Amiga SWOS graphics editor

More
15 years 4 months ago #54305 by EreWeGo
No worries Horace, cheers for the update. Your MegaLoMania Editor looks sweet by the way.
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #58066 by Playaveli
Horace, mate, any news on this? I can t wait for this tool to be available.

More
15 years 1 month ago #60162 by mrsensible
IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE

u can open these SWOS MAP FILES with Turbo Amiga Map Edıtor programme
this programme lets us to see BLOCKS into MAP - we can not see graphics into MAPS
this program save as BLK DAT MAP

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #60938 by HungryHorace
i am still working on my Mega-lo-Mania editor. (i am currently on my third session on this, which i hope will bring it close to being worthy of release-status)

when this is done, i may come back to working on a SWOS editor (not just gfx, but data as well if i can pool enough information) ... however, the lack of response i got on the gfx editor did slow the process down... I have a full-time job now, and that is doubly hard right now due to the tax-year end in April. hopefully after that i will have time to dedicate a bit to new projects, which a SWOS editor would fall under, as the work done on it so-far is minimal.... i wasnt able to produce the results i wanted when viewing the map data, but i need time to look through that and work out where i went wrong.

To the 3-4 people who have PMed me regarding editing .map files, i apologise, but i have answered this question so many times over the past 11 years, you must forgive me that i am frankly a bit sick of explaining how to do it! Bare in mind, i was only 17 years old in 1998 (with far less understanding of Sensible Software data structures than i have now!!) when i worked out how to do this, I would not think it so difficult for other people to work out! You require only xfddecrunch (or powerpack) , ArtPro 0.90 (NOT the last version!) and DPaint / PPaint to do this edit!!

Please bare with me, I cannot work as fast as I (or anyone else) would like, but rest-assured nothing is left behind, and this IS something i would like to continue in the (hopefully near) future.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #60942 by EreWeGo
Hey Horace, thanks for the reply mate - and no apologies necessary, we all know that real-life and other projects come first, after all, we don t get paid for this! (Although that d be nice, hehehe) :D

Anyway, although an editor, especially one that allows editing of the pitch as a whole would be awesome, I finally managed to sort out how to do the editing, (with a LOT of playing around, and some tips from whiteulver). I was just coming to the conclusion that the version of ArtPro I was using was my problem, ( I was using 1.20), when whiteulver confirmed this for me. Since then, I ve been using ArtPro 1.12, and it works fine!

It s pretty fiddly/time consuming work, but I m enjoying it. I for one would like to say a BIG thanks to you for helping figure out how to edit SWOS in the first place!

Good luck with your Mega-lo-Mania editor, the preview you posted a while ago looked brilliant.

More
15 years 1 week ago #61364 by mrsensible
I THINK THAT THE FUTURE IS NEAR
we must be patience
SWOS is edited to success by somebody :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #88776 by Playaveli
Horace? News? ;)

More
13 years 7 months ago #88783 by ro32x
This post was started in Jan 2008.
Is there any hope that this tool will be released?
I d be very interested!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #88788 by EreWeGo
Yeah, I m still interested too, I know Horace is really busy, but it d be awesome to have a tool to make editing easier - it s a lot of work to edit the graphics otherwise.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds