Re: Offline one on one games

More
15 years 8 months ago #49422 by Marin Parushev
Me and my friends have a suggestion to make about offline events. We have tried it between us and it proves to be a fair rule.
What we suggest is that in offline games the home player sits on the left side of the monitor and the away player sits on the right side. For some of you it may sound silly but this rule has some important advantages.
For example when someone joins to watch the game they don t need to ask for the score but just wait for the first pause and score will appear clearly showing who leads. Otherwise the observer will have to ask for the score and this is distracting not only for the other players who watch the game but also for the players themselves.
But the most important advantage of this rule is that if the monitor is not right in the middle between the 2 players this could be an advantage for one of them in case they don t switch places. I personally find it harder to play when I am not close to the monitor or when the monitor is not parallel to my eyes.
Please comment and state your pros and cons about such a rule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #49423 by Playaveli
I see no importance in such a rule because...

a)

For example when someone joins to watch the game they don t need to ask for the score but just wait for the first pause and score will appear clearly showing who leads.

...this isn t really how it goes. Normally game is so fast and after each dead ball situation game continues so fast that you cannot tell for sure what the score is. If there is a longer break you read the team names and know anyway who is leading or not!

b)

But the most important advantage of this rule is that if the monitor is not right in the middle between the 2 players this could be an advantage for one of them in case they don t switch places.

...I always ask my opponent where he wants to sit. Because I don t care myself.

c)

I personally find it harder to play when I am not close to the monitor or when the monitor is not parallel to my eyes.

...I always have the moving-chair-back -action prior to a match. I need to be playing from some distance.
I guess everyone has his own taste here and cannot be put into a scheme.

And after all, normally both players agree on places and monitor position before each match. If you start a match and you feel uncomfortable with something I am afraid you have to blame yourself.
And if you are annoyed by someone asking for the scores all the time just use some headphones like Torpedo or Bobbie did... ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #49475 by Marin Parushev
Playaveli, I disagree with some of your points.
First of all not all players customize teams and Brazil 2 - 1 Italy doesn t tell you who is leading.
Second of all it is a fairplay to ask your opponent to choose his place but I guess not everyone finds it the same where they would sit.
And last but not least, you can move the chair back on the other side of the monitor too.
Anyway... if such a rule is not applied I d rather pick where I may sit before every game. Is that possible?
Any other opinions?

15 years 8 months ago #49477 by ElMichaJ
as we could see last pirmasens we have to use such specific rules.

if you are a fair player this doesnt matter really, but you need a frontier or limit for all...

i know it from other esport events how big such little problems could be

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #49482 by Playaveli

Second of all it is a fairplay to ask your opponent to choose his place but I guess not everyone finds it the same where they would sit.
And last but not least, you can move the chair back on the other side of the monitor too.

Huh? I said in my post that I always ask opponent where he wants to sit. Because I don t care which chair I will move back.

And I think we should be careful not to over-rule everything.
Of course you should ask for your favorite chair or monitor position before a match. This shouldn t be a problem and it is it must be solved with interaction and not by some rules. Come on...

More
15 years 8 months ago #49498 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Offline one on one games
If we start this rule, we would need additional rules for more things:

the serious ones

- which shirt-colours are allowed? (opponents with big yellow brazil shirts can be disturbing, modest grey t-shirts are more comfortable for my eyes...)

- which joysticks are allowed? (loud-clicking sticks can be disturbing, I like pads or sticks without clicks...)

We can add some nonserious like opponents aftershave, hairstyle, etc.

I am sure everybody knows what I want to say. :)

More
15 years 8 months ago #49755 by Marin Parushev
I was just trying to convey the idea that this thing is important to me. And since you don t find it important I d be happy to sit where I like the next time we play :)

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds