Re: Will you play SWOS07!?

More
16 years 9 months ago #22319 by Playaveli

As it was not comfortable and stable to run programs games on Win98 after 2002-2003 instead on WinXP

ARGH...don t remind me of that. I can only think of PC SWOS on that matter...BRRR! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22329 by Stromberg
www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/91885

Interesting article in a german IT news magazine about this issue. Translation of the first part:

The hackergroup Razor1911 published a crack which allows the Vista-games Halo2 and Shadowrun to be played with Windows XP. The games check if DirectX 10 is available (that is only on Vista) which Razor1911 managed to bypass with a specific game loader tool. Further some files had to be exchanged after the installation. As both games use the only at Vista available Windows Live system you can only play local on your Windows XP machine and cannot participate in online games.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22359 by swoozh
Replied by swoozh on topic Re: Will you play SWOS07!?

Vista is shit.
Codemaster write that new SWOS will be support on old SWOS, so ... Why will be work only for Vista ?

When did make SWOS for Unix system?

word, would be awesome to play swos on a unix based system, so I can play it on my mac also :D

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22364 by Stromberg
Slightly offttopic, but you can run it on linux at least ( www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0021989/swos/SWOSonLinux.png - Ubuntu 7.04)

Still its double emulated (linux emulates windows emulates amiga) and works only 100% if you play in a window on the upper left corner. Full-Screen works too but you have to kill WinUAE with the console afterwards, coz it can t popup the menu with F12.

If you dont play online then you can ofc use the Linux version of UAE which should work way better.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22373 by Tomplus
Replied by Tomplus on topic Re: Will you play SWOS07!?
yes last 3 post is OffTopic - Moderators pleasy cut create new topic.

SWOS - I no precision. I did know how execute emulator for AmigaSWOS, but me depends in PC SWOS. (I know about Wine.)

but ... it s a pity Codemaster begin cooperations from Microsoft. This is primary lack !

More
16 years 9 months ago #22395 by Cobrakid
Replied by Cobrakid on topic Re: Will you play SWOS07!?
I will try it on the X360 - I own this console and I can understand people who don t want / are not able to buy one just for Sensi. I just want a good soccer game on that console and FIFA 07 sucks as much as PES6 version for 360 does. But I hope to set up online leagues and cups here on ss.de too.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22399 by atheista
Replied by atheista on topic Re: Will you play SWOS07!?
I will play it on Vista. Have no money to buy XBox 360 and this comes quite cheap. If the online code works good enough, I presume we ll switch to SWOS 07 online play. But no, I don t want to do it if Playa or Red don t do it oficially. This community is by far more important then new SWOS release.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22816 by Playaveli
Thanks for all your votes. Really interesting results.

Btw, I will play SWOS07 on Xbox360 right from the day when it s launched and later on Vista (selling Xbox again after Vista version is available).
I really hope the cross-over (Xbox versus Vista online) will be possible. That would be the best thing about the whole release.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22822 by Cobrakid
Replied by Cobrakid on topic Re: Will you play SWOS07!?
Short question - I m also following the discussions in the Codemasters forum but I don t have an account there (yes I m just too lazy) ...I noticed in the report of an open day visitor that also online leagues and cups can be played...I thought that only friendlies will be possible. It would be great if Codemasters could include a screenshot function to save final-tables to the x360 hard-disk. Would be great to remember great tournaments. Even better would be a full tournament export file that you could open in the games offline mode...this way we would be able to transfer all results to rebuild the correct table even on sensiblesoccer.de. (also records of goalscorers would be possible)

If somebody is thinking that this is a nice idea he can post it in their forum...I know there is not a great chance they will take care of it but you never know. ;)

More
16 years 9 months ago #22824 by Playaveli

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds