Re: SWOS-Total Pack (V1.07-Pre1) released.

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #64376 by EreWeGo

im gonna take his voice off a champions league game on the xbox360 proberbly have to play alot of matches. is it better to record the whole match then split the comments into wave format or just record bit by bit? and what volume to hvae it at?

Well, if you re going to record that way, it d probably be easier just to have a match playing AI vs AI, and leave it recording, (obviously you may have to do this for quite a few games!) Doing it bit by bit would be handy though for specific comments, or the rarer comments like an own goal etc. What would be even easier would be if you could find the PC version of the game, (if it s got a PC version of course!), mainly because most PC games can be edited a lot easier, and there s often tools readily available to rip/extract all the commentary etc. What s the actual game you re going to use?

As far as volume, you don t want it to be to be too quiet, because if you have to boost the volume to match the game SFX too much, then you often get distortion. If you record it too loud of course, where the samples are already clipping, then even if you lower the volume, you ve still got distortion of the sound. Just go for a good middle of the road volume that you can adjust either way if necessary. I used GoldWave and SoundForge when I made my mod, seemed to do everything I needed.

Let me know if you need any help.
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 days ago #64810 by EreWeGo
@ Carling: I had a look through my sound files collection, (collected during making sound mods for SS2006 and PC SWOS etc), and found the commentary files from the PC version of FIFA 07 and FIFA 08, featuring Andy Gray and Clive Tylesdley. Let me know if they ll be of any use to you...

More
15 years 3 days ago #64887 by carling476
Erewego that would be great if i could get them of you mate . cheers

More
15 years 2 days ago #64898 by EreWeGo

Erewego that would be great if i could get them of you mate . cheers

I ve sent you a p.m.

More
15 years 2 days ago #64933 by carling476
WTF ive tried to put the commentry in and when you put it in the game you get allsorts of comments at the wrong time in the game what am i doing wrong?

More
15 years 2 days ago #64936 by EreWeGo
Hey mate, this will happen if some of the commentary is longer than the original one it replaced. Make sure when you replace a commentary sound file that it s exactly the same length. When I used Soundforge while editing, I made sure I zoomed right in to make sure the commentary effect I was working on was the same length as the original, down to .xxx of a second, eg: 4.238 seconds etc.

More
15 years 2 days ago #64988 by carling476
How do you do this if the commentry is shorter than the original? im using goldwave im new to this i know how to record and cut samples and paste etc.

More
15 years 2 days ago #64992 by EreWeGo
Well, if the sample you want to use is shorter than the original, I would open the original and select-all, and mute or clear all. Then, basically paste your new, (and shorter) sample over the original, and it should be sweet...

hmmm, just realised we might be hi-jacking this thread a little - might be worth starting a thead in PC - Editing/Programming sub-forum...

More
14 years 11 months ago #65226 by carling476
Nearly finished the mod heres hows it sounds so far.

More
14 years 11 months ago #65266 by EreWeGo
Nice work my friend, sounding good! It s always nice to have a few different options available...

@starwindz - would you be able to add this to the Total Pack once Carling has finished?
:D

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds