Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #56578 by lobo
WROCLAW OPEN 2009 was created by lobo

Some of you might still remember that:
  • Lobo losing ability to speak fluently on Friday night ::)
  • Playa playing semi-finals with a competition pro joystick :o
  • Bomb stumbling over extension cables to cause mayhem in Amiga tournament ;D

... just to mention few of many highlights from last year.

More impressions from last year can be found HERE

Time flies so quick that before anyone noticed time has come to get ready for next edition which will take place on 21st of February 2009
Last year Wroclaw s tournament has gathered 40 players on both platforms. This year we are surely planning to beat it!

Please consider yourself more than welcome to come and join us in this unforgetable experience.
Last year Polish SWOS Team s hospitality went one bridge too far, allowing our guests Marty (PC) and Playa (Amiga) to win both tournaments. At this point no promises can be made that same will happen again. ;)

All information regarding prizes, accomodation, tournament seedings, etc will follow soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact either Foka or myself should you need any information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #56595 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009
Ah so great to see that this tourney takes place again.

I really want to join, but unfortunately I m not able to come as I m still away at this time : (

I wish you all loads of fun and a great tournament :)

More
15 years 4 months ago #56610 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009
OUCH!

That hurts but if I remember well that s exactly what you said before tournament in Prague. We keep our fingers crossed something unexpected will come out.

More
15 years 4 months ago #56612 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009

• Lobo losing ability to speak fluently on Friday night ::)
  • Playa playing semi-finals with a competition pro joystick :o
  • Bomb stumbling over extension cables to cause mayhem in Amiga tournament ;D

That was some excellent stuff! ;)
I always try to be there, of course. But it s still too early to say.
Around that time I move houses, so a lot of work is coming my way.
Will keep you updated.

Wroclaw Open, excellent tournament.

More
15 years 4 months ago #56617 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009
Klaris and I talked about going, but we ll see.

More
15 years 4 months ago #56747 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009
I was thinking about to come , but we have from january on short-time work in my firm and so i receive less money. I must look in my portemonnaie, if i can come . The chances are not so good , sry Foka :(

More
15 years 4 months ago #56980 by m.c.t.
Replied by m.c.t. on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009
I will give my best to be there!!!

This tournaments are great excuse to visit other countries that I would never see, and to meet people that I would never meet.... I am still very sad that I missed tournament in Prague :(

My biggest problem is that I already paid in advance to see my favorite band performing live in Vienna (OASIS - 25th February). I will inform you later about my status!

More
15 years 4 months ago #57026 by Ali
Replied by Ali on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009
I think I ll join, really want it, we live 1 time so dont want to miss a tournement :D
Travel in my own is boring, so I will speak Greg, Rusty or M4rk.. I hope they also want to join.. otherwise my friends will join like in Prague who support me well :D

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #57092 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009

TRANSLATED FROM www.sensiblesoccer.pl

hr

The Wroclaw Open is knocking on your door! It is the 4th time that Polish and international SWOS elite will be rocking the Wroclaw Brochow old railway station.

Tournaments held in the capital of Lower Silesia are known for getting better every following edition. This is the idea of organizers and so far they stick to it. The numbers say the same:

1st tournament: 9 players
2nd tournament: 21 players (4 foreigners)
3rd tournament: 41 players (6 foreigners, including both PC and Amiga World Champions)
4th tournament: ?

This time we are sure we will break the record of 50 participants. Of course quality is as important as quantity, and we are confident with the first. Wroclaw will welcome the reigning Amiga World Champion Lobo (also PC 3rd place holder), as well as Amiga Runner-Up Bobbiebobras. They will be accompanied by Amiga Poland Champion from Wroclaw and Gliwice - Foka. The elite of Polish PC players is not to be ignored here - the Poland Champions: Yoda, Filipousis, Romaneq, Paczek, Zienior, Sanek. Supervisors of Polish Sensible Soccer Online competitions declared their participation: Wodiczko, Pablo, Szyms and of course the CEO - Ruichi. Let s not forget here the men about town: Bumer, Cinek, Magister. Walking legends of Polish SWOS will be present as well: Dzem, Dior, Basto. Wroclaw attracts organizers of two other Polish tournaments: TomPlus (Upper Silesia) and Leman (Lubin, this time only as a spectator). This tournament will probably witness the offline debut of well known players: Lecha and Michal. The list of Polish players is too long to put it whole here. As for foreign visitors - Elmichaj and Bomb confirmed their participation as 100%. We hope however that the number of our friends from abroad will rise significantly. Most likely the Italians will show up: PC World Champion Lucaa and his brother Sasy. The appearance in Wroclaw is seriously considered by Prague Tournament Champion Ali. Other players planning to visit Wroclaw are: M.C.T. (Serbia), Marin (Bulgaria), Djowger and Klaris (Denmark). We still hope everything will work well and we will welcome German players: Playaveli, Pallister and Waenae. Any of them joining Wroclaw Open will be an honour both for organizers and the whole Polish Sensible community.

As always PC and Amiga tournaments will be held simultanously. Players will be equipped with at least 5 PCs and 5 Amigas. During the tournament two hot meals will be served, along with coffee, tea and [soft] drinks. The tradition of Wroclaw Open is going beyond playing alone. The day before we head to the city for the integration party. Many players will come with their wives or girlfriends. Without doubt everyone will have the time of their lives - and exactly because of Sensible Soccer.

The most appropriate comment here is the last year s quote of ElMichaj: One big family .

Organizers:
Foka, Lobo (Amiga), Romaneq (PC), Dior (equipment)

Date:
21.02.2009 10am

Place:
Wroclaw Brochow railway station building, Semaforowa Street

b See you in Wroclaw! b

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #57175 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: WROCLAW OPEN 2009

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds