Amiga SWOS graphics editor

More
16 years 2 months ago #35338 by HungryHorace
I am thinking of coding a graphics editor for Amiga SWOS, as i am tired of answering questions about how to change banners, convert file types etc etc.

Primarily, i will probably only beuild a tile editor, with some kind of IFF map file importer, to allow oyu to view and change the pitch - since this is largely untouched on Amiga SWOS edits (even by myself)

please post what you would like to see in an amiga swos gfx editor, how you would like it to work, what functions etc. - would you want an inbuilt paint tool for example? or just complex import functions?

i will let you know how feasible ideas are etc, and if anyone wants to post any info to help me out (the stucture of interleaved raw gfx files would be nice!) feel free to do so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #35339 by Playaveli
As we ve already spoken:

- Goal nets
- Adboards
- Bench (coaching zone)
- grass/mud

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #35341 by HungryHorace
all pitch tiles will be editable... therefore all those that you ve mentioned!

would you like to see a system whereby you can edit say, the goal tiles as a whole? or the subs-bench as a whole?

this would just lay down those tiles used for them, and then allow you to edit only those 3-4 tiles.

More
16 years 2 months ago #35347 by Playaveli

would you like to see a system whereby you can edit say, the goal tiles as a whole? or the subs-bench as a whole?

this would just lay down those tiles used for them, and then allow you to edit only those 3-4 tiles.

Yes, that would be best!

More
16 years 1 month ago #36028 by HungryHorace
doesnt look like there is really much interest in this, so i will probably onyl make it quite simple, and expand it over the coming years. (i always return to old projects to play-around!)

More
16 years 1 month ago #36033 by Playaveli
Make it as good as you can, Horace. I am sure there is a lot of interest in it once it s ready and people start to play around with it.
For now, maybe people are a bit too reserved concerning SWOS developement after years of constant disappointments through official releases etc...

More
16 years 1 month ago #36038 by whiteulver
Hi Horace,

I have to say that this project is something that miss from swos community, and there arent many people that could create it.

Since this project is a little complicate, i suggest to make it as good as u can, with all features on.

It is a nice project and will help a lot of people cause the guideline i have from you, to edit MAP files, it is hard to be explained and executed by simple user.

So give your best shoot and make it full on ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #46529 by Nitro81
Are there news????

More
15 years 8 months ago #47104 by EreWeGo
Sounds interesting...any news from Horace?

:)

More
15 years 4 months ago #54300 by HungryHorace
i want it to be known, i have not forgotten, nor abandoned this project... i m just working on other things right now.

By working on other things (in particular my MegaLoMania editor) i ve learnt a lot of new tips and tricks to coding on the Amiga, which will aid the development of this prject in the long-term.

Time to create page: 0.712 seconds