Re: Nordic Open 2009 - Player profiles

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #61457 by djowGer
Nordic Open 2009 - Player profiles

To make Nordic Open 2009 more interesting for the outside world, here is a small introduction of the confirmed players so far.
(Last update on the 22nd of march)

- - - - - - - -
LOBO

Tactic: 5-3-2
Team based on: Real Madrid
Amiga world ranking: #1

Info: Needs no big introduction on the International SWOS scene. World Cup holder, and winner of many AMIGA SWOS tournaments in Europe. A huge favorite to win the AMIGA title no doubt. Well known for his speed and coolness in the attack.

djowGer

Tactic: 5-2-3
Team based on: Brazil
Amiga world ranking: #7
PC world ranking: #21

Info: Danish swos player from the offline crew in Aalborg. Co-organizer of Nordic Open 2009, and organizer of ealier Aalborg swos cups. Hopes to give LOBO a challenge for the Amiga trophy. Known for his defence and creativity.

Klaris

Amiga world ranking: #21
PC world ranking: #54

Info: Main organizer of Nordic Open 2009 and another player from Aalborg. Klaris has his strenghts in the distance shots, and a good defence. A dangerous combo that could take him to the very top in the tournament.

Lindholm

Tactic: Sweep
Amiga world ranking: #25

Info: Co-organizer of Nordic Open 2009 and another player from Aalborg. Lindholm is strictly an offline player, and known in the Aalborg SWOS community for his speed and creativity. Surprised with a 4th place at Aalborg SWOS CUP 2. Maybe an outsider for the Amiga trophy?

Alis

Tactic: 4-4-2
Amiga world ranking: #31
PC world ranking:

Info: Co-organizer of Nordic Open 2009 and another player from Aalborg. Alis is an allround player with his very own style of play. Usually makes many surprises in a tournament, and a player that never gives up. Winner of Battle of Aalborg 1, and Aalborg Elite Cup.

M4rk

Team based on: Barcelona
Amiga world ranking: #39
PC world ranking: #38

Info: Dutch SWOS legend on PC and Amiga. Has a lot of offline/online experience. Is wellknown for his high-headers and defence, and being a party freak! ;D

swoozh

Tactic: 4-3-3
Amiga world ranking: #43
PC world ranking: #45

Info: Another dutch SWOS legend on PC and Amiga. Has a lot of offline/online experience. Former CL winner online. Is known for his direct style of play. Came 3rd in the last edition of the Eiffel Cup in Germany.

Rasmus

Tactic: Attack
Team based on: Italy
Amiga world ranking:
PC world ranking: #5

Info: Rasmus is the biggest favorite for the PC tournament, who has won the ISSA PC tournament twice in a row now. He is known for his coolness and scary offence.

Junior

Tactic: 3-5-2
Amiga world ranking: #81
PC world ranking: #40

Info: Junior is the ISSA chairman, and former winner of the ISSA tournament. He is known for his fast passing and direct playing style.

Kasper Kring

Amiga world ranking:
PC world ranking: #82

Info: An old school ISSA player, that has particioated in numorous ISSA events. A good allrounder.

Asboy

Tactic: Attack
Amiga world ranking: #106
PC world ranking: #17

Info: Asboy came 4th in last years PC tourney at Sensi Days. A world class PC player, with allround skills and also a regulary medalist in numorous ISSA events.

Mogadishu Dust

Amiga world ranking: #157
PC world ranking: #37

Info: Mogadishu Dust is another PC player from ISSA. A good finisher, and always gets far in the ISSA tournaments.

Daniel P

Amiga world ranking: #165
PC world ranking: #36

Info: Daniel P is a great PC player from ISSA. Always in the top 8 of their tourneys. Is another good allrounder.

Stecher

Amiga world ranking: #41
PC world ranking:

Info: Stecher is an old school PC player who has played on all systems. He is relatively unknown on the International SWOS scene. He made an upset in his first offline AMIGA ranking tournament getting a 2nd place in Battle of Aalborg 2. Stecher is known for his hard tackles and being an allrounder.

Dons

Tactic: Sweep
Amiga world ranking: #152
PC world ranking:

Info: Dons is an old school AMIGA player, that knows the game very well, but has been away from SWOS a long time. He is a typical surprise player that should not be underestimated, and has a dangerous offence.

Gumme

Tactic: 4-2-4
Amiga world ranking: #135
PC world ranking:

Info: Gumme has played on most systems, but mostly the XBLA version. He is a surprise player, with a fast passing style.

Skurken

Tactic: 5-4-1
Amiga world ranking: #172
PC world ranking:

Info: Skurken is another Aalborg player, who used to play the game back in the days and is now making his comeback. Defencive and a direct style of play.

(No photo yet..)MadsHilde

Amiga world ranking:
PC world ranking:

Info: A new player on the SWOS scene, who also started playing online recently. Mads has a solid defence and direct style of playing.

(No photo yet..)Casper P

Tactic: ?
Team based on: ?
Amiga world ranking:
PC world ranking:

Info: A new player on the SWOS scene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #61470 by Ali
Good job Djowger looks really nice,.. would be great if we had something like this for Sensidays..

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #61471 by Playaveli

would be great if we had something like this for Sensidays..

^^ What makes you think we won t have a betting shop??!?!
It will be opened when all sign-ups and reservations are done.

Djowger, good job here! Enjoyed reading.

More
15 years 1 month ago #61472 by Ali
Betting shop for what? I will win Sensidays for 100 % haha :P

More
15 years 1 month ago #61478 by Coolio_Jack

Betting shop for what? I will win Sensidays for 100 % haha :P

You should have told that before i booked my flight :(

More
15 years 1 month ago #61481 by Ali
Sorry CJ :( You know it for the next year then :P

More
15 years 1 month ago #61608 by djowGer
Updated the player list. enjoy

More
15 years 1 month ago #61689 by swoozh
Cool preview. Looking forward to play some matches!

I m playing 4-3-3 btw, I wished i could play 4-4-3, gives me some advantage i think ;)

More
15 years 1 month ago #61729 by djowGer

Cool preview. Looking forward to play some matches!

I m playing 4-3-3 btw, I wished i could play 4-4-3, gives me some advantage i think ;)

haha.. sorry man.. :)

i made quite a few mistakes so far, and a lot of copy paste. but yours should be fixed. cant wait for friday! :D

when will the flying dutchmen hit Randers?

More
15 years 1 month ago #61818 by M4RK
this is freakin awesome man!

the starts stats and stuff.. nice job! if i see this i even get more excited to play there :D

just posted in other topic djowger.. we ll prolly be there around i dont know just before midnight i hope ^^

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds