Re: how to change country/team number?i

More
13 years 7 months ago #89161 by Sholomo
i am using PC SWOS editor 1.40
I have tried to replace scottish league with slovenian. I did not start by editing scottish teams, but I did copy/paste teams from one to another league, so the country numbers still stayed the same for the teams i moved. I can play one season then it crashes, always on the same spot (Slo league cup)
this is the dosbox message I get:
Illegal read from 205xxxx, CS: IP 160: 23706e
there are bunch of messages like that xxxx is just variable which changes, all others stay the same
last line is:
Illegal read from 2053547, CS: IP 160: 203706e

I suspect the problem is coz many teams i moved kept the old country number, so some teams from the same league even have different ones, because I did paste some teams from other leagues as well. Can I fix that ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #89191 by Sholomo
I have one more question. In which location are saved careers/competitions destinated? And can u edit them if u find location, because I cant ?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #89192 by carling476
i think each team has a pecific number aswell as the country number etc. once you start changing teams and transfering them etc problems start happening the best advice is if you want to continue playing in carrer mode
keep to the 96/97 original teams in there original country s and just edit the team .

if you are using vista its hard to locate the careers file. there is a guide to this somewhere in the forums. if your using windows xp the file is located in c/drive swos directory and the run folder.

i dont think you can edit the save carrer file i might be wrong. the compititions one i think this is possible to edit these.

More
13 years 7 months ago #89226 by Sholomo
Thanks for your response. So how can you change DIY league competition data? i tried with opening direct location u gave me, with ending XXX.DIY and it didnt work.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #89245 by Sholomo
Ok nevermind. I figured it out. With hex editor u have to open DIY file. Now are there already any explanations of what certain hex line mean, if not then I can try my best to find out. I also found out how to change country numbers with hex editor. Now the only thing I am curious whether I can change the name of the league = country

More
13 years 7 months ago #89254 by MIJB#19

Ok nevermind. I figured it out. With hex editor u have to open DIY file. Now are there already any explanations of what certain hex line mean, if not then I can try my best to find out. I also found out how to change country numbers with hex editor. Now the only thing I am curious whether I can change the name of the league = country

You should be able to edit the name of a competition in a DIY file.

If you mean the names of the standard leagues and cups in the career mode, those names are located in the sws.exe file, where you have to keep in mind that a lot of leagues share those names. Because of that, it make me wonder how those pre-determined names are linked to the leagues, did anybody figure out what kind of numbers are used and in which file(s): sws.exe or the seperate data.xxx files?

More
13 years 7 months ago #89271 by Sholomo
Thanks MIJB#19. For now I was able to change name between replaced leagues. In sws.exe I have found only 2 strings connected to certain league name (SCOTLAND SCOTTISH for example) . I still dont understand what change does 2nd one do, coz I did not see it yet in the game. But first word SCOTLAND is the name of the league, so I was able to change it with my replaced league (SLOVENIA) without any problem, luckily coz both words have the same number of characters, otherwise it would be problem, it seems in SWS.exe there is only predetermined number of characters for every existing name

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #89413 by rw9018
Replied by rw9018 on topic Re: how to change country/team number?i
There s a really quick solution to this problem posted in another thread:

www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=11084.0

Daimaou made a great .exe file that will fix it. First of all, you can copy and paste teams between different leagues and don t worry about the different country codes. Before you play SWOS, run the executable in the same folder as your team files; it will go through each team file and correct the country codes to what they should be. I ve tested it out loads of times and it works great - never any crashes in career mode!

More
13 years 6 months ago #89643 by Sholomo
Ok now i am experiencing new weird problem. As I am using hex editor to edit some ongoing DIY competitions, everything works fine but it is impossible to save that file back to the file i opened. For example if I open X1.DIY file there is no way i can save it back to X1.DIY (save can be done, but no change is seen in SWOS), i have to create X2.DIY... That would not be problem if I could delete old files after but I cant... They can be deleted if SWOS-Total Pack is opened or not, but when I close it and launch it or just launch it they keep reappearing, it is just ridicoulos, now i have like 20 files and cannot get rid off them, for every little change I have to create new one. Anyone know how to fix it ?

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #89653 by rw9018
Replied by rw9018 on topic Re: how to change country/team number?i
It s because Total Pack stores the files in two locations.

To delete a file: as well as deleting the file in the SWOS-Total Pack\run\p02_swos_97 folder, you should make sure it is deleted from SWOS-Total Pack\launcher\TEAM_SETS\11\exe++ as well. I am using team set 11, if you are using a different one then your files will obviously be in a different corresponding folder.

Similarly, If editing these files you need to make sure both copies are edited.

I haven t checked but it might be that you only need to edit/delete the file in the SWOS-Total Pack\launcher\TEAM_SETS\11\exe++ folder.

Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds