Maybe bit childish, but soooooooo funny!

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #47730 by torpedo
So i got this stupid idea at some point :)

The main difference beetween online and offline experience for me is simply the fact, that you can t really see people s faces when playing on kaillera server, cannot shake their hand and look at them with a triumph after you win. Also the memories you are left with after online game are simply overshadowed by another and another game, and the bit of interaction you get is HF before and THX after the match.

Offline tournaments, like upcoming Sensible Days give you the chance to meet people, and (in my case at least) these are the games you ll never forget. I still remember my first game at WST in 2004, when merciless Micko managed to put 5 goals into my net, with my forwards feeling lost on the pitch. I remember crazy and nervous encounter with Greg at last year s ISSA tournament, and i remember that bloody goal direct from the free kick that Steve (sensibleswos in here) impressed me with.

Last year when going to Copenhagen i thought, that it will be nice if others would remember games against me. So i came up with the idea of having little laminated cards with my team squad and shirts, and to give it to my every opponent before the game - like a club emblem real footballers exchange before the first referees whistle. Definitely something you can t do online :)

Of course, some of the players found it childish ( well, just go back to your grown-ups world then :) ) but some of them seemed to liked that funny idea.

This year i m going to do the same, and i kindly ask those of you able to do that as well to follow that idea. It s not a proffesional job, as you can do that at home in half an hour, but i would love to exchange my emblem with those of you who find it fun! And that will save me the embarassment of handing it to those, that are going to look at me as thay ve just spotted a retard.

this is to give you an idea what mine look like:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #47731 by Pallister
Simply a fantastic idea. Great job Torpedo. I ll make this too and hope that others will follow...

More
15 years 8 months ago #47733 by Playaveli

The main difference beetween online and offline experience for me is simply the fact, that you can t really see people s faces when playing on kaillera server, cannot shake their hand and look at them with a triumph after you win. Also the memories you are left with after online game are simply overshadowed by another and another game, and the bit of interaction you get is HF before and THX after the match.

Offline tournaments, like upcoming Sensible Days give you the chance to meet people, and (in my case at least) these are the games you ll never forget. I still remember my first game at WST in 2004, when merciless Micko managed to put 5 goals into my net, with my forwards feeling lost on the pitch. I remember crazy and nervous encounter with Greg at last year s ISSA tournament, and i remember that bloody goal direct from the free kick that Steve (sensibleswos in here) impressed me with.

I loved to read every bit of that. Very well written, especially first paragraph.

Last year when going to Copenhagen i thought, that it will be nice if others would remember games against me. So i came up with the idea of having little laminated cards with my team squad and shirts, and to give it to my every opponent before the game - like a club emblem real footballers exchange before the first referees whistle. Definitely something you can t do online :)

I still have this little card right infront of me at my pinwall. Kierkkegaarden IF... what a great team with Nietzsche in attack and Schopenhauer in defense. :)
The idea is great. I hope I find the time to do it as well.

More
15 years 8 months ago #47735 by Eleven
Nice idea Torpedo ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #47771 by Redhair
I would like to get such a cool souvenir!
Maybe it s childish, I don t care, I like it! :P

Anyway, I will try to make something similar, I think I am childish enough for this ;)
I ve created even an website for my team ;D

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds