Name of this joystick?

More
14 years 2 months ago #82358 by djowGer
hey guys. going through my old amiga stuff the other day i found this joystick, which i used for a keypad production unfortunately a while back. This one has an exellent grip, and springs for microswitches, but due to its condition it is probably unfixable. :-X

weird thing is that it has no name on it, no brand, no nothing, only a pat. no. So maybe some of you know this joystick by name, as i would like to find a new one on ebay. 8)

Go have a look at the photos.

more here: picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/Joystick#

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #82369 by Playaveli
That s a quickshot. You find them easily on ebay.
Lobo plays the version with round fire button.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #82374 by Retrieving
doesn t look like a Quickshot Apache/Python to me, more like a knock-off of sorts.

A pretty cool one though, nice find.

More
14 years 2 months ago #82375 by Playaveli
Yes, doesn t seem to be a proper Python. More like a noname-company product.
Anyway, here are some:

CLICK
CLICK

More
14 years 2 months ago #82378 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Name of this joystick?
The QS-131 which Lindholm/Klaris/Lobo.... uses is just great, but they usually don t last that long in the hands of sensible player :). If this was a QS or a SIGMA/Technoplus copy i think i would know it, and it would most likely have the name printed on it also.

This dart-wader-like-clone is not the case unfortunately. I do recall the thumb button to have an auto fire switch like the ones playa linked to.

I think you re right Retri, but would be really cool to know who made it though. I don t recall having seen a similar copy on ebay ever. Have you?

Coming to think of it, one of the joysticks i destroyed for making the keypads had this following inscription on the cable. I guess you could call that a kind of lead ;D

Will try my friend google and the danish Amiga forums.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds