Re: SWOS Tragic moments

More
15 years 4 months ago #54689 by daimaou
SWOS Tragic moments was created by daimaou
Since we have a favourite highlights thread, I thought something like this might also be interesting to have after my last night events :)
Yesterday night I had my worst and most unbelievable moment ever on this game I believe. I played my last 4 portuguese league matches, I won first 3 and then I got to the last match needing only a draw versus Ryan to win the title. We played a nice game (I was a bit nervous of course) and I was down by 3-4 at 68 then the fatal moment came. Penalty for me, my striker injured. I was going to change him, but since he wasn t the one going to shoot the penalty I thought, let me score first and then I make the change. So I shoot... keeper saves it(!!!), worst than that quick counter attack and I take the 3-5... this totally killed me, I couldn t react, still made the 4-5, but was too late for anything else :(
What are the chances of missing a penalty with a top striker? And that happening on such a decisive match? Damn what a bad luck.

I always take my defeats well, I had many unlucky matches before, I even lost a portuguese cup by 3-2 when I was leading 2-0 till the last 15 mins. or so, but this one was really frustating and I m sure I will remember it forever just like I will never forget that penalty missed by Veloso on the unfortunate 1988 European Champions Club s Cup final of Benfica vs PSV.

On a positive side at least this league was a great thrill, too bad it ended in such a dramatic way for me. It will be hard for me to get back on my feet after this.

If anyone has some similar moments please post here, this game is not only made of good ones :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #54698 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments
Oh Man, that hurts i guess... but still its all beauty of sport and SWOS here... Wish You many luck in next month!

More
15 years 4 months ago #54742 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments

What are the chances of missing a penalty with a top striker? And that happening on such a decisive match? Damn what a bad luck.

Hehe, ask Coolio how he felt on Sensi Days 2007 versus Redhair in the round of last 16 (PC)... in the 90th min! ;D

More
15 years 4 months ago #54745 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments

Hehe, ask Coolio how he felt on Sensi Days 2007 versus Redhair in the round of last 16 (PC)... in the 90th min! ;D

I was cool about it ofcourse, im not Coolio for no reason...

More
15 years 4 months ago #54746 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments
Ok then.

Ask Pallister about own goal in CGC ;D

More
15 years 4 months ago #54748 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments

The sweat running down your forehead told a different story. And your T-Shirt s shoulder parts must be ripped into pieces.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #54749 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments
LOL

I can imagine Coolio s coolness on that moment ;)

Problem I see with penalties is that they are totally random. Would be nice if we could at least choose the side to where the keeper should jump.

More
15 years 4 months ago #54751 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments

The sweat running down your forehead told a different story. And your T-Shirt s shoulder parts must be ripped into pieces.

Yes, i was so nervous that i scored in my first attack in extra time. 8)

More
15 years 4 months ago #54798 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: SWOS Tragic moments

Ok then.

Ask Pallister about own goal in CGC ;D

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds