feel as passionate about it as I do.

Reddit can never be an option for this community, and never replace this forum.
I clicked on this reddit link, and closed the site after 1 min.
Main reason:
- It s an unsorted mess!
- It s not in our control!

This forum is like a well sorted library and fountain of knowledge about the game, brand, and its versions.
It s been here since 15 years... Reddit won t even exist in 15 years anymore because the industry will tell people to use something different. Throw-away-commercial!

Looking for PC / Technical info / career cheats? Just go the respective shelf in this library and have a read.
It s just that (too many) people nowadays are too lazy to go to a library. But that s not our fault.

Can I ask, is this community SWOS exclusively? As I played the Mega Drive version (European Champions).

Hm, seems like you haven t been to a library recently, either... :P

www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?action=search
Search for sega megadrive

I did own SWOS and SWOS 98 on the PC but struggled using the keyboard (it was the 90 s and my parents and I were clueless on how to set up a controller). I was definitely more of a console gamer and the Mega Drive edition ticked all the right boxes for me.

Am I right in thinking that PC SWOS only had one button? I remember the only button being Kick whereas the Mega Drive had both pass and shoot.

About SWOS and it s gameplay and controls, this might interest you:
drive.google.com/file/d/1lygamnMnN2YyiNY1N2QWqTIuGTJ2YwM2/view

More
5 years 1 month ago #141150 by lukasroar
Thanks for your reply.

I never intended to insinuate that Reddit could/would ever replace what you ve created here, which is amazing by the way.

I just wondered if there was any existing Redditors on here who fancied adding to the convo that s all.
I thought that I was quite clear about that as not to step on any toes, but maybe not.

Oh the Reddit page is most certainly a mess, I only recently joined and was just looking for people to chat about the beautiful game.

In regards to asking questions, I hadn t spotted the search bar. I should have had a proper look around the site before asking, I apologise.
It s like in real life when you ask a question, sometimes the answer you get is Google It .
I m aware I can do that but I would just prefer to ask, get an answer and hopefully spark up a chat.

Thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #141151 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Reddit
Don t worry, didn t take it as a step on toes whatsoever... it s all cool! ;)

Also, I like when people ask questions about the game. Keep doing it! 8)

Despite the reasons vs. reddit, it s still cool to see Sensible Soccer on there... good advertisement!
How about posting about the forthcoming World Cup of SWOS on reddit?
sensiblesoccer.de/tournaments/sensibledays-19/
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26926.0

More
5 years 1 month ago #141152 by lukasroar
:) glad to hear, thanks for replying.

I should have thought my words through a little more, especially going on a forum as a newbie and asking people to join another one :-[

It s so cool to see such an active community of a game I hold so close to my heart.

I wish I had a PC to join in and play, after taking a look around I ve even noticed that it s even possible to play the Mega Drive version online too!

Have you ever had any of the original developers on here taking questions, Ask Me Anything style?

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds