ISSA vs. SSDE Clash, March, 10th >>> betting-shop

More
17 years 2 months ago #16491 by Gunde
I know that Djowger participated in the last issa tournament.. I think he was beaten in the 1/8 finals... So ask him how good the issa people are.. but of what he told me, they were very good..

I like the ss.de community a lot, but im danish so therefore my vote is forthe issa people.. ;D
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 2 months ago #16492 by Coolio_Jack
Probavly Djowger didnt had much pc swos experience, playa dont have that problem :)
More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16493 by Junior

I m sure that the online community is very advanced, but Peter and Rasmus way of playing is not represented by anyone in the online world.

Hm, dont be so sure of this :)

Anyway, im curious, have u ever met some of our danish online players?

Obviously, I don t know every style in the online world. But I am pretty sure about his. I m not revealing any details here, but the Rasmus/Peter-school is very unique and has its own sophisticated style. I could go into details here, but I won t.

I know that Sensible Days 2004 is a long time ago, but don t forget that the ISSA players took 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place.
the only players back then that were better than us was Obi-Wan and Greg. And our achievements were greatly influenced by the five minute matches (for example, I was ahead with 3 goals against Obi-Wan, but the endless game made the events turn). Peter was the only player to kick Greg s ass back then. It s a long time ago and a lot has happened both in the online world and in ISSA, but even back then I think we showed that an offline community like ISSA has the capacity and skills to compete with an online community.

Let s see what happens on March 10...
More
17 years 2 months ago #16494 by Junior
@ Gunde

What about dropping by the tournament? I mean, you live in Copenhagen. You should be part of the community!
More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16497 by Redhair

Obviously, I don t know every style in the online world. But I am pretty sure about his. I m not revealing any details here, but the Rasmus/Peter-school is very unique and has its own sophisticated style. I could go into details here, but I won t.

I know that Sensible Days 2004 is a long time ago, but don t forget that the ISSA players took 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place.
the only players back then that were better than us was Obi-Wan and Greg. And our achievements were greatly influenced by the five minute matches (for example, I was ahead with 3 goals against Obi-Wan, but the endless game made the events turn). Peter was the only player to kick Greg s ass back then. It s a long time ago and a lot has happened both in the online world and in ISSA, but even back then I think we showed that an offline community like ISSA has the capacity and skills to compete with an online community.

[glow=red,2,300] Online World [/glow]
I can say that playing online or offline makes not much difference (if there is no lag). 2004 there was only SEGA, it was like a kiddie-game, it was fun but nothing more, not a bit comparable to the Offline World . But now we play SWOS. But hey, Amiga! Amiga is the king and if you are the king of Amiga you are the king of SWOS. PC is too easy, you can easily change from Amiga to PC. The other way is much more difficult.

If I compare the level of todays online community with the level of 2004 we played offline, it s like I compare a bicylcle with a Ferrari! And if you think you can equal your ISSA with the rest of Europe playing online, you live in the past. If I try to be optimistic: you have not more than 4 players who could reach the Top 30 in Europe s online ranking, not to mention Coolio_Jack. OK, one thing is PC, the other Amiga, but Amiga is more selective and changing to PC gameplay is a child s play.

I have a big respect to ISSA, but you are cocky.

Obi-Wan? Hehehe, who is that man? To be honest: Obi-Wan is a good player, but he never had comparable opponents until 2004, that s why he was on place 1.

Let me see it realistic: There are some excellent top talents in the world, some of them are Mlata, Playaveli, Greg and Rasmus, for example! But that s only the base and this is no more enough to get the level of SWOS evolution in our community!!
More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16501 by Playaveli
I will only comment on a few issues, because the other things will clear up by themselves on 10th of march.

I m sure that the online community is very advanced, but Peter and Rasmus way of playing is not represented by anyone in the online world.

Sören, if you would play 2 or 3 month Amiga online (against the likes of Coolio and other ASL players with freaked out styles and tactics) you had a different opinion.
Of course, I have not seen Peter and Rasmus, but since SWOS is playable online it has been explored to the fullest. There is nothing what is able to surprise me (that doesn t mean I cannot be beaten)...
Anyway, I am looking forward to play against ISSA s stars. And be sure, I am the happiest person in loosing 0-5 against Peter and Rasmus if they can show me something new in SWOS...

Both Peter and Rasmus will be playing with the home advantage.

What home advantage? I feel at home on any PC with SWOS installed and my Gravis pad connected. ;)

It s completely unheard of that the Best does not defend his title! Please take note of that, Playa. I m not kidding.

IF, only IF, I win your tournament I think you have to come to the Sensible Days to get your title back! ;) Fair enough... hehe!

PS: A miracle in 2004 and 2005, goals with standing headers now happen every day! I think this sums it up.

--- www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=sensiblesoccer Watch and learn...
More
17 years 2 months ago #16521 by Junior
I like this thread a lot. This is a very interesting discussion for me. I m not gonna argue against any of Redhair s points they re all very interesting. As the chairman of ISSA I ve been too slow to make ISSA part of the online community. The reasons for this lies in our community s tradition. It s always been essential for us to meet and gather around the game together.
Personally, I ve been very slow to start my online SWOS career. It hasn t been a deliberate choice for me, but more a neclegt that comes from a lot of different logistical matters that I m not gonna elaberate on. I will soon being active online and I look very much forward to experiencing it. I m very excited about the Xbox version that is supposed to hit the streets this summer.

Anyway, I would love to see the players of ISSA start playing online. We re having a training tournament on thursday celebrating our 8-years anniversary. I will definitely try to encourage the other players and start making an initiative so ISSA can also be represented in the online SWOS battle.

@ Playavelli
if you win. I ll come to Sensible Days and bring a handful of the ISSA posse with me. But then you ll have to guarantee that you ll defend the title next tournament!
Do we have deal?
More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16540 by Playaveli

@ Playavelli
if you win. I ll come to Sensible Days and bring a handful of the ISSA posse with me. But then you ll have to guarantee that you ll defend the title next tournament!
Do we have deal?

Handshake! Deal agreed!

But you know about my personal situation. Like this time, the date has to be right and PLEASE, announced much earlier.

---

It would be very cool to have the ISSA players playing online. But I hope they have a fighting spirit and won t give up after the first 10 matches. They are all PC SWOS players as I prosume and Amiga is... well, a hardcore version, the SWOS-Ferrari! I can only quote Redhair. Changing from Amiga to PC is easy, but from PC to Amiga is really a tough challange in the beginning.

PS: About Rasmus and Peter you said:

I don t think that Playaveli willl be able to win against any of them.

I may remind you that Peter did not kick Greg s ass...He was chanceless:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_bilanz tid=15 uid=640

And Rasmus lost against 5 different players:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_bilanz tid=15 uid=401

As this happened in 2004 I see no reason why I should be total chanceless in 2007...
More
17 years 2 months ago #16543 by LIK
If you want interesting matches alow playaveli only to use one hand :P
More
17 years 2 months ago #16548 by Kasper Kring
my vote goes to my brother, but i really think that i am going to win. well, not really.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds