Re: Nordic Open 2009

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62269 by Kanu
Replied by Kanu on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
any video?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago - 15 years 4 weeks ago #62271 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
:)

I finally woke up after an exhausting but terrific weekend! When i came to Aalborg yesterday, i found out that i had to work in evening..... :-X
So now I finally have time to put a few words on the tournament.

As always, there are so many impressions, good games, good talks and funny episodes, it is hard to write it all down on paper. You have to be there to experience it!!! In my eyes the tournament was definately a success. High level SWOS in both tournaments, and everyone was able to beat eachother, which made the tournaments even more exciting with many suprising results. Never the less lobo once again showed his class and came out on top on AMIGA, he just became stronger and stronger as the tournament progressed, and someone even counted that he scored more goals in the KO stage, than in the groupstage ;) impressive. Rasmus was probably the biggest surprise in the AMIGA tourney IMO, joining as a trial player, and making it all the way to the final, respect! :D
As for the Aalborg SWOS crew/organizers, we were all satisfied to make it to the Quater finals, and maybe too satisfied ;). After some thrilling matches only Alis could make it to the next stage. ;)
ask Lobo, M4rk and Rasmus what went wrong. hehe.

The PC tournament had fewer players, but what we lacked in players, maybe raised the bar of high-level SWOS. Once again so many thrilling games, it was hard to count them all. Im very happy that I managed to win the win tournament, and it was just perfect to play vs Rasmus in the final since he has now knocked me out in the ISSA semis twice in a row now with 1 goal, so in that sense it felt even better to settle the score this time ;D
But of course i must thank Alis, Klaris etc. for the support in the final, that was just great, and almost so funny that it broke my concentration. ( .. we can hear no ISSA sing! hey! hey! :D .... )

Although before the final i was thinking that i would be knocked out by Lindholm, imo the biggest surprise in the PC tournament. His defence is just out this world sometimes!! We had to play 4 matches before it was settled in the 88th minute by a penalty. Pretty tragic, when you consider that we made the rule, that no knockout games should end in penalties. : ( Sorry Linde... you deserved the spot just as much as me. Maybe you don t hate PC that much anymore ;) Congrats to Junior for taking the bronze medal, after some great games against Lindholm, were he could take advantage of the very few mistakes that Lindholm did.

Before the tournament i was most excited about lobo, the dutchmen, and the ISSA joining Nordic Open. But perhaps the best surprise was to see SPIR at the tournament!! Haven t seen or heard from him in nearly 2 years after Danish Open 2007! It was supposed to be a surprise to me, which all the other players knew about except me, but somehow it slipped out.. ;) great to see you again my old swos buddy, and was great to see that you had not forgotten about the game. Im sure things would had looked slightly better for you, if you had played with your own joystick. Next time dude.. ;) and hope to see you online again sometime soon, i really miss our close games.

thx to all participants of the tournaments, you all contributed to make the tournament very special for me. just great!!!! :)

and of course congrats to all medalist, lobo, rasmus, junior, m4rk great effort!!!

also a special thx to my friend Martin for making me use his beamer for this tournament, it worked just perfect. And to lobo for keeping #sensible updated on the results :D

but i want to have some visual information from this party :D, too

I took some few photos with my mobile, so quality is not the best. Check it out here:
picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/NordicOpen2009

any video?

Here is also a small clip from the tourney:
[flash=425,344]www.youtube.com/v/CVho33Wxl1o[/flash]

Results of AMIGA:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_ergebnisse tid=943

Results of PC:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_ergebnisse tid=944

Thanks to everybody for loveing this game so much, that we can create an atmosphere, who reminds of a little football stadion:-). Offcourse I want to win and do my best, but I allso think the social part (drinking), and cheering is a very important thing, because it is what who is missing when you play online at home.

spot on mate 8)

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62276 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
Congrats Lobo and Djowger.
Thanks for hosting this tournament. And thanks a lot for all the reports, pictures and media about it.
I really wished to be there.

Rasmus in the Amiga final... really nice one! ;)

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62278 by djowGer

please check if all resutts are entered correctly ...

if they are, i will update the ranking

There is a few mistakes i think, results are right it just looks wrong with agg. results. Amiga tourney 1/8:

lindholm vs stecher : 2-0 0-2 .. rematches: 1-1 3-2 = 4-3 agg
junior vs mark : 3-2 2-3 .. rematches: 2-4 2-1 = 4-5 agg

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62280 by Kanu
Replied by Kanu on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
Congrats for this tournament.

Lobo confirmed to be an unstoppable offline kickass, but as I ve already said, the best overall performance is Rasmus one. Double final for him (one of them very close).

I really would like to see PC final won by Djowger (congrats, mate). I m sure that was a great match.

Thanks for nice pics and videos

15 years 4 weeks ago #62283 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
rankings updated .... errors are things from the page .... we know them all

PC

www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=community_ranking sid=1

AMIGA

www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=community_ranking sid=2

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #62296 by djowGer

Congrats for this tournament.

Lobo confirmed to be an unstoppable offline kickass, but as I ve already said, the best overall performance is Rasmus one. Double final for him (one of them very close).

I really would like to see PC final won by Djowger (congrats, mate). I m sure that was a great match.

Thanks for nice pics and videos

game is still on the pc, which is in a storage room in randers. will take a week or two before it comes to aalborg. but it will eventually be available on youtube.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62315 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
Hey djowGer!

Check it out:

PS: The guy who stops Rasmus on PC will get 2 beers from me. ;)

:D

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62330 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009
^^ Adress on PM pls, Poul! :)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62343 by SPIR
Replied by SPIR on topic Re: Nordic Open 2009

Thank you Aalborg SWOS Crew for organizing this turnament. Would be great to see that more people could have made it to this turney, but who am i to talk about joining SWOS competitions ;) I will rather celebrate everyone of us who made it to Randers even some came from faraway places too. Cheers m8s! and thanks, we set the house on fire! I thoroughly enjoyed this time!
Very impressive to see the Aalborg SWOS Crew playing so well. I understand you have all helped eachother hook up with Amiga s at your homes and this is definately a great investment which showed on the pitch!
I reckon Lobo was pretty much unstoppable in Randers on the Amiga. Thoroughly impressive Lobo! Congratz! Looking much forward for chance to find way thru your defences again!
Some impressive games between m4rk and djowGer in the quarterfinals. Really tough! m4rk showed great resilience in those games after being behind 2-0!
Big up to Lindholm for playing so great. You got the SWOS skillz man!
Big up to ISSA Crew for their s(z)ensible approach to the game!
Big up to djowGer for taking home the PC trophy! ISSA owned the PC-turnament but you made sure they didn t take it all home and so there s cause for celebration in Aalborg!
Some epic games there vs. Lindholm in the semi s!
I m really impressed by the defensive game in PC SWOS!
As for my own games i m pretty satisfied! In between i resonated with the SWOS and the game worked and this felt like a happy reunion for me. Ill take this home together with a couple of good results and look forward to some more games!

Pizzabagger Pizzabagger, hey! hey! hey! :o This is the kind of football chanting i can relate too. Awesome you guys...

Thanks everybody! See you on the pitch!

---

I understand you owe djowGer a couple of beers Playa! and i expect them to be of no lesser quality for my SWOS m8 than these www.kloster-ettal.de/brauerei/Ettaler_Klosterbiere.htm bayerisches klosterbiere ;D

Cheers :)

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds