Re: Sep 2010 Update - 2010-11 + Legends + 96/97 / Online / Easy Installer

More
12 years 11 months ago #101688 by Synchronated
The pad being visible in Devices Printers is fine, MS moved it there from Control Panel.
Game and IO Ports tab is within WinUAE itself, as far as I know, rather than in Windows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #101822 by steviebwoy78
Hi all, I ve run into a small problem with running this on my Laptop - it s quite an old laptop running Vista (!), so I ve tried to use Speed Switch XP. Is this the right thing to do? I ve installed it, but when I try to run it, I get the following error:

You don t have sufficient priviledges to write a power scheme. Code:5 (Access is denied.)

You need write access to the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\PowerCfg\GlobalPowerPolicy
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\PowerCfg\PowerPolicies

From what I can gather, I am logged on as Administrator, so I would ve thought I had access to these?

Any ideas, oh great SWOS-folk?

Also, what s a decent USB Gamepad to use with Amiga SWOS? I m not the best with a joystick, nor the keyboard so I m after a control pad ideally :) Any ideas welcome! Again, it s a Windows Vista laptop :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #101851 by Synchronated
IIRC on Vista and Win7 (although it may just be Win7) the administrator account is nothing of the sort, and you have to activate and then access a true administrator account or something similar. Might just be Win7 though. I just googled a bit when I needed to do it, and that was the solution, a good while ago.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101870 by EreWeGo
With Vista, just having admin rights isn t always enough. For some programs, right-clicking on the setup executable and selecting Run as Administrator is necessary. The other thing to try is to disable UAC , just be aware of the risks. Here s some articles:

windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vist...nt-Control-on-or-off

www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

:)

More
12 years 10 months ago #101883 by Synchronated
In terms of a decent USB gamepad, I use an xbox 360 Street Fighter IV Fightpad. It s USB, just plug in and it ll appear in Windows, and for me it has great buttons and a very good d-pad for SWOS. Most d-pads I don t really get on with for SWOS (wouldn t use a regular 360 pad for example).

Prices will vary though, as some versions are more sought after, as this is Capcom merch. You can probably find one for £15 if you look around.

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102189 by steviebwoy78
Nice one, thanks guys :)

Synchronated, is there a HDF file with your 10/11 season updates anywhere? I m trying to run SWOS via the Xbox version of WinUAEX and although I can run 08-09 (cheers EreWeGo) I really want to use your 10/11 updates.. Also, is there anything I can do on the Xbox to prevent the career mode crashing?

Cheers mate :)

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102190 by steviebwoy78
Aha, I managed to snare it from the Total Pack, no worries.

My only other concern is that it might crash at the end of the season - is there anything I can do to prevent this?

More
12 years 10 months ago #102194 by Synchronated
It will only crash if the number of teams in each league doesn t match the original SWOS league structure of the version you re playing.
The HDF from Total Pack should not crash as that update was designed to fit the original league structure.

I am unable to create a newer HDF at the moment as I can t get any of the required apps to work on Win7. But it is just a case of getting the 0809 one and replacing the Data folder inside it if you can get one of those (ADFview/ADFopus/others?) to work (and also replacing the SWOS2 file if necessary - if you have an update of mine that changes the league structure and thus needs this replacement, it will come with a replacement SWOS2 file; if it doesn t come with one you don t need one).

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102228 by steviebwoy78
Legend, thanks buddy :)

• dr_psikick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102390 by dr_psikick

I am trying to make SWOS Editor 1.3.0 work using the SWOS installed from the Swos19mar11.exe file.
I follow the instructions as they are written in the help, i.e. I:
1) copy the blank.adf file in a newly created directory,
2) copy the content of the SWOS.adf file in the same directory,
3) open the editor and choose the DATA folder

At this point I presume I should choose the executable files for the PC and the Amiga, or...? Anybody can tell me where I can find them?

In case the step above is not necessary and I should only choose a country and then press YES when the window Amiga packaging files detected. Etc etc : I also tried this way, but once I press YES nothing happens. Is there anything I should be aware of? Anybody that encountered the very same problem and solved it somehow?

I have the very same problem using Editor, I guess is the unpacker... I m using W7 64-bits.

But let me thank this awesome community specially the people that worked really hard to make this extraordinary version of our beloved SWOS, because it works really great!

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds