Interview with Pallister

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #45835 by HairFU
I nearly changed my residence to the appartement of his parents

On Saturday the Central Germany Cup starts. In consideration of this fact I have made an interview with Pallister, offline freak and host of the tournament.

Thanks for joining this interview.

Huhu! Greetz to all readers :D . I´m very happy about this Interview and I try to answer grammatically correct...

You´re playing a lot of FLOTs and FriendlyLeagues/-Cups and you occasionally reject a request for some matches. What does SWOS means to you?

Well, SWOS is a game like any other...nothing special. Oh wait, noone would believe this ;D . Seriously, SWOS is THE game for me. No other game satisfied me so long (and still). The hundreds of possibilities with many variations, the unbelievable speed compared to other games like FIFA or PES...all of this is fascinating me since years and it still does. SWOS is unreachable IMO. 8 directions and 1 Button...what do you need more ;)

To FLOTs and FriednlyLeagues/-Cups: Without this maybe 1000s of matches I won´t be there where I am now in my SWOS-Skills. I only can give anyone the advice...play FLOTs with weak teams. You will exceedingly improve your creativity with playing them. At this point a BIG THX to Rijntje (Godfather of establishing the Friendlyleagues) and to Daimaou and xflea...I´m very happy that u´re part of this community, keep up the good work, m8s ;)

What do you think about the SWOS community in general and their evolution in the last years?

Yeaux, that is what satisfies me most especially in the Offline section. The moment as I arrived on ss.de it was an online game for me. Great to see, but online. But the Offline-section on ss.de hits my eyes immediately. In the beginning I was a bit shy and I needed 3 months to talk to Admins about an OfflineCup. So the first MD-Cup tooks place in December 2006. Sure, only 6 players were there, but I said to myself: Keep it up, and do it again. One day a few more guys will come! And now watch the offline tourneys in the past 1,5 years...damn great!!!
It´s great to see that more and more players meet to play offline, and the way they respect and treat each other is without any example I think...just great! The whole Community can be proud of it ;)
And btw...it´s unbelievable to see how extremely high the skill level became here. I have huge respect for this performance...

Closely u missed your 2nd German Championship this month, but gradually you establish yourself in the Top 3 in the DSL. What do you think about your personal evolution ?

Well, that´s really a great thing for me. One Years ago unthinkable about such a success and that I can bother Playaveli and Redhair that way. Btw...the DSL is the strongest league IMO. Very hard to bite through ;D And the last seasons were always very very close, a real Highlight with lot of Adrenalin from the first to the last match.

Besides SWOS we can see your passion for Retrogames (for example the a href= forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=3540.0 Amiga ScreenshotQuiz /a ). When was your first Contact with computergames?

Uh oh...hmmm...I have to lie, but I think I played on my best friend Dotterbart´s Amiga the first games in 1990. I nearly changed my residence to the appartement of his parents ;D
But there is no more space/timer for other games now. But it´s really nice for me to see the good old classics, especially the reviews are great to read for me.
On and off I play my favorite games like Giana Sisters, Icehockeymanager, Dynablaster or Lotus 2. But i´m not that active in other games...

On Saturday the a href= forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=5317.new#new MitteldeutschlandCup /a starts in his 3rd Edition. Can u tell us what we can expect there and how u plan and organize such an event?

Yiiiieh...the MD-Cup. My 3rd baby. First of all I have to say that I´m very proud that we have so much participants this year with players from Poland, Denmark, Holland, Turkey (Aliciq, but lives in NED). Not to forget my friend Lobo (POL) from England. I mean...there are players coming to a foreign country by car or and plane to play a 12 years old game on even older Computers ;D Years ago a big dream, unthinkable. And now? To experience this because of ss.de and the passion to the game is simply fantastic and the best Part of SWOS without any doubts.
The organizing is cool. The location is directly beneath my house, that makes things easier. Sleeping places could be a problem yes, but the guys will surely manage it to sleep on the floor for two nights hehe. I have enough Hardware and Wänä brings his machine too ;D And for PC SWOS our friends from the Eiffelcrew and Playaveli bring some stuff.
And what u can expect? A good organised and high leveled tournament with great guys, a lot of fun and SWOS pure. Emotions, dramatic matches and a lot of cheering. OFFLINE RULEZ....you will see it live this weekend, and the community will see it in the pics. I promise ;)

Seeing you so often online I asked myself, what do you do when your Computer is off?

I turn my Amiga on or I sleep ;D

What can we expect from you in the future?

A lot...and that´s a menace :D . I´ll start again my ADF-Cup series online as soon as my huge project CTWC is finished. A few other ideas for online events are there too. And I´ll visit some more Offline tourneys this year. And hopefully I can finally win a title since more than 1 year! And I think about some music stuff related to SWOS ;) Furthermore I want to activate the Hardware Section in our Fleamarket on ss.de with Amigas and accessories for them. Because to play SWOS on Amiga is the real thing ;D

Thx for this Interview, Pallister.

I thank u too and want to greet our wonderful community. Without you all SWOS wouldn´t be the same these days...
And finally let me say one word to our Admins: athousandthanksforyourworkandallyoursupportinthelast18months!!! ;D

SWOS OWNS!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45907 by romaneq
Without any doubt this guy is crazy.;D Great interview HairFU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds