• raptoruts
  • raptoruts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123094 by raptoruts
Australian A-League was created by raptoruts
Hi guys,

newbie to the community here. Let me introduce myself:

Italian born, moved 3y ago to Australia at age 29, living in Sydney and enjoying old time classic videogames.

I just re-discovered the Amiga SWOS with the latest patch for 13/14 rosters. GREAT!
I experimented starting a career while coaching my local team (Sydney FC...not because Del Piero plays here and he is my life time sports hero...nonono :)
Anyway, little issue is: the A-League is supposed to have the teams playing against each other 3x while the game only allows for 2x. I am pretty sure in DIY league we can set the matches to be more than 2 or 3. Is there a way to force the career mode for A-League to allow for 3x matches? Technically there also are play-offs at the end of the season for the top 6 teams, but I don t think that would be doable.

Please let me know if the above is possible,

Thanks a lot,

R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #123095 by FIncad
Replied by FIncad on topic Re: Australian A-League
Hi!
I think that x3 games are possible, and playoffs arent. Here is a one file, where aus-league has 3x games (check the pic also in attachment). Please, im not an expert on this issues, and backup any data that you will overwrite and so on. Cause it might not work at all (after ending the season)! What i tested quickle, it worked fine.

So back up any data before applying this file first. Then you have to overwrite the orginalfile (with this one that is in an attachment) which is located f.e here
C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack\custom_data\tactics.

And before starting the new game/season, in total pack start menu, under the tab tactics the new standard tactics must be chosen to get this file and x3 games working properly.

Once again, back up any data before doing anything at all.

Cheers

Fincad
Attachments:

• raptoruts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123096 by raptoruts
Replied by raptoruts on topic Re: Australian A-League
Hey Fincad,

thanks so much for your help!

I will definitely test the file tonight (in Australia it s already 5PM)

Just out of curiosity, could you tell me what files you edited and which tool you used?

I am not into much coding recently, but I still work in IT and have a Computer Science master, so I could try and play around with it and have some fun :)

Thanks again,

Cheers,

R

• raptoruts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123097 by raptoruts
For instance I just noticed that New Zealand has a 3x in its settings and it should be a 2x :)

Happy to change it myself if I know how.

Thanks,

R

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #123098 by FIncad
Replied by FIncad on topic Re: Australian A-League
Hi!
Just quickly, here is one topic for this editing issue

www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=25035.0

Fincad

PS. How to get that amigafile unpacker to work, use it via Dosbox program. Link www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1
and working link for the amigafile (un)packer is f.e here aminet.net/package/util/pack/RNC_ProPack
Use ppibm file with dosbox for packing/unpacking amigafiles.

• raptoruts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123100 by raptoruts
Legend!

Thanks Fincad!

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #123101 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Australian A-League
A-League (as the top tier australian football) didn t even exist back when SWOS came out and the format might ve changed since then, which is why the actual league and the one in the 13/14 update are nothing alike.
Same goes for J.LEague, for instance.

Altering the league structure is only feasible up to a point due to inherent code thresholds that cannot be overcome without breaking the career mode, however, even if the structure itself couldn t be modified through hex editing you d still might able to fix it by simply transferring all of the australian teams to some other country within its continent of origin whose league structure better resemble that of the current A-League.

Adding playoffs and playout is definitely out of the picture though (unless there s leagues that feature that kinda format in Oceania, which is unlikely, unless I m mistaken).

On a distinctly separate, yet quite personally connected note, I d love to try to play some inter-continental online matches with you, it d be funny since I m italian as well. :P

• raptoruts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123111 by raptoruts
Hello Retrieving,

nice to meet you :)

Nessun problema riguardo al giocare online assieme. Dobbiamo solo coordinare il fuso orario dato che qua sono a +10 ore rispetto a te :)

In regards to A-League, you are definitely right about the fact that it did not exist back in SWOS original days. But beside not being able to run play-off at season end and also the fact there is no cup here (the Asian Champions League is run with a similar format to the Euro one) I have to say that making the league a 3x encounters between teams has solved most of my problems. Rosters are very well updated and career is so much fun. I am still getting back into re-learning how to properly play (hence why I am bottom of the ladder at the moment), but as soon as I improve we should organize the online match.

Ciao e a presto!

R

More
10 years 2 months ago #123150 by Synchronated
Hi
Just wanted to say that Australia is x2 because Australia in SWOS was 4 divisions (I think) and that one team set has now been split up into 4 separate leagues from different countries. So if I changed Australia to x3 then some other leagues would become x3 too.
So that s why it s x2. Obviously it s fine to change it to x3 if you re playing Australia and never Saudi or whatever the other leagues are :)
Cheers

More
10 years 2 months ago #123152 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Australian A-League

Obviously it s fine to change it to x3 if you re playing Australia and never Saudi or whatever the other leagues are :)
Cheers

Since I live here in Saudi Arabia I m quite interested in the league. ;)

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds