Re: Sep 2010 Update - 2010-11 + Legends + 96/97 / Online / Easy Installer

More
13 years 2 months ago #95641 by regjames
Ignore my last post, its working now!

still wanna know this one though.....

started a new career as manager of a second division english side. Has anyone found any bargain players, wanna buy a cheap striker whos fast and scores alot! In the older version Emile Mpenza at Plymouth Argyle was great and i need to find someone similar!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #95645 by Synchronated
The algorithm for importing players from FM and FIFA doesn t currently throw up skill values that can be searched using that feature. Players are no less skillful but the (misleading anyway; it would highlight a 11, 12 or 13 but not a 7, and the 7 would be much better) search-by-skills thing won t work. That would also only search through the small number of players actually on the market anyway.

As for cheapish players with good pace and finishing, try
David Goodwillie (Dundee United) £950k
Nicky Maynard (Bristol City) £1m
Yanis Tafer (Toulouse) £850k
Sami Allagui (Mainz) £800k
Caleb Folan (Hull) £750k
Among many others :)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #95647 by ro32x
Thanks for the explanation.

I did a foreign transfer search for [attackers] and [any], and it found the following 4 players:

but narrowing down the search by speed brought NO results, even though FETAI has speed 6 as his main attribute:

So if his speed was 12, it might have shown him then.

I m currently trying to work out how to get all the latest 2010-11 player names into a excel spreadsheet, then hopefully i ll be a able to come up with a tool for searching for players with the specific attributes you need.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #95649 by Synchronated
If his speed were 12, it would ve shown him, but he would ve actually been much slower.
If his speed were 14, it would ve shown him and he would ve been the same speed as he currently is.
Using this by way of example, the algorithm for calculating skills throws out 14 for speed, but the method for importing into SWOS data files (utilising an unfinished SWOES build kindly made for this purpose by Whiteulver) only allows attributes from 0-7. He is just as fast - a 6 is the same as a 14 - but the search thing doesn t show him up, that s all.
I am figuring out a way around it for the future (although I never use this feature in SWOS because yes, it would show up a 12 but not a 6, even though the 12 is actually considerably slower... I prefer to loosely judge based on the overall value and the SFC-type best skills ).

More
13 years 2 months ago #95664 by Jonathant
If anyone who uses the 2010-11 version would ever like to play some online matches, please give me a shout in the sensible chatroom - I would like to give it try some time!

More
13 years 2 months ago #95676 by regjames
ro32x and Synchronated many thanks for your replies

Jonathan, i would play you but you will be Man City and im a Wolves fan! (oh dear!) :-[

• zelig1965
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #96320 by zelig1965
Hi. I have to say this is a truly great patch..but I am having some problems installing properly. It seems to cause a huge number of other programs to crash which I find slightly worrying. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, if I want to use a gamepad do I just need to re-map the keys in some way?

Thanks

More
13 years 1 month ago #97171 by Batalheiro
Hello everyone,

This pack is perfect, I had it in my laptop for a while and had loads of fun in a career with Tottenham (I had Le Tissier and Alan Shearer up front!!)

However, I had to uninstall the game...now I have downloaded it again but the Key Remapper says that my trial period is over and I can t redefine keys! I have always played with:

UP q
DOWN a
LEFT i
RIGHT o
FIRE n

I cannot re-adapt. Is there anyway to redefine the keys in WinUAE-xp? I think I recall it being possible but don t remember exactly how...

I would be forever grateful if someone could offer me any help regarding this.

ps: I wrote a ridiculously over the top essay praising SWOS in my blog decadentalley.wordpress.com/2011/02/01/s...randeur-unsurpassed/

More
13 years 1 month ago #97293 by ro32x
Firstly... have you tried this:

- Run the Key Remapper tool from:
[Start Menu\Programs\SWOS\Tools\Change Keys]
- Click the yellow [pause] icon (this will stop your keys being mapped to the numpad)
- Click [help] then [re-register], and input the following details:

Name = Roman Williams
Email = This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Serial Number = 6J2R-SHNQ-7H93-HPDC

- Then click [register] which will close the program
- Run the Key Remapper tool again from:
- Un-pause Key Remapper with the yellow [pause] icon

Then try SWOS again!

More
13 years 1 month ago #97499 by Batalheiro

Firstly... have you tried this:

- Run the Key Remapper tool from:
- Click the yellow [pause] icon (this will stop your keys being mapped to the numpad)
- Click [help] then [re-register], and input the following details:

Name = Roman Williams
Email = This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Serial Number = 6J2R-SHNQ-7H93-HPDC

- Then click [register] which will close the program
- Run the Key Remapper tool again from:
- Un-pause Key Remapper with the yellow [pause] icon

Then try SWOS again!

A big THANK YOU to you ro32x!

It works fine now!

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds