Re: Updates 2014-15

• Sandro
  • Sandro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126296 by Sandro
Updates 2014-15 was created by Sandro
Hi there,
Here are updates 2014-15 for Italy and Republic of Ireland. I will work and keep them updated during the season (well, the Irish one is nearly over).

Please, note that the number of teams in each league has been modified and reflects the number ot teams in reality. Enjoy them!

Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wiklund87
  • wiklund87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126315 by wiklund87
Replied by wiklund87 on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
Nice work, but I have some suggestions:
- Livorno missing the names of several players.
- Some players are really overpriced. For example the whole Lazio team and Kingsley Coman (3m) at Juventus.
- Some players should have increased value from the previous year: Paul Pogba and Miralem Pjanic etc
- Some positions and formations looks a bit off, like Juventus Bazaglia and Chiellini should be centre backs and Strootman and Gervinho at Roma.

• Sandro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126316 by Sandro
Replied by Sandro on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
- Sorry for missing players at Livorno.
- The positions of players are those reported by Gazzetta dello Sport. Chiellini and Barzagli play at sides in a 3 men defence; Gervinho is a side attacking player: forward, winger, midfielder? Anyway, it s hard to deal with SWOS preset tactics.
- Koman s value is definitly overrated, 2.25M for Pjanic is alright as well as 3M for Pogba. But then everybody
can change values through the editors

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #126341 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
A 3-man defence IRL is 3 centre backs. No-one has ever lined up with one centre back only. But in SWOS they (by default) called two of them full-backs for some reason, which meant that e.g. Kohler was a RB, and that now Barzagli has to be a RB to fit the formation; both are obviously centre backs. If you try to buy Kohler or Barzagli you don t want them to be full-backs, that s inaccurate and makes them useless really. There are many similar problems with SWOS default tactics unfortunately and the best way to deal with them is largely subjective, i.e. whether you want to call them centre-backs, or stick with the original SWOS convention, is up to you.

Gervinho is obviously a winger though (aside from a brief, bizarre period as Arsenal s central attacker) and Strootman a midfielder, which forces you to use 4-5-1 usually (4-3-3 SWOS formation is broken anyway - 1 central midfielder, 2 wingers and 3 central attackers; no team has ever done this IRL). For the same reason Real Madrid and Barcelona play a SWOS 4-5-1 in my updates, not a SWOS 4-3-3 in which Xavi for example would have to be a winger and Pedro would not). Another option is to use 4-3-3 but label players more realistically, but still the formation is pants. My 2 cents; SWOS is hard to deal with in terms of tactics/player positions and subjective compromises must be made :)

• Betichus
  • Betichus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126344 by Betichus
Replied by Betichus on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
Hi, i´m finishing Spanish league update. I have made the changes to this season. I will post it here when i finish, probably tomorrow.

• wiklund87
  • wiklund87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126349 by wiklund87
Replied by wiklund87 on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
I want to do the english league+reserves, but work has been taken to much time lately.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #126412 by Gorzo
Replied by Gorzo on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
Hi guys, I will help with SWOS update :) I attach T-Mobile Polish Ekstraklasa file and now I`m updating a England file :)
Attachments:

• Betichus
  • Betichus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #126459 by Betichus
Replied by Betichus on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
Sorry for the waitng. I have had little time to finishing Spanish leagues updates but it will be ready tomorrow.

• Sandro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #126468 by Sandro
Replied by Sandro on topic Re: Updates 2014-15

Hi guys, I will help with SWOS update :) I attach T-Mobile Polish Ekstraklasa file and now I`m updating a England file :)

Thank you for the Polish update, one of my favourite leagues

• teso1987
  • teso1987's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #126469 by teso1987
Replied by teso1987 on topic Re: Updates 2014-15
Hi all!

Here is a new Croatian league update 14-15 for all Swos fans. This is my first update after 8-9 years, enjoy! :) Keep Swos alive!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds