Wehre is evryone?

More
13 years 4 months ago #93341 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?

About frightening new players:
- Every new player needs someone who helps him. Those are mostly our most distinguished users (gentle guys like Rock, xflea, dzem etc etc.), or an admin. And I am sure all of them are telling new players not to worry about loosing etc etc.
- If I introduce a new player I always take Once Lobos or any other inferior team!

I am not exactly speaking about frightening, but be frighten. Yes, they need help. And my point is: they need more. Organised help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93342 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?

Yes, they need help. And my point is: they need more.

They get ALL the help they need:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/guide/full_guide.html (...and the PDF ones)

Plus, there are tutorials for almost everything in many languages in the specific forums if someone has problems with English:
www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?board=59.0
There are 16 (!!!!) supported languages. That s absolutely brilliant if you ask me.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93343 by dimetrodon
As I see, they need other type of help also. This is a very detailed help about technical things. But I basically don t speak about technical things.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93344 by Playaveli

As I see, they need other type of help also. This is a very detailed help about technical things. But I basically don t speak about technical things.

I am sure that every new player who joins the chat and plays his first games gets all the advices needed ( Don t worry about loosing , you will learn soon , everybody starts with defeats etc etc.). But I am unwilling to be sort of a babysitter which I sort of would be. A little bit of self-initiative is just what I (and I guess everyone else) am allowed to demand from new users.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93345 by dimetrodon

But I am unwilling to be sort of a babysitter which I sort of would be. A little bit of self-initiative is just what I (and I guess everyone else) am allowed to demand from new users.

I am very sorry you are unwilling to be a babysitter, because my point was exactly: Please Playaveli be the babysitter of the new players.

I absolutely don t understand why you reacting like this. I just hope my point was not so unclear...

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93346 by Playaveli

I just hope my point was not so unclear...

It was very unclear. You just said what you are not talking about ( technical things !).
Sorry!
To repeat it:
- Newbies get all the technical help they need!
- Newbies get all the personal help they need! (quotes like early defeats are normal ... etc etc etc.)

But if they decide to leave this place anyway, we cannot help them.
I admire new users like you. You are definetely a role model. And you don t need a babysitter!

PS: Babysitter is a metaphor in German language. Maybe you didn t understand it correctly.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93349 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?
In this community you get more hints and help as you get in any other online match.

Try Fifa or something like that....you will loose over and over in the beginning. That is a normal thing if you start online-playing!

All we can do, we will do! We have really great TUT s and everytime guys in the chatroom who are willing to introduce new players.

I confirm total with Playaveli. The most players who will start play online are adults and i don t think that we need a Kindergarten for adults here ;)

Greetz

More
13 years 4 months ago #93350 by dimetrodon
My point is: Many newbie found very hard and not enjoyable to play here first. (And this is even more harder with some technical and/or langue problems). I think if it is a goal to have more new players to stay, something is has to be done. My proposal was an incubator area, maybe there might be another solutions.

I understand that if an experienced player have done many things for the community, and to become better player, and done many help for the newbies, do not want to make more and more things for another newbie, for who maybe come and go, and for a newbie who maybe won t put so much effort himself.

Maybe an organized newbie area where a new player can win some games (I think this is an important factor), would be just enough for some to get the motivation to stay, and put more effort to the game (considering practicing, loosing many games against better opponents, learn all the technical and administrative things).

It just an idea, maybe not a good one, but have reason.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93351 by dimetrodon

i don t think that we need a Kindergarten for adults here ;)

The questions are:
Is it a problem, that many new players just come and go? (I think yes, this is problem because of different reasons.)
And if it is a problem, want we do something?

Or just state: Let s all be adults! (Maybe a T-shirt with Be adult! would be a solution. ;) )

In every (recreational) sports there are many initiative to facilitate new ones to start. Maybe in other online communities it is even harder, for me it is not enough reason. I can also say, the question is: Will the SWOS community growing/constant or shrinking, will enough new player join, or not?

More
13 years 4 months ago #93352 by Playaveli

The questions are:
Is it a problem, that many new players just come and go? (I think yes, this is problem because of different reasons.)

I don t think it s a problem.
It s completely normal that people come and go.
That s just reality and nothing stranger to any gaming community. Nowadays people are bored easily. Try this, try that, go here, go there. It s normal!

We do everything we can already, and that for many many years. The prove is right here, in this website and this forum. It s still alive.
If you want to be sort of a newbie-captain, just let me know. I give you admin-rights to start tournaments and write webnews etc etc... Good luck with it!

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds